Test Positive for COVID-19

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Over 100 Fully Vaccinated People in Washington State

By Zachary Stieber
March 31, 2021 Updated: March 31, 2021

https://www.theepochtimes.com/over-100- ... comeuser=1

If you don't want to sign up for The Epoch Times,
Here's a copy of the article - Mind Boggling :!:

More than 100 people in Washington state have tested positive for COVID-19
after being fully vaccinated, authorities said March 30.

Epidemiologists have found evidence of 102 so-called breakthrough cases since
Feb. 1. That number represents 0.01 percent of people in the state who have
been fully vaccinated against the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus, which
causes COVID-19.

The CCP virus is also known as SARS-CoV-2.

Eight of the patients required hospitalization and two, both over 80 years old
with underlying health issues, died. All contracted the virus more than two
weeks after being fully vaccinated.

Fully vaccinated refers to people receiving both doses of the vaccines produced
by Moderna or Pfizer/BioNTech. A third option, from Johnson & Johnson, is a
single dose.

According to the Washington State Department of Health, further investigation is
needed to identify patterns among people who contracted the virus after vaccination.

The cases are confirmed with a positive test. Investigators then work to determine
details on what happened.

“It is important to remember that every vaccine on the market right now prevents
severe disease and death in most cases. People should still get vaccinated as soon
as they are eligible, and encourage friends, loved ones, and co-workers to do the
same,” Umair Shah, the state’s secretary of health, said in a statement.

“Finding evidence of vaccine breakthrough cases reminds us that, even if you have
been vaccinated, you still need to wear a mask, practice socially distancing, and wash
your hands to prevent spreading COVID-19 to others who have not been vaccinated.”

According to U.S. drug regulators, Pfizer’s vaccine is 95 percent effective in preventing
infection of the CCP virus. Moderna’s was shown in a clinical trial to be 94.1 percent
effective, while Johnson & Johnson’s was 66.9 percent effective. The percentages are
for two weeks after the final vaccination.

Other states have seen infections among people who were fully vaccinated.

Officials in Idaho told reporters last week that breakthrough cases have been recorded,
although the number was fewer than 100. South Carolina authorities said this week that
134 such cases have been identified throughout the state. Dozens of patients in Florida
have contracted the CCP virus more than 14 days after being fully vaccinated.

The Minnesota Department of Health is among the health departments issuing advisories
about the breakthrough cases.

In the March 2 release, state officials told health workers that they are “investigating
COVID-19 infections (symptomatic and asymptomatic) among people who are appropriately
vaccinated with COVID-19 vaccine, also called vaccine breakthrough cases.”

The probe will help both Minnesota health officials and the Centers for Disease Control
and Prevention “understand to what extent sub-optimal primary immune responses among
specific groups, waning immunity, vaccine compromise, and viral mutations or variants may
impact susceptibility to COVID-19 infection after vaccination,” the alert stated.

“Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from vaccine breakthrough cases is unknown and therefore
isolation (separation from others) is recommended until 10 days have passed since
symptom onset (or test date for asymptomatic cases), symptoms are improving, and
patient has been afebrile for at least 24 hours, without fever-reducing medication.”

As far as I'm concerned, too me - the vaccine hasn't been proven safe enough yet for me
to get "The Shot/s". I do qualify as a high-risk category senior, but I'll wait.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Test Positive for COVID-19

Post by Coder »

Those 100 people, though, represent far fewer than 5% of the ineffectiveness of the best-effective vaccine. 100 seems like a large number, but out of millions (or even hundreds of thousands) it is small...

I think we are way too early into the vaccinations to be drawing conclusions either way - although there are positive signs. I’m waiting as long as I can, just because I am not at-risk, and can hopefully wait it out, but if after a year it seems safe and effective I will probably get it.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

What is Washington State doing that the rest of the World isn't?
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Skirtcafe users should be advised that EpochTimes is a highly biased, right wing publication.

Take it as you wish...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

The Epoch Times is a far-right[12] international multi-language newspaper and media company affiliated with the Falun Gong new religious movement.

The Epoch Times has promoted an array of pro-Donald Trump conspiracy theories[65][66] and is known as one of Trump's closest media allies and defenders.[66][22] The paper has financially benefited from its promotion of Trump conspiracies, increasing its revenue nearly fourfold during the first three years of Trump's administration (from $3.9 million in 2016 to $15.5 million in 2019) as it catered to Trump's most ardent supporters, to whom the paper marketed itself via targeted social media advertising.[67] The publication championed Trump's Spygate conspiracy theory in its news coverage and advertising, and the Epoch Media Group's Edge of Wonder videos on YouTube have spread the far-right, pro-Trump QAnon conspiracy theory,[18] and embraced false "QAnon" claims.[68] An NBC News report found that two of Edge of Wonder's hosts have been a creative director and chief photo editor at The Epoch Times respectively. The newspaper promoted Edge of Wonder videos in dozens of Facebook posts through 2019.[18]

They lost me at Q-anon...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Wow! I never expected the vaccines to be so effective. 0.01% positive is amazing. I don't expect it to last, but we can hope.

Please, everyone, get your vaccines as soon as you can and we may get this pandemic licked.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

And -- ignore the alt-right BS.

I didn't need to read the verifying bits about the "publication" being alt-right, it was handily encoded into the text for all to recognise. Look for it, use your brain, and make a decision whether the rest of it was worth reading.

First off, no vaccine is 100%, and if somebody is marketing it as 100% I'll call BS on the matter. So 100 people out of a batch of what must be in the hundreds of thousands by now doesn't surprise me in the least. The "article" also conveniently fails to mention the number of those who have received vaccinations.

Vaccines work. Full stop. The various dual-dose vaccines can have side-effects, but these are minor compared to a case of the full-blown disease. Anecdotally, the second round produces more powerful side-effects than the first -- and those are milder than the actual disease.

So, if you want to believe in the alt-right BS and not get vaccinated or adhere to the public health protocols -- fine. Just do not get within 50 yards of me.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

The vaccines were never claimed to be 100% effective and the numbers of side effects/deaths after vaccination are really small considering the numbers involved in the vaccination programme. The claimed levels of effectiveness would allow for a much larger number of patients with problems. Such articles are using scaremongering tactics to curtail vaccinations. European countries have fallen for rumours about the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine, are reluctant to use it yet don't appear to want anyone else to have it! We have successfully ( so far ) used the AZ/O vaccine on millions. The alternatives to being vaccinated range from no symptoms, mild symptoms to severe hospitalisation or death. Since I want to live a good few more years of my ( semi- ) retirement and I am often sceptical of the science but in this case the decision is not difficult for me. But we all have our own perceptions of risk and I respect your reluctance UA and understand your wanting to wait and let events roll out some more.

Ironically, I'm suffering from a cold that my grand-daughter brought into the house. It's not too bad - bit of a sore throat, some catarrh and a bit of a niggly cough. I start work next week after furlough and work has some of them lateral flow tests so I may take one just to reassure myself. I've had the first of two jabs and am due the second one in early May.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:29 am didn't need to read the verifying bits about the "publication" being alt-right, it was handily encoded into the text for all to recognise. Look for it, use your brain, and make a decision whether the rest of it was worth reading.
I saw an advertisement for their publication a sometime last year over the TV (I forget where), when they used the phrase "left wing agenda" in their pitch I knew then what they were peddling.

I also initially missed the jab at "Communist Chinese Virus". That does it for me. Any article that starts with "Chinese virus"... I'll read no further. I'm not interested in racist bullsh!t. Just give me the facts, I don't need the embellishments.

To "news" outlets I say, "just tell me what's going on, I'll decide how I feel about it".
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Sinned wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:58 am But we all have our own perceptions of risk and I respect your reluctance UA and understand your wanting to wait and let events roll out some more.
Just remember, in the U.S. these exact same vaccines were heralded as the savior to mankind by the center/right five short months ago, recall these vaccines were developed during 45's administration.

Now they are being rolled out by 46 and suddenly "they don't work".

Mmmhmm... :roll:

In another universe 45 is still king and I'd bet the "Enoch-times" is singing a different tune.

Jesus... I'm just so sick of it. I thought I finished kindergarten in the mid 1980s... It's time for everyone to grow the hell up.
-Andrea
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I don't care "whose side" someone is on....

Just... enough... okay?
-Andrea
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Uncle Al wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:19 am As far as I'm concerned, too me - the vaccine hasn't been proven safe enough yet for me
to get "The Shot/s". I do qualify as a high-risk category senior, but I'll wait.
Hi Al
I agree that you are absolutely entitled to your freedom of choice.
However' a thought springs to my mind and it is this which, with respect, you may wish to consider?

"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone."
Pablo Picasso
Steve.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Sinned wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:58 am European countries have fallen for rumours about the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine, are reluctant to use it yet don't appear to want anyone else to have it!
The problem being of course there are barely any Oxford/AZ vaccines to be had. As it is exactly one shipment has been blocked.

As for whether it's a rumour or not, time will tell. Something unusual is going on, that's for sure.
Sinned wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:58 am We have successfully ( so far ) used the AZ/O vaccine on millions.
But reportedly not on young people. I can't find any statistics from the UK government about what vaccines have been given to who. In any case, AZ vaccines only make up less than one in seven of the vaccinations so it's not that big a deal if we just give them to old people.

The future is Pfizer anyway. AZ should get out of the vaccine business.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Two points.

1. The vaccine against the RRA* SARS2 Virus takes about 2 to 3 weeks to generate enough antibodies to combat the virus. It’s quite possible that in that time, a vaccinated individual could come in contact with someone who has the virus, and be infected. That does not mean the vaccine is ineffective.

2. The vaccine works. Look at the statistics in the UK. We have given the first vaccination to around 50% of the population, and our daily deaths are in double figures. It works.

* RRA = Republican Rightwing @rsehole virus. Well, if UA can use or quote a pejorative phrase such as CCV, it’s clear that the bar has been set low.

Tell you what, Al. Drop the political crap and I’ll drop the silly acronyms. It’s better for all. Will you agree to this? We just don’t need your political digs.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

In this sainted banana republic of ours the population tops out at just 4.6 mi. Of these, considerably fewer than 1mi. have been vaccinated to date. Roll-out is age-related and at age 79 I had my first jab just 1 week go, the second coming in three weeks time. The lady Dr asked me which arm I preferred, to which I replied 'the right'. She gently placed both her hands on my upper right arm and announced that 'it' was all done and dusted. Zero sensation, zero soreness, zero reaction.
MOH at age 74 is due hers next week, but at this rate I fear we will all be overtaken by these new variants which look like they'll deny us freedom for the foreseeable. We may not travel more than 20-odd Km and that restriction has been extended indefinitely. So much for our planned post-Easter trip to Kerry (300+Km),or anywhere else, for that matter.

Twice in the last two days the Cops stopped me just off the slip road from J. 9 on the M7 in Naas. Question: 'Where do you live?, answer: a few miles away and I work just yards from here'. Just doing their job, I suppose, but it smacks of a police state.

The first lock-down here was imposed on March 15th last year while we were away in Kerry. Return home from far-flung regions was of course permitted, but since then we have only had a Summer 'Staycation' window last year and who would have conceived that we'd still be locked down a year later?

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Kirbstone wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:53 pm In this sainted banana republic of ours the population tops out at just 4.6 mi. Of these, considerably fewer than 1mi. have been vaccinated to date. Roll-out is age-related and at age 79 I had my first jab just 1 week go, the second coming in three weeks time. The lady Dr asked me which arm I preferred, to which I replied 'the right'. She gently placed both her hands on my upper right arm and announced that 'it' was all done and dusted. Zero sensation, zero soreness, zero reaction.
MOH at age 74 is due hers next week, but at this rate I fear we will all be overtaken by these new variants which look like they'll deny us freedom for the foreseeable. We may not travel more than 20-odd Km and that restriction has been extended indefinitely. So much for our planned post-Easter trip to Kerry (300+Km),or anywhere else, for that matter.

Twice in the last two days the Cops stopped me just off the slip road from J. 9 on the M7 in Naas. Question: 'Where do you live?, answer: a few miles away and I work just yards from here'. Just doing their job, I suppose, but it smacks of a police state.

The first lock-down here was imposed on March 15th last year while we were away in Kerry. Return home from far-flung regions was of course permitted, but since then we have only had a Summer 'Staycation' window last year and who would have conceived that we'd still be locked down a year later?

Tom
My age (79 too) have had both shots - first one was a non-event - the needle smaller than the diabetes horse needle - had to ask the nurse did you actually inject me with anything something ?
Now as for the 2nd shot - fine for the first day - the day after mild soreness and then intense CHILLS - put on my parka and jumped into bed with a comforter and sweat it out something on the order of a Norwegian sauna ! LOL !
Continued soreness subsiding over the next few days and now well pass the 14 day final shot window.
So now I have my vaccination shot passport card to roam about the infected public areas WHILE WEARING A MASK - all while waiting for herd immunity to outnumber the DT political naysayers !

About FLU shots - never have had one and don't plan to - "If the system ain't broken - don't mess with trying to fix it stupid" !

Kirbstone - have spent the last year in self imposed quarantine avoiding any potential contact - later night trips to the grocery store for food supplies and that is pretty much it - - -
BUT certainly NOT like in your sainted banana republic with road block checks - zonal traffic restrictions - something only the Russkies would or might do ! LOL !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !