Covid 19

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Covid 19

Post by crfriend »

Indeed, and I realised earlier this evening that my premise of the Third Shooter was indeed erroneous as there were four required to bring the thing off as postulated.

Bonus points to anyone who can identify the "Second Shooter" in the official documentation.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Gusto10 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:34 am As to the figures in the Netherlands, deaths where covid was a factor, but e.g. a heart attack was the actual cause, it was contributed to the covid as the registration system of the RIVM couldn't cope with more than one cause. There was an article thereon in the NRC if I'm not mistaken.
I was talking about excess deaths. The "deaths due to covid" figure has always been bunk, which is why it doesn't appear on our corona dashboard. It's not an objective measurement and so should be ignored. Excess deaths by age-group is an objective measurement, though obviously quite delayed.

As for your point about insurance I still don't understand.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

rode_kater wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:07 am
Gusto10 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:34 am As to the figures in the Netherlands, deaths where covid was a factor, but e.g. a heart attack was the actual cause, it was contributed to the covid as the registration system of the RIVM couldn't cope with more than one cause. There was an article thereon in the NRC if I'm not mistaken.
I was talking about excess deaths. The "deaths due to covid" figure has always been bunk, which is why it doesn't appear on our corona dashboard. It's not an objective measurement and so should be ignored. Excess deaths by age-group is an objective measurement, though obviously quite delayed.

As for your point about insurance I still don't understand.
I'll reply per PM
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

crfriend wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:06 pm Indeed, and I realised earlier this evening that my premise of the Third Shooter was indeed erroneous as there were four required to bring the thing off as postulated.

Bonus points to anyone who can identify the "Second Shooter" in the official documentation.
I take it you haven't seen the Discovery documentary. According to that documentary there would have been witnesses which heard not two but three shots from various directions. And as I tend to work with full evidence, not as in the US circumstantial evidence, I'll leave it to the people in the US to figure out for themselves which hypothesis is correct.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Gusto10 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:20 amI take it you haven't seen the Discovery documentary.
You didn't name the second shooter. It's well known and in the history books.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

crfriend wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:34 am
Gusto10 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:20 amI take it you haven't seen the Discovery documentary.
You didn't name the second shooter. It's well known and in the history books.
stop this foolishness.
As this thread has been viewed at this moment almost 5600 times, it seems to me that it has importance to many, thus there is no place for stupid games.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Gusto10 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:51 amstop this foolishness.
Yes, please do.

From the Surgeon General's recent Public Health Advisory, and I quote:
I am urging all Americans to help slow the spread of health misinformation during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. Health misinformation is a serious threat to public health. It can cause confusion, sow mistrust, harm people’s health, and undermine public health efforts. Limiting the spread of health misinformation is a moral and civic imperative that will require a whole-of-society effort.
End of story.

You are making foolish assumptions about my background at best, and using wild speculation at worst. Yes, please let's stop, for the good of those around us.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

crfriend wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:13 pm
Gusto10 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:51 amstop this foolishness.
Yes, please do.

From the Surgeon General's recent Public Health Advisory, and I quote:
I am urging all Americans to help slow the spread of health misinformation during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. Health misinformation is a serious threat to public health. It can cause confusion, sow mistrust, harm people’s health, and undermine public health efforts. Limiting the spread of health misinformation is a moral and civic imperative that will require a whole-of-society effort.
End of story.

You are making foolish assumptions about my background at best, and using wild speculation at worst. Yes, please let's stop, for the good of those around us.
So we agree on the fact that mis information is not appropriate, with the additional remark that proper information is not limited to political correct information.

I shan't react to the sentence on foolish assumptions, I could retaliate such. May I refer to the rules subscribed explicit by you on conflict resolution, by first using PM's etc.?

Back to the shooter(s) on capitol hill, there is an interesting link via the underlying question which will not be answered in relation to the shooting, being the basic questions why, who and how. In relation to the shooters who initiated it, why, etc.
Same as to the covid, who initiated it, why and how. Questions which ought to be posed and especially in the light of virusses like SARS and MERS which did escape from labs, same as which one could retrieve from I do think creditable documents, HIV and Polio. If you disagree, tell me motivated why via a PM.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

CrF, First of all, thank you for unlocking this thread.

For all, CrF and I have done a virtual handshake and concluded that we do share comparable thoughts on issues in the world.

As to how further with this thread, a thought just popped up, I hope that we can discuss the covid problem further, realising that we won't be able to solve it. But I do hope that those with a medical background will forward their thoughts also, thus we all may get a better understanding of this problem. The good thing is that we are, the united skirt wearers, a community. A community with freedom of balls and speech and where the attitude of facebook, another opinion than generally accepted, isn't relevant. I hope that we will be able to discuss the pro's and con's motivated properly in the future.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Is this how things are in Australia?
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CRVbLyxnLQ1/
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Just now on Franceinfo - French state owned press - the following article:
https://www.francetvinfo.fr/replay-radi ... 90221.html
It concerns the effectivity of vaccins , being never 100%. most interesting is the sentence: Les vaccins contre le Covid-19, quel que soit le laboratoire, n'ont jamais prétendu être efficaces à 100% => The vaccins against covid 19, which probably escaped from the lab, never pretended to be 100% effective. Either the French know more as they were involved in an earlier stage or the editor reached a conclusion in a to early stage. We shall see.
Last edited by Gusto10 on Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

The assertion that no vaccine can be 100% effective is the plain truth, and anybody that warrants that any drug is 100% effective is categorically lying and not to be trusted at all.

And, at this point in time, even if the thing dig escape a lab it's with us now "in the wild" and needs to be dealt with. Just like climate change and a shed-load of other problems. The important thing is not to cloud the picture so society can stay focused on what it needs to do before we wind up with a really lethal mutation of this thing. That was the crux of the Surgeon General's plea, "Please don't muddy the waters."
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

One which I do consider as a specimen of misinformation:
https://thetruedefender.com/terrifying- ... axx-fears/

for reason, that cancer can kill within a very short timespan. Thus it has invalidated itself.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Gusto10 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:57 pmfor reason, that cancer can kill within a very short timespan. Thus it has invalidated itself.
But what happens if you've not had the jab, and were already leery or outright frightened about the idea? What would the impact of that article be?

If there were serious problems with the vaccine, we'd know it by now, and the signals would not be from the mass media they'd be from medical journals and the like that most folks don't read. Scientists -- and especially doctors -- talk and write, a lot. Review happens, and they have access to the best statistical tools going because that's sometimes the only way to gauge how something is going.

If the mainstream media is suppressing something, I don't see the signal. Too, the more sensational a headline is, the more likely it's a fake -- and I suspect you'll agree with me that the flags of a fake are all present on the "Five Jet Blue Pilots are Dead" story.

For what it's worth, and with the Surgeon General's Advisory fresh in my mind, the reason I did not step hard on this thread earlier is because I was fully aware of the backlash it would have caused -- cries of "Censorship!" and howls of "NAZI !" (none of which I am, by the way) which is why I approached it the ay I did. Stuff needs to be out in the open, "In the bright light of day" as it's sometimes said.

All of the above having been said, I'm pleased to know that there is indeed more that unites us than divides us. Blind partisanship and division is no way forward for a civilisation -- and that's another problem that's facing humanity at the moment, not simply the terrors of the physical world.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Frankly, I don’t care where the vaccine came from. It’s here and we have to deal with it.

Taking the vaccine has consequences.

Not taking the vaccine has consequences.

I took the vaccine as I preferred the consequences of doing so - not only for me, but for those around me.

I do think that those who have takin the vaccine should be given priority (on hospital admissions) over those who have not voluntarily taken the vaccine (medical reasons notwithstanding). While one has to respect the decision of those who don’t get vaccinated, they in turn have to accept the consequences of their actions.