Covid 19

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Covid 19

Post by Gusto10 »

Freedomforall wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:17 pm
moonshadow wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:30 pm What can I prove? I'm just a measly piss-ass crossdressing nobody that even the crazies ignore... I can't even get an answer from the local governing body regarding a permitting matter.

Nobody pays attention when I walk in the room.

I just know I currently live in a world where everyone demands I accept that 2+2=5. And I am terrified to see what is behind the doors of the "ministry of truth".

And no I'm not backing Donald Trump. He's one of them, because if he wasn't they would have dealt with him the same way they dealt with Kennedy.
Moon I agree with you fully. The only proof that I know of is that our own government has admitted experimenting on it's citizens. All on has to do is look at our treatment of Native Americans, The Tuskegee Airmen (this secret was kept for decades!), Fluoride in our water, CIA experiments at Harvard. etc.

Trusting the government is foolish at best in my opinion.
The CIA did some experiments is France also. In Pont St Esprit they had a baker bake bread with flour to which LSD was added in Switzerland. Several inhabitants of Pont St Esprit jumped of bridges and towers.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

crfriend wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:41 pm
Gusto10 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:57 pmMy guess, the resoning behind it was: "we can thus we will". The gain-of-function was prohibited but virologists pushed to get permission to be able to do so.
If that is the case then we're dealing with madmen who need to be sought out and removed from the population as a danger to humanity.
The most interesting part is that 3 investigators sent to China by the WHO were earlier involved with experiments on virusses and worked thereon also in Wuhan. So how neutral were they?
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Gusto10 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:14 amThe most interesting part is that 3 investigators sent to China by the WHO were earlier involved with experiments on virusses and worked thereon also in Wuhan. So how neutral were they?
Yes, and there were repeated allegations of "researchers" from some of the New England "institutions of higher learning" (who have a very poor track-record when it comes to ethics) in the mix as well. However, that is an allegation and not proof. Until incontrovertible evidence is found for human origin of the SARS-CoV-2 pathogen it would be wise to recall the wise dictum of, "Never blame on malice that which can be explained by accident or stupidity."

In short, Enough conspiracy theory.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

crfriend wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:00 pm
Gusto10 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:14 amThe most interesting part is that 3 investigators sent to China by the WHO were earlier involved with experiments on virusses and worked thereon also in Wuhan. So how neutral were they?
Yes, and there were repeated allegations of "researchers" from some of the New England "institutions of higher learning" (who have a very poor track-record when it comes to ethics) in the mix as well. However, that is an allegation and not proof. Until incontrovertible evidence is found for human origin of the SARS-CoV-2 pathogen it would be wise to recall the wise dictum of, "Never blame on malice that which can be explained by accident or stupidity."

In short, Enough conspiracy theory.
I do think we should be open minded at all times. Neither of the alternatives concerning the origin is proven.
Not only "New England" researchers, but also a Dutch and Danish researcher have been working in Wuhan on virus previously.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Well, last Friday came and went, and at the appointed time I received my second SARS-CoV-2 jab. I'd been warned by the chap who administered it, "If you have plans for tomorrow, consider having a backup." He was right.

Friday passed without incident, but I awoke on Saturday with a fever of 101.3 and the chills. 101 is highly anomalous for me as my normal floats at about 97.5 and is getting close to the problematic point of 4 or 5 above normal. Lots of water, a couple of aspirin to knock the fever down, and more water. I crawled out of bed around 09:00, puttered about the flat doing my laundry and other chores, went to see a pal to the north, thence home to read [1] for a bit and an early bedtime. I was in bed by 18:45, long before the sun went down ,and likely asleep a bit after 19:00.

I awoke Sunday around 09:00 with a slightly elevated temperature of about 99 (which is slightly above the top of my "normal" band), so more water, a couple more aspirin, more water, and simply taking it easy. I'll be heading out in a while to take lunch at my local, and will likely also pick something else up for dinner, and currently plan of getting another early night in.

I anticipate full normal function tomorrow.

[1] My northern pal, who is vastly better read than I, save for technical works, lent me R.H. Dana's work Two Years Before the Mast which I'm going through slowly and methodically trying to learn as much from it as possible.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Car;, which vaccine was it? My wife and I had the Oxford/Astra Zeneca one and we never felt a thing! Neither the jab itself or any symptoms/side effects apart from the purple hair growing on the backs of our hands and arms. :lol:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:39 pm Car;, which vaccine was it? My wife and I had the Oxford/Astra Zeneca one and we never felt a thing! Neither the jab itself or any symptoms/side effects apart from the purple hair growing on the backs of our hands and arms. :lol:
'Twas the Moderna. The side-effects fell into line with some of the other stories I've heard so I was not surprised in the least.

The jab was entirely painless, and the administrator -- an EMT from Southborough (a town to my south) -- was entirely professional an cordial. All in all, I've been highly impressed with the professionalism displayed during this whole fiasco at the town level, and have been pleasantly surprised with not just that but also the level of cordiality displayed (although some of that may have been a reflection of mine).
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

So... dumb question here Carl,

Did you wear a skirt for your jab appointment?
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:53 pmSo... dumb question here Carl,
There is no such thing as a dumb question -- only the bad result of a question never asked that needed to be.
Did you wear a skirt for your jab appointment?
Better -- I wore my mini-dress. It's precisely the only garment I own that has short sleeves to it.

Both times, actually.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Latest development:
EcoHealth Alliance, which was given $39 million from the Pentagon between 2013 and 2020, has also provided funding to the Wuhan lab for its coronavirus research over the years.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/22/ecohealth ... ins-probe/
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I will ask again what the point was in developing this particular pathogen. It's not useful as a weapon; it's too slow and insufficiently lethal. Sure, it can cause economic damage, but that can also happen to one's own country in addition to others -- and there are better ways of doing that.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

crfriend wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:41 pm -- and there are better ways of doing that.
Hence the reason government intelligence is an oxymoron. It would not be the first time a government did something inefficiently.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

I don’t see it as being intentionally released or developed for this specific purpose - but I can envision a scenario where experimentation on a virus and it’s subsequent accidental exposure/leak from a lab is possible.

I try to force a reality check on myself though - there are many sicknesses and diseases we have no cure for - we barely understand how the immune system works - and yet are somehow smart enough to engineer a virus to wreck widespread havoc in the most “perfect” way possible?
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

crfriend wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:41 pm I will ask again what the point was in developing this particular pathogen. It's not useful as a weapon; it's too slow and insufficiently lethal. Sure, it can cause economic damage, but that can also happen to one's own country in addition to others -- and there are better ways of doing that.
The intention as I read in amongst others the FT was to finds vaccins for potential pandemic causing virusses. In firss instance such was done in the US but stopped in 2014. Daszak than arragend finances with the consent of Fauci so Dr Shi, pupil of Daszak, could continu with the research in Wuhanm financed by the US, amongst others the Pentagon, Pfizer and Johnson&Johnson. It's seen as a gain function. New virusses were created, but no vaccins to counter such were found. The present vaccins were not tested on animals, test carried out did not have a positive result, as is customary. These third stage of trials are now conducted on humans, which is not in line with the Nurenberg convention.
Daszak, Koopmans and the Danish team member all worked previously in Wuhan Institute for Virology. Daszak is now the forst to be routed out of the WHO team.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Gusto10 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:26 pm The present vaccins were not tested on animals, test carried out did not have a positive result, as is customary. These third stage of trials are now conducted on humans, which is not in line with the Nurenberg convention.
I had not heard this particular lie before, but it's not true.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checkin ... 9792931264

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/fact ... 162426001/
Coronavirus vaccine manufacturers tested their shots on rabbits, mice, rats, hamsters and primates, according to Food and Drug Administration documents.

There is no evidence to suggest all the animals in those pre-clinical trials died as a result of the coronavirus vaccines. If that did happen, human trials would have been halted, reported Full Fact, a fact-checking charity in the United Kingdom.
The amount of ******** going around these days is getting ridiculous. Besides the fact the mRNA vaccines are hardly new technology, they've been studied for years..