Covid 19

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Covid 19

Post by Sinned »

My wife and I had the second dose of the Astra/Oxford vaccine yesterday morning. I never even felt the needle go in. So far no reaction whatsoever. No soreness in the arm, no headaches, no reaction at all. Very much an anticlimax.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Jab no. one was done by slight of hand with absolutely zero feeling or sensation whatsoever. After 4 weeks, Jab no. two I felt....just. In neither case was there any soreness or after-effect. As Dennis said.. a bit of an anticlimax. The stuff they gave me was Comirnaty (Pfizer/BioNTech) vaccine. [Grown locally in our rain forests, felled, floated down the Shannon, logged, milled, emulsified, sawdust strained out, bottled, refrigerated and flogged openly on the black market of course :? ]

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Pete07

Post by Pete07 »

I will be getting my first jab on Wednesday. Can't wait!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

One Covid-related death reported today. For the whole UK.

Lockdown, distancing, masks and vaccines are working. Positive news.

I’m hopeful that mainland Europe can catch up soon so that travel will once again be possible. The USA’s vaccination programme is also looking really good after a slow start. Keep it up!
pleated
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pleated »

Had my second Pfizer BioNTech vaccine on Saturday. Only side effect was some soreness in my upper arm from about twelve hours afterwards, but this was gone about eighteen hours later.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by Ray » Mon May 03, 2021 3:55 pm

I’m hopeful that mainland Europe can catch up soon so that travel will once again be possible. The USA’s vaccination programme is also looking really good after a slow start. Keep it up!
I'm not sure I'd call 54,000 new cases in the US yesterday good news; nor the situations in India, Argentina, Brazil.... Yes, the US has made some progress on vaccines getting out -- it only took a change of Administrations to do that! But the true believers in myth, hoax, nonsense and conspiracy theories along with massive amounts of misinformation promulgated by right wing social media adherents does not bode well.

It is interesting to look at Africa, a place we tend to think of as 'backward' or at least known as under served in the medical arena, and yet they have outshined much of the world with simple adherence to simple and common sense behaviors. Attached, a light weight article, but enlightening. Would it be such simple intelligence existed in the US and at the helms of so many conservative governments including Boris.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-5 ... app1&hl=en
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Faldaguy wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:45 am
by Ray » Mon May 03, 2021 3:55 pm

I'm not sure I'd call 54,000 new cases in the US yesterday good news; nor the situations in India, Argentina, Brazil.... Yes, the US has made some progress on vaccines getting out -- it only took a change of Administrations to do that! But the true believers in myth, hoax, nonsense and conspiracy theories along with massive amounts of misinformation promulgated by right wing social media adherents does not bode well.

It is interesting to look at Africa, a place we tend to think of as 'backward' or at least known as under served in the medical arena, and yet they have outshined much of the world with simple adherence to simple and common sense behaviors. Attached, a light weight article, but enlightening. Would it be such simple intelligence existed in the US and at the helms of so many conservative governments including Boris.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-5 ... app1&hl=en
Please don’t make me stick up for the previous administration’s covid policies, but they did allow and encourage the current vaccines - so to say they did nothing to get vaccines out there is not entirely accurate. We also don’t know how much of the current rollout is their plan vs the current administrations.

And progress is slow - our state was on the upswing, but cases have appeared to have plateaued and are on the downswing - for how long who knows. But with the new variants - no one know’s what’s going to happen in the coming months.

And look at points number 3 & 4 from the article you linked to - a younger population will have far fewer deaths, I’m sure a major contributing factor, along with favorable or unfavorable climate conditions.

I’m just sick and tired of the crap that gets thrown at the US and other western cultures. People here can be stupid, and often our politicians are infuriating. But I don’t buy it for a minute that we are the only purveyors of myth, conspiracy theories, and misinformation - our societies just have the freedom to spread those unchecked by the government. It’s a conundrum for sure - but I’d take that freedom every day if given the choice over centrally controlled thought.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by Coder » Mon May 03, 2021 9:02 pm

Please don’t make me stick up for the previous administration’s covid policies, but they did allow and encourage the current vaccines - so to say they did nothing to get vaccines out there is not entirely accurate. We also don’t know how much of the current rollout is their plan vs the current administrations.

And progress is slow - our state was on the upswing, but cases have appeared to have plateaued and are on the downswing - for how long who knows. But with the new variants - no one know’s what’s going to happen in the coming months.

And look at points number 3 & 4 from the article you linked to - a younger population will have far fewer deaths, I’m sure a major contributing factor, along with favorable or unfavorable climate conditions.

I’m just sick and tired of the crap that gets thrown at the US and other western cultures. People here can be stupid, and often our politicians are infuriating. But I don’t buy it for a minute that we are the only purveyors of myth, conspiracy theories, and misinformation - our societies just have the freedom to spread those unchecked by the government. It’s a conundrum for sure - but I’d take that freedom every day if given the choice over centrally controlled thought.
I'd not ask anybody to stick up for the previous administration. As they say, "It is an ill wind that blows no good." so indeed some things of value always come forth from any of them; however, to say "allow & encourage the current vaccines" diminishes the fact that much of the development was profit motive driven from sweetheart deals that served a number of the folks that were pulling the strings and offering the handouts -- but yes, it got done. The record seems to suggest that the delivery plan was abysmally shabby and missing. None of that matters at this point...as we still have the hounds of Q Anon and the like on our heels.

Indeed Africa has a much younger population and to date that has served them well, but with the new variants hitting youth, even the resilience of youth may not pull them through this round. My point was they, along with a number of other nations weather by choice or compunction followed simple health-safety protocols and came out vastly better than the US and some others that were more recalcitrant and insisted upon their "individual" freedoms.

I agree that having some freedom to follow such inanities is commendable to a degree; but sadly the US is far far from as free as it perceives itself to be. Yes, there are many countries were freedoms are vastly more restricted -- but many that are more open than the US. Freedom of the press, for example, in the US is ranked 44th. in the latest Reporters without Borders rankings.* And I suspect it is gonna hit another low on the next report. I grew up in the US, have degrees from US institutions, and had brainwashing from 5 years in the military before I was ever out of the country on my own nickel and began to discover a lot of what I was told about the land of gold, glory, and freedom was "false news"! Indeed the US has much to be proud of and lots of good people -- but much of the fable is built on poetic license. Are there fables elsewhere -- SURE, but that does not excuse us, or them.

https://rsf.org/en/ranking_table
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Just had my second jab (Astra-Zeneca) today on my birthday today so it was an extra present!
Dressed in black tights, 17" beige/gold cargo miniskirt and my "I survived 2020" T-shirt, - but as usual nobody bothered or seemed to notice.
One auld codger had a long downward look when I was walking back to the car but didn't say anything.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU SKIRTINGTODAY

:hb: :hb: :hb: :hb: :hb:
:thewave: :thewave:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Last night my wife and I went out to a Chinese buffet restaurant to celebrate two weeks since our second COVID shots. This was our first time eating in a restaurant inside since mid-March last year. We don't eat out often, but usually do for my wife's birthday and our anniversary, so this also was a re-celebration of those days.

I dressed up (for me) for the occasion.
skirtsuit_5-5-21cs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Wow, Jim, love the colour. You would certainly stand out in that but with your full beard you couldn't be mistaken for a woman. Looking good.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

some interesting articles:
https://nicholaswade.medium.com/origin- ... f03564c038
https://thebulletin.org/2021/05/the-ori ... -at-wuhan/

If you follow the links, all medical documents, the impression arrises that covid was created by the Chinees with American money. I'll leave each to his/her own conclusions.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Gusto10 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:32 pmIf you follow the links, all medical documents, the impression arrises that covid was created by the Chinees with American money. I'll leave each to his/her own conclusions.
And what would the motive have been -- especially as biological weapons are widely reviled the world over? It doesn't make sense -- because your own population is as likely to get it as anyone else's.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

crfriend wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:58 pm
Gusto10 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:32 pmIf you follow the links, all medical documents, the impression arrises that covid was created by the Chinees with American money. I'll leave each to his/her own conclusions.
And what would the motive have been -- especially as biological weapons are widely reviled the world over? It doesn't make sense -- because your own population is as likely to get it as anyone else's.
I believe that was the idea all along.....
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.