Covid 19

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Covid 19

Post by crfriend »

geron wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:41 pmSo in English it becomes viruses, in the ordinary way ;-)
I stand corrected.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Got my first covid shot today (Pfizer) . Arm hurts when I raise it... but I feel normal otherwise... let's see how I roll in the AM.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

moonshadow wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:55 am Got my first covid shot today (Pfizer) . Arm hurts when I raise it... but I feel normal otherwise... let's see how I roll in the AM.
You'll be okay it wears off by morning.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

JennC03 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:14 am
moonshadow wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:55 am Got my first covid shot today (Pfizer) . Arm hurts when I raise it... but I feel normal otherwise... let's see how I roll in the AM.
You'll be okay it wears off by morning.
I hope so... it sure is a-hurtin' tonight!

That's good though... I guess that means it's working.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Neither my wife or I felt much. A little soreness a day or two after. After that, nothing. Certainly not such a reaction as yours. Hope it does go quickly.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

After a long delay (in my opinion) I got the call to attend yesterday afternoon. At the appointed time I was required to bare my right upper arm and the kind lady Dr, having gently touched it announced that 'It' was all done & dusted, told me that my 2nd dose would be in exactly four weeks. I was required to sit for 15 minutes and then I was on my way. No noticeable effects whatever or soreness.

But looking objectively at my old arm she might as well have stuck her needle into a gnarled old oak tree!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

Anecdotal evidence from around here suggests that some people are getting symptoms (arm ache or whatever) on either the first or second shot, but not both. We're booked for our second next Friday. Forearmed, you might say.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well, still no cold or flu like symptoms, my arm still hurts but it I believe it has plateaued, it's not gotten any worse.

I just feels like I got punched in the arm.

Ah, this too shall pass.

They tell me the second shot is the doosie.

It just wrestled a planetary on a 60 qt mixer thrice with no major agony.... so it's not too bad.
-Andrea
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:49 pmIt just wrestled a planetary on a 60 qt mixer thrice with no major agony.... so it's not too bad.
So, in the world of field service, you're still doing well. Bravo!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

2nd Pfizer for both of us yesterday; no notice at all for either. Did get a couple looks from a few of the kids with grandparents for my skirt -- most attention I've had in ages! :D
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Woke up this morning, arm pain is 80% gone. Really only one motion still hurts, a flex I seldom have a need for anyway (raising my left hand over my head and touching my right shoulder)

I'd say the muscle pain has diminished to the point of the kind of stiffness where you might have slept on it wrong.

Still no other symptoms, other than being a little tired, but in fairness I've been perpetually sleepy for last two weeks as my body struggles with a really bad allergy season.
-Andrea
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

So Moonshadow no second head has grown yet? :twisted:

John
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

john62 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:31 am So Moonshadow no second head has grown yet? :twisted:

John

Nope, and by Sunday morning all pain and stiffness has stopped.

It's like it never happened! :cheers:
-Andrea
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

France will be going into the 4th lockdown Saturday coming. So all living in cities will have time to "escape" to their second home and thus spread the virus.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well, if the cases continue to rise despite the vaccines... then what? Are we all to live like caged animals for all of eternity?

I'd rather die.

I've spoken to probably hundreds of people who have tested positive over the last 12 months with varying symptoms... for some it really sucked, others showed no symptoms.

Two people of whom I knew have died as a result of covid one picked it up in a rehab facility where he was fighting COPD (he was nearing 90 years old), the other picked it up in a hospital where she was in treatment for stage four cancer, she was in her 80s.

I was l for shutdowns back when it could have made a difference... that ship sailed 13 months ago. It's too far along now, we're going to destroy civilization trying to stamp out this damned bug... and we won't win because covid-19 is here to stay.... forever.

Somethings gotta give.
Last edited by moonshadow on Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Andrea