Patrick's Day greeting

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Patrick's Day greeting

Post by Kirbstone »

Patrick was a Welshman who was abducted over to Hibernia (Ireland) by marauding thieves. He served several years practically as a slave tending pigs and eventually escaped & got back to Wales. He grew up, took Holy Orders and returned to Ireland in AD432 to convert the natives to Christianity, allegedly using a shamrock to explain the three-in-one Trinity to his flock. He succeeded when he won the High Kings over to his side.

In his honour we don't work on March 17th....a Bank Holiday here. This year, as last year it will be a muted affair indeed with zero public festivities and Lockdown in force over the whole country.
Easing of travel restrictions are due to come into force here from April 5th, Easter Monday. However, anticipated revelry tomorrow by disenchanted people may compromise that date. We'll have to wait and see.

Meanwhile, staying within the 5Km zone I can walk my big dogs, who need that twice a day.

I'll still raise a dram to all you contributors to he Forum

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Patrick's Day greeting

Post by crfriend »

Now there's somebody who ''runs with the big dogs"! (And does so stylishly.)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Ah yes good ole St Patty. In the town of Savanna Ga. The river will run green, the beer will be green and the following day most of the holiday makes will be running GREEN. :puker: :puker: :puker:
I however will have worn my green and said Erin love bras for the 100th time by the end of the day. :lol: :lol:

Happy St. Patrick's day to one and all.....
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Happy Saint Paddies's day, let us all enjoy a few Guinness tonight.

I did see a couple wearing green today, and a couple of people around the office were discussing it, including the supply problems of the famous dark ale...
Nobody seen sporting green skirts or kilts though, probably the rain and unseasonable cold put that one to bed.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

6ft3Aussie wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:14 am Happy Saint Paddies's day, let us all enjoy a few Guinness tonight.

I did see a couple wearing green today, and a couple of people around the office were discussing it, including the supply problems of the famous dark ale...
Nobody seen sporting green skirts or kilts though, probably the rain and unseasonable cold put that one to bed.
As I sit in my car while it warms up and clears the windshield (29F, frost), pleated green skirt “kilt”, and socks/boots, hoping I don’t regret the walk to my office from the parking lot. Almost wore green tights but thought that might just be too much, not to mention I don’t think I have a shade that matches this skirt. I also don’t want to overdo it - both my mask and watch are green as well.

I expect not to run into anyone except when I get free donuts, and by then it should be a comfortable 59 outside.
K_Highlander

Post by K_Highlander »

After today's St Patrick's day hike on the Appalachian Trail near Harper's Ferry.
I wore this pre- and post-hike, not really good trail apparel.
Ken
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

well I wore a green fit & flare short dress, green pumps for St Paddys day here..... but no one else was green so I went and changed into a floral tee shirt and a leather skirt.

felt out of place damn it - and I am fairly confident in my own skin.....

Cheers
NZF