A nice gesture...

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

A nice gesture...

Post by moonshadow »

Something positive for off topic...

Went out today to purchase a pressure washer for the deck, and a stop at Pal's Sudden Service to get a little something for lunch... two hot dogs for me, and order of "frenchie fries", and a soda, Jenn got a big Pal with cheese and a Sprite. The total came to around $18.

When we got to the window to pay for it, come to find out the car ahead of us paid for our order!

What a lovely gesture, and so glad to see people are still all about the random acts of kindness and what not...

Of course we paid it forward immediately and paid for the car behind us... :D

Keep the kindness chain going! :cheers:

That just capped off a positive two days off. Nobody bothered me about my clothing. I ran onto a nice [trans]woman out at a pet store on Saturday and had a delightful conversation.

Alas, it wasn't all good. I found out that two old acquaintances of mine, one of my neighbors from Pulaski and the wife of my former [business] landlord (rented the building to me for "Lunar Curiosities) had passed away recently.

I suppose that's just a part of getting older, the older folks you looked up to when your were younger... oh how they depart and leave us to fend for ourselves. Rest in peace old friends! :(

Back into positive territory... Temps in the high 60s today... was able to open the windows and air the place out... scooped the litter boxes Saturday morning and the whole house is smelling just fine!

How's y'alls weekend going? Hope everyone's getting along okay!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A nice gesture...

Post by r.m.anderson »

Often wondered how that worked -
How did the car in front of you know that your bill would be $18 ?
And when it came time to pay how would you know the bill of the folks behind you ?

With a continuous line through a drive-thru it may be possible for the cashiers to
now what the car back of you was pre-ordering and the potential bill.

Now what if the car behind you had a family of 4 - 5 - 6 more and that bill was
going to be 2 -3 times more than your $18 ? Would you be paying that much MORE ?

Terrific gesture - see it often - sort on the spur of the moment.
Wonder how the drive-thru works out the accounting - maybe on an average bill basis -
taking a loss here and there and a gain there and here ?

Now hunker down for another bout of bad weather headed eastbound - - -
A Season of Shakespeare's "Winter of Discontent" !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

r.m.anderson wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:07 am Often wondered how that worked -
And when it came time to pay how would you know the bill of the folks behind you ?

With a continuous line through a drive-thru it may be possible for the cashiers to
now what the car back of you was pre-ordering and the potential bill.

Now what if the car behind you had a family of 4 - 5 - 6 more and that bill was
going to be 2 -3 times more than your $18 ? Would you be paying that much MORE ?

Terrific gesture - see it often - sort on the spur of the moment.
Wonder how the drive-thru works out the accounting - maybe on an average bill basis -
taking a loss here and there and a gain there and here ?

Now hunker down for another bout of bad weather headed eastbound - - -
A Season of Shakespeare's "Winter of Discontent" !

The kindness train works like this:

You ask at the window to pay for the order behind you.They give you the total of the person's order and then you pay for it.Then each car that goes to the window pays it forward by paying for the one behind them.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

r.m.anderson wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:07 am Often wondered how that worked -
I assume the same way I found out about the car behind me, I asked.

The drive through worker told me the car behind me was $8.
r.m.anderson wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:07 am Now what if the car behind you had a family of 4 - 5 - 6 more and that bill was
I would have given $20 towards the next car (since I was already planning to spend almost that amount anyway...)
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Curiosity killed the cat - satisfaction brought it back !
With one less life LOL !

Thanks for explanation !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

A customer of mine at the store found that she hadn't brought enough to pay for what she needed and was going to have to deduct some items from her order. She lived about 45 minutes away from the shop so I said that I would pay the difference and she could either pay me back the next time she was in the shop or pay forward for someone else. As it happened she later dropped a little bag into the shop with the amount in it rounded up a a cake from Betty's of Harrogate - a high end delicatessen and tea shop. Very much the quintessential English tea house. Expensive, naturally, but if you are ever in York or Harrogate then a must do. Not quite in the "appointment required" category but there are often queues outside the shop waiting for a table. I shared the cake with my wife that night.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.