Froze Over

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Froze Over

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:33 pm
moonshadow wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:55 amMaybe Ted Cruz just needed to kill the circuit box for a few days... God knows it probably would have cost a million dollars to heat a home of his size... :P
Cruz is a United States Senator. He suffered no privations whatsoever. (Well, save for poor judgement and a complete dereliction of duty in a time of public need.)
Ah well, you know he's a Deacon with the Church of Trump... he gets a pass from Republican voters, there isn't anything he can do wrong in their eyes...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

UA, Fred, denimini has a point in that you were sot quick to defend an indefensible Republican Senator that you didn't check your facts. Away from the US we tend to have more moderated news coverage ( that includes Australia ). You are so quick to defend Trump despite all that He has done and still maintains that He won the election. If you'll excuse my earthy language, I'll bet that the Republican Senate are sh*tting themselves especially as they had a great opportunity to rid the party of Him. He has them by the short and curlies. He has the opportunity in the next 4 years to decide whether to start His own party in which it has been indicated that He could take over 40% of the Republican vote with Him, or He could take over where He left off and stands a chance of re-election, depending on who the Democrats choose to oppose Him and how well Biden does in the interim. Of course He has to get through the 2024 primaries, but does anyone want to bet against that? If He does start the Trump Fascist Party then He probably won't get elected since He would only have about 25% of the total vote ( although He will still maintain that He has won ) so He will most likely stick with the Republican party. Well they made the decision and they have to deal with the outcome. Of course Trump could still be so mired in lawsuits that He may be too busy to stand. If lawsuits are still in the courts what happens if He gets re-elected? Can He still be taken through the courts as a sitting President? Or do the cases have to go in abeyance until He finishes His possibly second, and last, term? Frankly the whole thing is a mess.

Just for interest, I mainly support our Conservative party but I don't follow them so blindly that I am not above criticising them when it is justified.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

This is to everyone here..........

I'm tired and weary of everyone here, turning a humorous, tongue-in-cheek
'meme', into a political agenda.

I thought that it was funny due to many old ideas that something would happen
when 'hell froze over'. The ironic portion is that the year 2020 WAS a year from
hell. No one could do anything due the fear of contracting Covid-19. The world,
as we know it, was coming to a stand-still. Families couldn't be together.

Humans, for the most part, are not a solitary species. 2020 caused many people
to do unimaginable things. I'm sure there were many suicides because of this.

I, as a caregiver 24/7, have succumbed to spending too much time on the computer.
I go out my front door to check the mailbox daily, or go to get supplies once in every 1 or 2 weeks.
I've probably put 1500 miles on my car in the past year. I have to run the truck monthly, to keep
the battery charged up or put it on my battery charger.

Political pandering between people on Skirt Cafe' is something I don't care about.
That's not what we're here for.

Can we not enjoy humor without creating a blasphemous atmosphere :?:

Uncle Al
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Uncle Al wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:34 pmI'm tired and weary of everyone here, turning a humorous, tongue-in-cheek 'meme', into a political agenda.
[...]

Humans, for the most part, are not a solitary species. 2020 caused many people to do unimaginable things. I'm sure there were many suicides because of this.
I suspect what we're seeing is the very visceral reaction to a world -- quite literally -- of folks who have essentially lost a meaningful percentage of their lives to assorted problems in the past year -- and which persist to this very day. Some of the reasons were unlucky rolls of the dice: everybody knew we were overdue for a new epidemic, and it just happened to hit in 2020. Making matters worse were human factors, and each and every one of us has an absolute right to call out human error where we see it -- in fact it should be demanded of us as responsible members of the societies we live in.

There are a lot of folks out there who have very raw nerves indeed because of what's not just happened to them in the wake of nature, but are also reeling from the human-caused calamities. These are people who's time has been cut short -- time that can never be returned to them. In nature that's one thing; to have it caused by fellow man is something completely different.

One of the first thoughts I had as we descended into the madness of 2020 was precisely the question of, "What is this going to do to the suicide rate?" It was already high because of all of the pressures including multiple existential crises that weigh on folks who are just trying to live their lives in harmony with those around them; what it is now is unknown because there seem to be no numbers available on the matter. This leads me to believe that it's being suppressed, but I have no evidence to back that assertion up. Perhaps it's just a case of "sticking heads in sand".

And, as we have seen, the madness didn't stop with the end of 2020 -- "a year to forget" -- and actually intensified into 2021 with a series of high-profile human-caused calamities that spooked many and angered many, many more and a massive surge in viral infection just adding to the already toxic brew. That anger is justified, and that's what we're witnessing; some just couch it more gracefully than others.
Perhaps that can be the case again when we aren't confronted with so many simultaneous potentially lethal problems.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

2041: Texas residents finally paid off their electric bills from 2021... :P :lol:

You know we love you Al! :mrgreen:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Uncle Al wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:34 pm
Sure, enjoy humor, but blasphemy is speech contemptuous of God. I hope you don't consider criticism of Trump to be blasphemy.