Home made 1 room heater

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Home made 1 room heater

Post by Uncle Al »

FYI -
Flower Pot Heater 2021-02-15.jpg
Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Home made 1 room heater

Post by moonshadow »

I'm far from an expert on thermodynamics, But I've seen this before and don't see how placing a pot over candles can somehow increase the candles heat output.

I imagine what it likely does is concentrate the candle heat under the pot, providing more heat in a smaller area.

I've never tried this [the pot hack], but I do know (from my old Wiccan days) that burning enough candles in a room will heat the room up pretty quickly.

According to a Google search on the approximate BTU output of a candle, around 58 candles would put off enough heat to match a 1500 watt space heater...

That sounds like a lot, but a retirement birthday cake would do it.

At any rate, our house doesn't run on electric heat. The propane heater in the living room keeps the whole house warm even on the coldest nights. We also have a small kerosene heater we use sometimes in the evening (never unattended or while we sleep).
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Just stand over the candles in a voluminous (but fireproof ) skirt to concentrate the heat where it is really needed.

...fan heater!
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

pelmut wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:32 am Just stand over the candles in a voluminous (but fireproof ) skirt to concentrate the heat where it is really needed.
That sounds like it could be dangerous....... :lol: