Test due Server Error

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Test due Server Error

Post by Uncle Al »

TEST :!:

I can't post my warning:

Severe weather is headed eastward.
This is the coldest temps North Texas has had in 25 to 30 years.

Forecast is MORE ICE, and 3-8 inches of snow, with downed power lines.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Test due Server Error

Post by Fred in Skirts »

This is the warning Uncle Al was trying to send out.........
Heads-Up to those south of the Ohio River and East of the Mississippi River.

Get prepared as best as you can. The electric power plants in Texas are not prepared to handle this FREEZEING weather. The generators are freezing up. This is the worst freezing temps in 10 to 30 years.

Our low temp this morning was at 8:00 AM, which yielded 4*F. 2 to 4 inches of snow, on top of .25 to .5 inches of ice IS quite dangerous.

A second round is headed our way in a couple of days. Freezing rain and ice will dominate the area. Another 2-5 inches of snow is expected ON TOP OF THE ICE.

I'm glad I was able to get to the grocery store last Saturday.

I don't have to get out for at least a week.

All schools in North Texas are closed for the next 3 days.

Again KEEP SAFE, STAY WARM if possible. For those with wood burning stoves, get your wood supply near to your door. Don't rely of a fireplace as it sucks more cold air into the house, to go up the flue.

I have extra blankets/quilts to cover my wife in case the power goes out.

I do have gas heat but the igniter is electric. Make sure you have a WORKING carbon monoxide detector. This is for your safety :!:

Uncle Al

"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Thanks Fred :!: :D :bow:

Uncle Al
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

It has been looking quite nasty down there. It's next to nothing compared to the two weeks we just had in Calgary, but they simply don't expect that sort of weather in Texas. I suggest they might want to look into preparing for more extreme weather in future. Climate change can mean colder as well as warmer, and much greater variability.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Temperatures in the Southwest dropped in to the minus numbers last night. In some places in Texas it got down to -27 degrees F. and that my friends is COLD COLD. This is in an area that normally has winter temps around 45 degrees F. My daughter who is currently living in Omaha, Nebraska had temps as low as -24 last night. This cold wave is moving in a Northeast direction and is so large that temperatures in Florida were in the lower 20s in some places.. It has been over 20 years or more since a cold wave this big with temperatures this low has been seen in these parts.

Be prepared for loss of power which brings with it in many cases loss of heat. Stay safe!!!

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.