I have this picture of the train station in York......

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: I have this picture of the train station in York......

Post by Kirbstone »

Dennis,
What a lovely avenue the Lord Mayor's Walk is! And what a splendid row of 'Satsuma' trees as well. Forget the step ladder. Having seen those stately trees you need a special device to get you up there among those branches.......a lorry with hydraulic stabilizing feet and a crane with a cab on top, so when you get in there you can 'steer' it using controls in the little cab, so you can easily get at the choicest fruits. Curiously enough, this gadget is called:...a Cherry Picker!

Tom

P.S. Historically the various railway companies on this island squabbled for some time before agreeing on 5'3". They nearly opted for 5'2" at one point. Anyway they certainly used a size 13 foot rule. Incidentally, an Irish mile is 2240 statute yards, not officially used nowadays, but if you ask an old codger by the roadside and he says a couple o' miles....Be prepared to travel at least three!

T.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Further to the visibility from the Minster tower, There'd be a bit of a problem viewing Western OZ presented by the Mongolian plateau and the Himalayas, so perhaps a more Easterly viewpoint, say Norfolk might suit better. Just thinking...

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Meanwhile back home, having gone totally 'Green' the necessary adjustments need to be explained to visitors.....

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Ahh, that sort of donkey.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Tom, the only two distinctions of Lord Mayor's Walk are that it follows the bar walls on one side and the York St John University at one end of it. And that's it.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.