What were you doing an hour ago?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

What were you doing an hour ago?

Post by moonshadow »

Sometimes, my mind wanders and I wonder what other people I know are doing. And I mean, insignificant mundane things, nothing particularly important.

I started to ask "what are you doing right now?" But the obvious answer is, "reading my post on skirtcafe", so I thought I'd shake it up and pose the question, "what were you doing exactly 60 minutes ago?"

I'll go first, I was eating dinner with Jenn while watching TV. Dinner was Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables and a roll. Sweet tea for a beverage.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What were you doing an hour ago?

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I was sitting in my living room watching Texas Game Wardens on the TV, and thinking about what I need to do tomorrow.
So really not much.. :lol:

Edited to fix typo....
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

An hour ago? I was looking out the window wondering if I'm going to be able to dig myself out of what's descending from the sky at the moment, and beyond that working out whether my latest excursion into retro-computing is going to bear fruit or whether I need to review the design spec to see if I should just stop looking for another 4 KB of mainstore.

A memory-sweep of the first few MB of address space seems to have turned up all that there is to see, and from that I can clearly see the 8KB of ROM, 4 KB of RAM, and 2K of NVRAM (Electrically-Eraseable Random Accessable Memory, formally, but a "Non-Volatile RAM" that doesn't lose its contents when the power quits). The IC (Integrated Circuit) part numbers yield an MC86008 processor but with 8 KB of mainstore. I can't find the other 4 KB of RAM. Foo. My sweep is also now well beyond the 20-bit address bus memory limit (the theoretical maximum is 32 bits, or 4 GB of mainstore; this one, at 20, supports 1 MB). I think I'm going to bin the search if it doesn't find anything overnight.

There was also finishing off the last of the day's work, which I got started on at about 07:00 this morning. Given that it's now 19:40 gives an idea of the insanity.

The retro-computing project is a small embedded comms controller that speaks FORTH internally, and which I've had a hankering to fiddle with for a while now, especially given its long history in the service of science, mainly radio astronomy and spacecraft control. It's a bit of a queer version of FORTH, but that's down to when the thing was created and its designers. FORTH is fun, if odd. It's a stack-based postfix language which looks really odd to the layman, but makes sense if one has ever used an H-P calculator. For instance, to use BASIC, which most everybody knows, one types:

10 FOR I = 1 TO 10
20 PRINT I
30 NEXT

in FORTH, one uses:

0 10 DO R . ." " LOOP

(Or at least that's what the dialect of this device wants; the formal spec states "I" instead or "R". Go figure.)

Fun with old iron.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

10 FOR I = 1 TO 10
20 PRINT I
30 NEXT
in FORTH, one uses:
0 10 DO R . ." " LOOP
(Or at least that's what the dialect of this device wants; the formal spec states "I" instead or "R". Go figure.)

Egads was that some code used on a Commodore Computer at the inception of the Skirtcafe ?

Oh and that Commodore equipment - I have at present:
2 C64
2 5 inch floppy drives
SX64 (the computer in a suitcase with 5 inch screen)
a ton of games and software - getting ready for the landfill or any recycle agency.

Anyway what I was doing an hour ago - multitasking - feeding the dog - watching the news - preparing my own meal - reading a few emails - - -
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Dick Ackerman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dick Ackerman »

Nothing very exciting, just having an after supper nap in my recliner with the weather playing on the TV.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Isn't it amazing how mundane life is literally forgotten about?

Isn't it such a wonderful feeling to happen upon an old photograph or video recording if something you did say, 30 years ago that you completely forgotten about?
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Early hours here, raining outside, 6 degrees Centipede. Visit to the loo (old people need this more often), decided to watch a couple of you-tube clips, most of which are highly entertaining, quite informative and not too lengthy.

With the continuing grind of domestic lockdown it's nice to watch e.g. a sailing or aeronautical video. Back to bed-y-byes now. Not working tomorrow, so it's DIY chores about the place, dog walking and schooling granddaughter at home.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

After I couldn't find an arbor for a drill polisher, I was looking over supplies to see if I could make one. Nope, didn't have two nuts the same size. (Wearing a skirt, of course.)
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

At work, getting spines in humans to work better, and trying to convince people that they need to do things like exercise to help the process, unfortunately a never ending task!

John
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Good Morning Moon,
Sleeping quite peacefully and now it's time to start another day of fun and frolic here in chilly Scotland.
Steve.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

It's currently snowing. An hour ago I was in our conservatory looking out at the falling and laid snow while doing a jigsaw. I'm on furlough ( a year ago I had never even heard the word ) so have plenty of time on my hands.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Oh, in the southern hemisphere it was late morning and I was rebuilding a brick arch. An hour ago from when I opened up this post I was cleaning cleaning mortar off tools and buckets as it was getting dark. Sorry, pretty mundane.
In a mini skirt of course - which has become pretty mundane too; the novelty has worn off but the enjoyment hasn't as there was a welcome breeze while I was up the scaffold.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Clandestinely photographing a (probably illegal) building site.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
quantum

Post by quantum »

Refitting the hinges (screws came loose) on two cabinet doors in my workshop (in a skirt, of course, 18 inch denim).
--
Ian
Last edited by quantum on Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

I was thinking "Arg, I did take 10 minutes to vacuum clean my living, the complete vacuum cleaning will take longer than usual"