What were you doing an hour ago?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What were you doing an hour ago?

Post by Freedomforall »

Waiting for news on my mother. My sister found her in the floor of her home today. She is being flown by helicopter to Vanderbilt. She has had Frontal Temporal Dementia for years. She cannot hear, speak, write, or communicate in any way. She has Sepsis pneumonia and things are not looking good.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

An hour ago I was finishing testing a new printed circuit board I soldered up today. FEDEX delivered the package of my boards (which I had made in China) this afternoon when I had expected them on Friday, so completely assembling one to test my design and the board-maker's quality was my top priority today. Testing was 100% successful.
Daryl...
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

moonshadow wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:52 am Isn't it amazing how mundane life is literally forgotten about?

Isn't it such a wonderful feeling to happen upon an old photograph or video recording if something you did say, 30 years ago that you completely forgotten about?

Well, mundane life certainly exits our explicit (aka "declarative") memory but it moulds our implicit memory. It's wonderful that we forget so much because then we get to experience similar things without them being immediately "old".

30 years, yeah, that can be nice if the occasion was not unpleasant. 60 years, maybe not so much. I didn't really pose for a picture wearing my Roy Rogers cowboy set, did I?
Daryl...
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

What was I doing an hour ago?

Giving a lecture on ambiguity to my linguistics undergraduate students on Zoom.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Stu wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:37 pm What was I doing an hour ago?

Giving a lecture on ambiguity to my linguistics undergraduate students on Zoom.
Hope they didn't misunderstand you.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
miloshlavka
Distinguished Member

Post by miloshlavka »

An hour ago?
Maybe an hour or maybe two ones?
I copied new statistics of the covid in our town the neighbourhood and in the twinned municipality of our town into my blog (https://novyknin.wordpress.com/2021/01/ ... unor-2021/). For a future reference.
Everyone should be honest and prudent: to keep promises and, on principle, never to promise anything to anyone.
Sorry for my English. I try not to make spelling mistakes, but for this reason my writing is very slow.

Miloš H., Nový Knín, Central Bohemia
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

pelmut wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:51 pm Hope they didn't misunderstand you.
They probably did as they are all Swedes.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

An hour ago I was tweaking a 3D model of the Among Us crewmate, and watching over a 3D print of parts to that model. Hope to have a complete set in a few weeks.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Daryl, when we say, "I've forgotten that," how do we know that we knew it in the first place and the memory is no longer there as opposed to never knowing it at all?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Sinned wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:27 pm Daryl, when we say, "I've forgotten that," how do we know that we knew it in the first place and the memory is no longer there as opposed to never knowing it at all?
Oh, at least three ways.

My least favourite is someone reminding me of something I've said or done that I'd successfully forgotten about. Sure they could be making it up, but sometimes recordings exist (like me in a Roy Rogers outfit).

Then there are facts we do remember surrounding things we don't remember. For example, I can't tell you the postal code of the apartment we lived in 35 years ago, but I still remember that phone number and all the rest of the address. The chances the postal code was never in my memory are too slim for me to consider as a possibility. I've simply forgotten it.

Then there is stumbling across something, like a photo, that is clearly you and people you remember but you don't remember the occasion at all. I must have known I was there at one time.
Daryl...
KiltedintheValley

Post by KiltedintheValley »

An hour ago...I was watching some cool advertisements interrupted by a boring football game.

Earlier today...I was listening to classical records while watching the winter wonderland unfold outside our large bay window :D
"Be weird. Be random. Be who you are, because you never know who would love the person you hide." - Alan Watts

Life is too short to talk yourself out of wearing what you want because “I can’t pull off that look”.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

MOH wouldn't allow me stay still long enough for that.

We keep two donkeys and the floor of their 'principal residence' where they overnight and munch hay from a fixed manger was caked in about 10 inches of compacted straw/dung and needed clearing out.
Enter K., pitchfork in hand and it took perhaps altogether three hours to evacuate all that onto a king-sized pile outside the door. This pile is far taller than either donkey, but throughout the Spring MOH will nibble away at it, spreading it out on flower & veggie beds in equal measure. For this she uses a little garden tractor & trailer.

I take refuge in my work!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Not sure of the exact timings, so one of the following:

Watching either US politics or canal vlogs on PooTube,
Eating a mixed kebab on a naan,
Fetching Amazon parcels from my shed,
videoing my cats playing outside in the light covering of snow we have,
fending off curious cats as I try to eat some ice cream.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Putting a second coat of polyurethane on the dining room floor--wearing a modified denim skirt.
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

Plowing snow. It's getting old. Skirted though!
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?