The $900 billion dollar stimulus bill

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

The $900 billion dollar stimulus bill

Post by Freedomforall »

Attached is the 5593 page stimulus bill the government just passed here in the U.S.

https://rules.house.gov/sites/democrats ... 116-68.pdf
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The $900 billion dollar stimulus bill

Post by Faldaguy »

I bet that number kills this thread real fast! :twisted:
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

The sheer bulk of the thing hints as to what's in it -- lots of Corporate Welfare and not a lot for the general population.

For starters, I'm not going to get so much as a dime from the thing; it'll all be on my back. If this was going to help those less well off than I, I'd be OK with it because I'm one of the lucky ones at the moment who is still bringing in an income. What I'll be torqued off about is how much of it's going to go to various "financial institutions" (gambling houses) or mega-corporations (G.M,, G. E., Ford, Exxon/Mobil, &c.) -- and I suspect that's where the bulk of it's going to go.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

A huge part of this money will be going to other countries to bulk up their economies. Which is why Trump was reluctant to sign it in the first place.. It is just like the health care act much to big to sit down and read so just vote for it to find out what it really is......
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:47 am A huge part of this money will be going to other countries to bulk up their economies. Which is why Trump was reluctant to sign it in the first place.. It is just like the health care act much to big to sit down and read so just vote for it to find out what it really is......
Seems like it thus far from my reading. The amounts of money going to other countries and programs in other countries is staggering and outrageous to say the least.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:47 amA huge part of this money will be going to other countries to bulk up their economies.
Follow the money. Where's it going to be spent? On arms? What country on the face of the globe is the number one arms supplier?

There's more to this than meets the eye.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

crfriend wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:56 am
Fred in Skirts wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:47 amA huge part of this money will be going to other countries to bulk up their economies.
Follow the money. Where's it going to be spent? On arms? What country on the face of the globe is the number one arms supplier?

There's more to this than meets the eye.
A number of people I know who have US citezenship but live in Europe and hold well paying jobs have received these chques. One problem, many banks in the old world do no longer accept cheques...
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

For those interested this is a brief overview of what is in the bill.

This bill contains $85.5 million for assistance to Cambodia; $134 million to Burma; $1.3 billion for Egypt and Egyptian military, which will go out and buy almost exclusively Russian military equipment; $25 million for democracy and gender programs in Pakistan; $505 million to Beliza, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Panama; $40 million for the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C., which is not even open for business; $1 billion for the Smithsonian and an additional $154 million for the National Gallery of Art; ... $7 million for reef fish management; $25 million to combat Asian carpe; $2.5 million to count the number of amberjack fish in the Gulf of Mexico, a provision to promote the breeding of fish in federal hatcheries; $3 million in poultry production technology; $2 million to study the impact of downed trees; $566 million for construction projects at the FBI.