Pictures from the Nashville bombing

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Pictures from the Nashville bombing

Post by Freedomforall »

I worked on the bombing site today and want to share some pictures. The bomber had a five gallon bucket full of pennies on top of the bomb. Many of the pennies were blown approximately 10 stories on to the top of the AT&T building. Here is a picture of one of the pennies and a few other pictures. I found it interesting that Christmas garland on the street light seemed to be unphased by the bomb. Just 30 feet away was another pole with garland that melted. Both of these were within fifty feet of the bomb detonation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Pictures from the Nashville bombing

Post by crfriend »

Freedomforall wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:45 pmI worked on the bombing site today and want to share some pictures.
Thanks for those, FFA, and thanks for some of the narrative.

We're still waiting to hear what the motive may have been, but I rather suspect that the circus that's modern Washington DC is going to drown out a lot of very interesting and important stories, with this being one of them. It was a very strange event given modern circumstances.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Thanks Carl. I have a video that shows more if anyone is interested. It shows the crater in front of the AT&T building. I believe you are correct and WE will never know the story. There is a hierarchy of how knowledge is handled when an event such as this occurs. The FBI and ATF take charge of the scene. Local law enforcement takes backseat. Therefore, the knowledge flows from the Feds down. Local government only knows what is passed down to them.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Freedomforall wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:16 pmThere is a hierarchy of how knowledge is handled when an event such as this occurs. The FBI and ATF take charge of the scene. Local law enforcement takes backseat. Therefore, the knowledge flows from the Feds down. Local government only knows what is passed down to them.
The findings will eventually be made public, but by the time that's happened the media frenzy and the "news cycle" will have long forgotten about the incident -- and finding the report will be arduous at best as there seems to be no good way to search for such things.

The thing that attracted my attention to the Nashville bombing was that it was very clearly not intended to cause mass casualties. That alone got me curious.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

And thank goodness that it was carried out that way. The clueless mayor seemed to thin the area was not very populated. There are many loft apartments in that area of 2nd Avenue North. The mayor does not even know his own city. He recently increased property taxes 37%!

I believe you are correct and the truth will surface one day. By then something else, possibly greater, will be distracting us.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Freedomforall wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:49 pmAnd thank goodness that it was carried out that way. The clueless mayor seemed to thin the area was not very populated. There are many loft apartments in that area of 2nd Avenue North. The mayor does not even know his own city. He recently increased property taxes 37%!
That's unsurprising -- but fortunately, the police who showed up that morning knew that folks lived there and worked like madmen to try to get everybody out. Bravissimo on that count!
I believe you are correct and the truth will surface one day. By then something else, possibly greater, will be distracting us.
It will, but it'll be buried under a shedload of other "stuff". The thing that immediately stood out to me about the Nashville incident was the way it was carried out. By nature, I look at anomalies quite intently, and have the ability to retain focus for extended periods of time. This one represents a rather astonishing anomaly because the modern bent seems intent on causing mass casualty (and one quite naturally is drawn to ask, "What good did the perpetrator think was going to come out of that?") In this one, the same question is operative, but it didn't involve a large body-count (thankfully).

Also, I'm not all that focussed on "truth": I'm rather more interested in facts. I'm more than capable of making connections on my own. Truth and fact are sometimes quite different.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Thanks for posting FFA, and if anyone comes across new information, I also share in the curiosity of the motive.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.