What a Stalin Quote About Rigging Elections Reveals About the 2020 Election

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What a Stalin Quote About Rigging Elections Reveals About the 2020 Election

Post by moonshadow »

Yesterday, while speaking with a nice lady out and about I somewhat "accidentally" belted out that I was "fiscally conservative and socially liberal"...

I almost immediately regretted saying that until I saw her face light up...

"Thank you! I feel the exact same way!"

I think I made a friend on that day. :)

I think there are more people like me than I realize, and I'm hoping that despite the corruption we know exist on both sides of the political divide, at the very least we can move past this toxic vitriol that has taken over.

Biden is far from perfect, but I do believe that liberal voters WILL hold him accountable for his actions. I don't expect him to have the cult following that Trump enjoyed, and for that reason I do believe we are in better hands with Biden, because very few people (if any) among the progressives literally worship the man.

To be fair, that same thing could be said for Bush, H.W. Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Obama, probably all of the presidents. They were elected officials and we often held in check by their own constituents. Not so with Trump, and there lies the DANGER.

Politicians shouldn't tell us what to believe, who to love, hate, fear, or support. No... we tell THEM what to do. With Trump, he said "jump" and the GOP said "how high", and his voters were his army. Dangerous politics there, and yes, if progressives take it upon themselves to crown Biden a messiah just as conservatives did with Trump, you betcha I'll call it out.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Freedomforall wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:30 pm Not a good sign.

https://apnews.com/article/election-202 ... 633b66352b

They are all in collusion!
Or just a rational comment from someone whose values were so different to the subject?
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

It's worth recalling precisely how bad the cast of candidates was in 2016. The Republicans couldn't come up with an acceptable candidate, and the Democrats insisted on running one that many Party members detested. Both major party candidates showed their personalities and proclivities during the main campaign, and in what amounted to a protest vote the Republican candidate won, to the horror of many. It set a new low for standards.

Run the clock forward by four years. We've got a country where the rich have gotten even richer on the backs of the increasingly-endangered middle class, a country with a horribly-managed economy that's teetering on utter collapse, and an epidemic of century-scale that's been unbelievably badly mismanaged. The Republican Party, still in disarray from losing control of itself in 2016, selects the incumbent as their candidate because of His adoring base; the Democrats select one who will follow in the footsteps of Cheney/Dubya as he did when he was VP. There is a progressive wing in the Democratic Party, but they're not being heard about what actually needs doing to bring the nation back from the fate of becoming yet another failed third-world hole. And it's all down to the personal profit of, maybe, 200 individuals and families.

Clearly we do not learn from the past.

I hope I'm wrong -- and I've never hoped so hard that I'm wrong, but history does have a habit of repeating itself unless people take active steps to prevent it, and those very necessary steps are not being taken. Heck, they're not even on the table for consideration.

Does it surprise me that a Republican and a Democrat can agree on something? Not at all. Especially over something as vile as we just barely ejected from office a month ago -- and which darned near brought the entire place crashing down.

To the Republicans in the audience: Look at Biden's behaviour and policy proposals. Do they not look like Nixon-era behaviour and proposals from the Republican Party of the time? The old left sold out and became the new right -- and the old right makes 1930s Germany look like a band of boy-scouts.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

I received this in an email, and it sums up - quite well - what I feel has
happened with the 'New/Old' regime now in place in D.C.

I have listened to everyone else’s hatred, rhetoric, and outright lies for the last four years,
so now I am having my say. Big surprise, I am not a Biden fan. I think he is corrupt, a liar,
a racist bigot, is in bed with China , and probably suffering from dementia. He has done
nothing to improve anything in his 47-year political career.

But what has Trump done in the past 4 years?

The "arrogant ass" in the White House brokered four Middle East Peace Accords, something
that 71 years of political intervention and endless war failed to produce.

The "buffoon" in the White House is the first president that has not engaged us in a foreign
war since Eisenhower.

The "racist" in the White House has had the greatest impact on the economy, bringing jobs,
and lowering unemployment to the Black and Latino population of ANY other president. Ever.

The "liar" in the White House has exposed the deep, widespread, and long-standing corruption
in the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, and the Republican and Democratic parties.

The "idiot" in the White House turned NATO around and had them start paying their dues.

The "fool" in the White House neutralized the North Koreans and stopped them from sending
missiles toward Japan and threatening the West Coast of the US .

The "xenophobe" in the White House turned our relationship with the Chinese around,
brought hundreds of businesses back to the U.S. and revived the economy.

This same “clown” lowered your (American) taxes, increased the standard deduction
on your IRS return from $12,500 to $24,400 for married couples, and caused the stock
market to rise to record levels, positively impacting the retirement accounts of tens of
millions of citizens.

The “clown” in the White House fast-tracked the development of multiple COVID Vaccines
which are now available or will be soon. And yet we still don't have a vaccine for SARS,
Bird Flu, Ebola, or a host of diseases that arose during previous administrations.

The “clown” in the White House rebuilt our military which the Obama administration
crippled and fired 214 key generals and admirals in his first year of office.

I got it, you don't like him. Many of you utterly hate and despise him. How special of you.
He is serving you and ALL the American people. What are you doing besides calling him
names and laughing about him catching the China virus? Some of you were even hoping
that COVID would be the cause of his demise. (Ah, the left. The party of “tolerance”. )

Please educate me again as to what Biden has accomplished for America in his 47 years
in office, besides making the whole Biden family richer? By the way, where is Hunter?

I’ll take the “embarrassing clown” any day versus a fork-tongued, smooth-talking hypocritical
corrupt liar. I want a strong leader who isn’t afraid to kick some butt when needed.

I don’t need a fatherly figure.

I don’t need a liar, that's what Hollywood, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, and the
New York Times are for.

Call me a chump, a racist, or part of the basket of deplorables, I do not care!
Report back to me in 4 years after Pedo and Ho have finished with you.
Before you respond to this, PLEASE think about what this piece says.
It holds a lot of truth :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Collusion? As I see it Clayburn is a Democrat so helped another Democrat get the nomination. Bush, a Republican congratulated him probably because in getting Biden the nomination and thus the Presidency then the country was saved from another term of Trump which Bush recognised as not being good for the US. Where's the collusion? It can't be inferred from the article. Or are you showing your unfashionable pro-Trump bias?

Sorry, UA, but the email contains just a continuation of the lies and partial truths that have been disseminated over the past few months. Here's an article that cites the "bad" things that Trump did. https://www.indy100.com/news/donald-tru ... t-b1785865. I remember an interview with Trump where he boasted of "acing" a cognative test that isn't even used in psychological evaluations and included questions such as identifying an elephant. As another example Trump has a Chinese bank account which is used for paying taxes over there amounting to over $188k for whatever non-admitted trading that is being done over there. Sorry UA I do respect you but give it up and don't get this thread locked.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:00 amWhere's the collusion? It can't be inferred from the article.
To quote He Himself on the matter, "No collusion!"

See my comments on the dynamics of the 2016 election for the background.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Uncle Al wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:56 pmBefore you respond to this, PLEASE think about what this piece says.
It holds a lot of truth :!:e]
I agree with Sinned; "Give it up" -- the piece continues the lies, the misrepresentations, the out of context, and twisted views. Again, go back to original sources, check facts. The above for me rates about the same as most of what came out Trumps mouth -- BS. Sorry, there is just no kind way to excuse this level of misdirection and misinformation. UA, you've plenty of useful stuff to say on skirts, dresses, interesting observations on cultural events and sometimes a bit of harmless humor, and we love you for that -- forget the QAnon, Oath Keepers, and Proud Boys ill-informed chest-pounding, none of that will help build the democracy or world you or I have fought for.
Last edited by denimini on Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed format of quoting
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

I've thought about this for several days before writing this post.

:soapbox:

The MAIN MISS-DIRECTION is coming from Biden's camp and the extreme liberal left :!:
The main problem as to why many people didn't like Pres. Trump is because he was not
a "Silver Tongued, Professional Politician". In the 47 years Biden has held 'office' as a
senator, the only thing he has done was line his pockets with the taxpayer's money.
He hasn't done anything FOR America :!:

I'm tired of the bickering about Pres. Trump. He HAS done many things to benefit America.
He secured most of our Southern border, that the Democrats want to keep open. Open borders
allow all types of crime, drugs, human trafficking, etc., into America. Pres. Trump has STOPPED
21 gangs majoring in human trafficking. NONE of the Democrats have done ANYTHING TO STOP
HUMAN TRAFFICKING :!: U.S. Jobs are increasing :!: Unemployment is DOWN :!:
Democrats, especially Biden, are in cahoots with China.
Biden has signed documents getting the U.S. back into the Paris Accords. RUBBISH :!:

The team of Biden - Harris are lower than a snakes belly in a wheel-rut :!:

In the past several days, gas prices have gone up $.38 per gallon.
When I filled my Suburban(38 gallons into a 42 gallon tank), before Jan 6th, I paid $1.82 per gallon.
Now the price is $2.19 per gallon and continuing to go up. I saw one gas station/convenience store
selling gas at $2.49 per gallon. Rising gas prices, in such a short amount of time, is despicable.
America is now EXPORTING oil to other countries, thanks to Pres. Trump.

Pres. Trump told NATO to 'pay their way' as America was not going to support their political
agendas and wars. Pres. Trump DID NOT GET AMERICA INTO ANY WARS :!:

I've read here that many members of this Cafe' have become prime members of the BMW Society.
That's not the automobile club. Bitch, Moan and Whine :!: All you can do is tear down a person
who was trying to get America back to its rightful place in the world. A place people could look
up to and respect.

Wake up and smell the coffee :!: The "New" administration will keep America in a spiraling
downward path. We'll be worse than many 3rd and 4th world countries.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I'M SAYING - TOUGH COOKIES :!:
I have a right to my opinion(until the Democrats take that away) and I'm saying it now.

Heil Biden :!:

I won't start on Harris as she's MUCH WORSE than Biden. I wouldn't put it passed her to 'Assist'
in getting Biden out of office so she can take over.

I've tried to show, in several non-confrontational ways, that Pres. Trump was a good President.
I've been shot down each and every time. OK :!: You've got what you wished for, a Silver-Tongued,
slippery than an eel, two-faced Politician. You've made your bed, now go lie in it :!:
:soapbox:

Uncle Al, who is really P-O'd about this whole mess,
sorry that I ever started this, and ready to lock this thread :!:
:twisted: :cussing: :twisted:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Uncle Al wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:21 am Uncle Al, who is really P-O'd about this whole mess,
sorry that I ever started this, and ready to lock this thread :!:
:twisted: :cussing: :twisted:
Uncle Al,
LOCK THIS DAMN THREAD!!!
It is not anything that belongs on the cafe, all it does is cause people to want to fight and cause hate and misery.

The Cafe was and is supposed to be about men wearing skirts and politics has no place here.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

I'm sorry for the "knee-jerk" reaction in locking this thread.
I've slept on it(for about 6 hours) and after my Doctor's appointment,
I felt I needed to apologize and unlock this thread. I'm not apologizing
for my rant, just locking the thread. I didn't give anyone a chance to
respond to my "comments".

It's just all the name calling and putting down a person, who was hired to do
a job, which he did in a non-political, un-orthodox way, accomplishing many
good things for the U.S. Yet, since he was not a 'silver-tongued' career politician,
he was lambasted for what he did.

Term limits need to be applied to ALL politicians, not just the President.
The 'Good 'ol Boy's club'(existing House and Senate members) needs to go.

I'm more 'down in the dumps' lately due watching my wife's health deteriorate.
I guess this helped to fuel my fire in my rant above.

With the new administration aside, I just hope and pray that the U.S. can
come back together as one country.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Uncle Al wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:43 pm I felt I needed to apologize and unlock this thread. I'm not apologizing
for my rant, just locking the thread. I didn't give anyone a chance to
respond to my "comments".
I unsubsubscribed from the thread earlier this week as at this point it's beating a dead horse. After everything that has happened, if there is anyone who still thinks Donald Trump is an all around "good guy"... well, I just don't know what else can be said.

Thankfully a slight majority disagreed and removed him, though I did comment today that in many ways I wish Trump had have won, and that the GOP would taken the house and held the senate... then as the bottom continued to fall out, there would be no Democrats left to blame it on.

Now that we have this mess, if Biden misses a single beat, then conservatives will be on him like white on rice.

Anyway, I was ready to leave this behind the other day. It's time to move forward.
Uncle Al wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:43 pm I just hope and pray that the U.S. can
come back together as one country.
Agreed, understand 99% of this nation is liberal (to some degree) and 50% (half) is Democrat. We're going to have to find some way to work together.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Al, if you don’t like anti-Trump rhetoric, stop launching indefensible political posts like this one.

You are the prime perpetrator of this. Each time you put up a pro-Trump or anti-Biden post, it’s usually unsubstantiated drivel - and the responses reflect this.

I am not aware of anti-Trump posts being started by anyone; they are typically in response to yours.

My request to you - just let it go. Please. No more political crap. I will hold myself to that same standard. I will not start a political post. Will you do this? For the good of the Café?

Ray
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Having read the discussion on pro/anti Trump and the same in respect of Biden, a few remarks.
First of all, I live in the Old World (in some countries all what is to be done by th government is a public debate, communist parties, socialist parties, parties presenting themselves a far right but with an ultra left agenda, etc.), so I watched it all form a distance.
As Carl pointed out neither the Republicans nor the Democrats had a good candidate, the contest going on to long betweenthemselves. Trump had suffiecient fundings to go for himself and used the Republicans on his behalf. Hillary was in my opinion never a choice, but not mine to make.
WHere were the indipendents?
Trump did a few good things like being the first to meet a North Corean leader, but also he forgot that the US claimed to be the most important country on the globe and thus can not go arround bashing everybody.
The book by his niece was enlighting.
But apart of the above, what scared me the most were the last few months, the resemblance with what happend in Europe a century ago; people following the new leader without posing a question, a new leader with a similar background, a leader using double standards. I do think that what happened on Jan 6 could be best described as an attemped coup.
What heppens in the US effects all of the world, that is forgotten by most involved, e.g. the last financial crisis due to the bad mortages and over credited consumers in the US had effect on the gobal financial market. Large international (non US)Banks (almost) folded.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

UA, as someone who lives across the Atlantic River I have access to different media so am able to research this topic readily. When Trump became president I considered him just another rich guy. I knew little about him and had a rather ignorant and neutral attitude about him. Across the 4 years I saw him do and say many, many ridiculous things. Things that showed a lack of maturity and good judgement. Sure he shook up the political situation and did some well-intentioned things but made some shocking mistakes as well. As to the pandemic, our rulers at times make a pig's ear of a response but Trump just never seemed to do anything but tweet about it going away soon. There seemed to be no plan - just inaction. So your posting an article just reiterating lies and partial truths annoyed me and I was going to post an item by item rebuttal but sense prevailed. In making your post my estimation of you took a serious hit and that disappointed me. I know that may not matter to you seeing as I'm so far away. I just can't see why you, and others, are so loyal considering recent events. Inciting a revolt, even on such a small scale and having his speech recorded, would be a treasonal offence over here. Apparently not to you. Had BoJo tried to oust our Parliament,)( Houses of Commons and Lords ) and failed then even though I am naturally a Conservative by heart ( BoJo is the Conservative leader and Prime Minister ) he certainly wouldn't have my support any longer. Anyway, I've said my piece. May peace reside in this place and be happy.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Politics has a tendency to destroy, what I find interesting is that in all the years I have been on this forum there has never been any heated discussion on politics in Australia or New Zealand or Europe or Britain (there has been some short lived threads on Brexit), why is only our American friends can not hold a decent discussion without personal attack. I read this forum because I am interested in wearing skirts as a guy and hearing about others who do the same, why can't we just leave American politics OUT.

John