What a Stalin Quote About Rigging Elections Reveals About the 2020 Election

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

What a Stalin Quote About Rigging Elections Reveals About the 2020 Election

Post by Uncle Al »

Interesting Read :!:

How the media tried to suppress a quote about Stalin using the media to rig elections.

Please read the entire article before responding, you might miss something :)

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What a Stalin Quote About Rigging Elections Reveals About the 2020 Election

Post by Ray »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mediabiasf ... ine/%3famp

Please read the above fact check on Frontpagemag before reading Al’s posted link. It may help frame the article.

Oh, and here’s another regarding the quote itself.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/stali ... unt-quote/

Isn’t the internet an amazing thing?

Ray
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Uncle Al wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:21 am Interesting Read :!:

How the media tried to suppress a quote about Stalin using the media to rig elections.

Please read the entire article before responding, you might miss something :)
I read the entire article.

Regardless of the quote being accurate or not (I doubt it, but am not going to do the research to be sure) the stuff about the 2020 election being rigged is pure nonsense. Our system of counting votes is very secure. CISA has verified that. ( https://www.cisa.gov/news/2020/11/12/jo ... l-election ) Republican-led states have done careful recounts and verified the count.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Jim wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:57 amOur system of counting votes is very secure. CISA has verified that.
And been castigated for pointing it out.

The actual election proper in the US is rigourously carried out, by people who take these things very seriously, and it carefully watched by observers, both trained and untrained, some from overseas from countries trying to improve their own systems. Is it 100% bullet-proof? No, nothing is 100%. Is it accurate enough that it works? Absolutely. Trump lost (emphasis mine) the election of 2020 fair and square. Not a whiff of fraud or "fixing" large enough to sway the result has even been posited by anyone with an IQ larger than their shoe size. Enough is enough.

If the actual process is so good, then why are elections continually contested -- and, more to the point, How is it that the general population have no representation? The first one is easy, "Keep the populace looking somewhere other than the action is really happening.", as is the second, "Because the candidates are already preselected for loyalty; i.e. they've been bought." Further threats include gerrymandering and voter-suppression, but those are small potatoes compared to the overt buying of influence and power.

Want to know why elections go wrong? "Follow the money."
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

My first remark would be that the topic should be placed under the "off topic" section. Whether or not the correctness of the quote, I wouldn't be surprised if The Donald would have said such.
As for the US being proud of it's regard for democracy, it's a shamefull period.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well, I've probably voted in my last election anyway.

Why?

Because I've learned (thanks to Trump) that our votes are not "rights", they only count because the various people in power allow them to count. We have learned that, constitutionally there are several steps that can legally thwart the will of the people at the ballot box.

We've learned that big money interest gets candidates on the ballot... but that's the easy part.

We've learned that should state legislatures decide to disregard the popular vote of their population and cast their electors for a different candidate, they have every right to do so.

We've learned that even if the electoral college does certify the winner in December, congress can override the results in January if they so desire. It appears as though if the House was controlled by Republicans, they'd surely override the electoral college and Trump would be the president for the next four years.

Hypothetically, if the GOP wins back the house in two years, it sounds like they could theoretically vote Trump back in the White House in '24 without him even being on the ballot! (I could be wrong about this, just my current understanding of a quickly evolving situation...)

I suppose the vote does count for house and senate seats, but in my congressional district, the GOP candidate is often unopposed, and even when someone dares to run against him, the GOP candidate enjoys 90% of the vote anyway.

Same goes for state level candidates, the local delegates are ALWAYS Republican, often unopposed, and any state wide (at large) elections are always decided by Northern Virginia anyway.

Local elections are nothing but a joke, and they remind me of the "class elections" of high school, which really were nothing more than local popularity contest. I mean let's be honest, do you really think my local county supervisor gives a crap about some out of town athiest crossdresser that just blew into town in 2017 and doesn't even shop in the county?? Ha!

Hardly.

I wish I could say that I wore a skirt to my father's home and he disowned me...

I wish I could say that, but I can't. As far as I know he still doesn't know about my feminine ways. No the fact is that whenever we talk, all he constantly wants to talk about is how much Trump is getting the shaft, how wonderful Trump is, how purely evil anyone who doesn't worship at the feet of Trump is. God damn... I'm just so sick of it

So I lost the man that raised me over his worshipping of Trump. I don't have a father anymore. He's ashamed of me, and I'm equally ashamed of him. The man never even so much as called on my 40th birthday.

I wish it could have been over skirts, but the damn sick part is, its got to be over politics. What a shame... what a damn shame.

So..... tonight is New Years Eve. How appropriate. New beginnings start here and now. I'm pulling the cord and getting off this train. I'll hang around then cafe and share my skirting stories (until they abolish 230 and Carl has to shut the site down over all of the soon to be illegal anti-Trump rhetoric), but this will be my final political post, because they no longer serve any purpose.

I'm absolutely finished giving a sh!t what happens, I no longer believe in this nation anymore, so I hope these politicians are happy, they all lost my vote. This nation and the society that lives in it has destroyed everything I loved and believed in.

Go ahead... have your tin pot dictator (whomever you all decide, Trump or Biden...), love him dearly, worship at his feet and build altars to his holy name, I don't care anymore.

I rescind any allegiance I was brainwashed into pledging as a child. This God forsaken nation will NOT have my loyalty or my soul.

Full stop!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:12 pmSo..... tonight is New Years Eve. How appropriate. New beginnings start here and now. I'm pulling the cord and getting off this train. I'll hang around then cafe and share my skirting stories (until they abolish 230 and Carl has to shut the site down over all of the soon to be illegal anti-Trump rhetoric), but this will be my final political post, because they no longer serve any purpose.
It's unlikely that anything like that will happen. Recall that the companies that are protected by 230 have a lot of money -- and want to hold onto it. I suspect that 230 is quite safe. Note that the legislature handed The Donald a whopping big rebuke by way of their override of His veto of the Defence bill. (Follow the money.)

So "Moscow" Mitch McConnell is trying to get it repealed -- by attaching it to the relief bill that's in front of congress now. That's just plain lower than low -- but to be expected. Trust me, Disney, AT&T, and Time Warner do not want to see 230 repealed, and this is a country where money drives everything. I don't expect the relief bill to pass, anyway, because the elites have no incentive to provide handouts to "little people".
I rescind any allegiance I was brainwashed into pledging as a child. This God forsaken nation will NOT have my loyalty or my soul.
I have a slightly more nuanced way of putting that: "I did not forsake my country, my country forsook me."

And I wish that "Uncle" Joe Stalin had been left out of this. His name is sullied enough already, he doesn't need more being piled on.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:33 pm So "Moscow" Mitch McConnell is trying to get it repealed -- by attaching it to the relief bill that's in front of congress now. That's just plain lower than low -- but to be expected.
Yes it was [lower than low]. And now the POT can blame the Democrats for killing it... round and round we go...

Conservatives better sit up and pay attention, because here's the deal, if by some chance Democrats hold the house and take the Senate through '24, then January of '25 THEY can override any GOP winner on the electoral vote....

And Trump paved the way...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:42 pmAnd Trump paved the way...
No, this has been going on since before The Donald was even a 4th-rate TV presenter.

I expect to see no change in the coming years, simply by looking at Biden's cabinet -- because it's full of the same vermin that oversaw the second eight years of Cheney/Dubya. My only hope for the next four years is that Biden won't soil the carpet that often.

Fundamental change will only come in the USA when the power of money can be broken in such a way that it cannot buy "elections" -- and I'm not optimistic about that in the slightest. I suspect the thing is now self-perpetuating -- at least until it finally collapses completely. I give it perhaps another 20 years, 30 tops. At that point, the elites will control all the wealth and will have to start predating each other to sate their greed rather than the classes below them. I do not anticipate seeing the beginning of that process.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

moonshadow wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:12 pm Well, I've probably voted in my last election anyway.

Why?

Because I've learned (thanks to Trump) that our votes are not "rights", they only count because the various people in power allow them to count. We have learned that, constitutionally there are several steps that can legally thwart the will of the people at the ballot box.

We've learned that big money interest gets candidates on the ballot... but that's the easy part.

We've learned that should state legislatures decide to disregard the popular vote of their population and cast their electors for a different candidate, they have every right to do so.

We've learned that even if the electoral college does certify the winner in December, congress can override the results in January if they so desire. It appears as though if the House was controlled by Republicans, they'd surely override the electoral college and Trump would be the president for the next four years.

Hypothetically, if the GOP wins back the house in two years, it sounds like they could theoretically vote Trump back in the White House in '24 without him even being on the ballot! (I could be wrong about this, just my current understanding of a quickly evolving situation...)
I'd say there is a better than 50-50 chance that the number of folks in government who support such undemocratic behavior will significantly decrease because of the way they exposed themselves this year. But that might just be wishful thinking.

Even on January 6, expect the Republican Senate, not just the Democratic House, to soundly reject the challenges to seating the duly elected Electors.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:23 pm I expect to see no change in the coming years, simply by looking at Biden's cabinet -- because it's full of the same vermin that oversaw the second eight years of Cheney/Dubya
But what else can he do...? His cabinet has to be confirmed by the POT Senate, and we should already know Moscow Mitch is going to do everything he can to obstruct any progress Biden and his administration tries to achieve...
crfriend wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:23 pm Fundamental change will only come in the USA when the power of money can be broken in such a way that it cannot buy "elections" -- and I'm not optimistic about that in the slightest
Nor am I, which is why I have set my clock for 5AM for the last time to attend this circus. Let them have it, I have all but renounced my citizenship at this point (yes I have actually researched this...) I decided against it as I'm still a tax payer (not by choice), and I want to get my moneys worth for the thousands of dollars stolen from me every year.

So they can go ahead and garnish my wages for their theiving taxes, but outside of that they can take their patriotic "Awesome America" bullsh!t and shove it up their ass.

I just live here, but it's NOT my home.
Jim wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:38 pm I'd say there is a better than 50-50 chance that the number of folks in government who support such undemocratic behavior will significantly decrease because of the way they exposed themselves this year. But that might just be wishful thinking.
It likely is.
-Andrea
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

https://youtu.be/5hMnWBwgFNE

Man... I'd wish he were still here, I'd love to see what he has to say today...
-Andrea
Brad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Brad »

Moon- you just learned that State legislatures can choose their electors regardless of the popular vote? There is no popular vote in the Constitution. There never was. It's been that way since 1789. Article 2 section 1- Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.

If a state would decide not to hold an election (which they can), people will more easily see how the system works instead of drinking the Kool-Aid.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Wow, your electoral system seems to get more screwed up by rthe day. Seems like your founding fathers left loop holes big enough to fly a 747 through. Admittedly they tried to point things in the right direction but they sure didn't cross the i's or dot the t's. Makes your elections appear mere window dressing and democracy very illusory. :twisted:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Brad wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:53 pm Moon- you just learned that State legislatures can choose their electors regardless of the popular vote? There is no popular vote in the Constitution.
Yes Brad, I knew that, but I never figured any politician or party would try to break tradition after the election!

The part about congress having the final say.... I did not know.

I am astonished this nation didn't collapse within the first couple decades of its existence. Clearly the constitution has some serious flaws.
-Andrea