What a Stalin Quote About Rigging Elections Reveals About the 2020 Election

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What a Stalin Quote About Rigging Elections Reveals About the 2020 Election

Post by Freedomforall »

crfriend wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:23 pm
moonshadow wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:42 pmAnd Trump paved the way...
No, this has been going on since before The Donald was even a 4th-rate TV presenter.

Fundamental change will only come in the USA when the power of money can be broken in such a way that it cannot buy "elections" -- and I'm not optimistic about that in the slightest. I suspect the thing is now self-perpetuating -- at least until it finally collapses completely. I give it perhaps another 20 years, 30 tops. At that point, the elites will control all the wealth and will have to start predating each other to sate their greed rather than the classes below them. I do not anticipate seeing the beginning of that process.
I agree. We are allowing ourselves to be controlled by the rich and the super rich. It is happening from Hollywood to Washington. We allow rich actors and actresses to make films depicting what our lives should look like. They even define what a real man and real woman should depict. Next, we elect rich people to represent us in government. All the while we believe that somehow they can relate to how we live and will have our best interests at heart. There is no way any of them can relate to how we live. We are mere pawns in their game and nothing will change until we stand up for ourselves.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

If it's any consolation the situation is no better over here. We are ruled by an elite that was educated at public schools ( which aren't really public but private! ) and the Oxbridge universities or those Lordships. I know that we have MP's that have more humble roots but they quickly become corrupted by the "pig trough" and make liberal use of "expenses" to line their generous salary. Those with substantial amounts of money have great influence even if they have no role in the political sphere. Whereas the mechanisms and legal frameworks may be different the effect is the same. The Labour Party is as full of millionaires as the Conservative Party. The rich prosper and the poor all but make do. That our family have done as well as we have is due to MOH's and my sacrifices early in our marriage, some hard work, some luck and astute education of our offspring.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Ver interesting what will happen today in Georgia.

Another interesting item was what Chip Roy said: Those elected to the House and now new members thereof were elected by the same system as they tend to overthrow an behalf of the president
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/04/poli ... index.html
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

A good point in that the Senators ( and presumably Representatives ) were elected using the very same machines and methodologies which makes their elections suspect. It makes their legitimacy seem suspect. Hmmmm.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

62 attempts to use the courts to overturn the election (source BBC). All failed.

I watched a parliament being stormed by protestors on the news tonight. I watched an orange faced man talk about fraud elections. I thought it was a third world country.

I found out that it was the USA.

The so-called haven of democracy. Not any longer. I think we now look to Canada for democracy in North America.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

So I'm just wondering... which Rosetta Stone should I purchase? Russian or Chinese? I'd like to be ready for when one or the other takes over everything...

I think it will go over well with our new rulers if I take the time to learn the language.

This is a serious question BTW... I'm pretty sure we're nearing the end here...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:32 pm[... W]hich Rosetta Stone should I purchase? Russian or Chinese? I'd like to be ready for when one or the other takes over everything...
Given that the USA and Russia are largely one and the same, I'd say the safe money is on the Chinese version. The Celestial Empire re-emergent. Technological. Spacefaring. Seemingly new. Yet strangely old at the same time.

I was musing about current affairs at my local this evening, as all the televisions were tuned to assorted different "news" channels... "What happened to the republic I grew up in?" "Whither the respect for law?"

The USA still has a ways to fall before anybody "takes it over" -- and that assumes that there's anything worth taking over.

Tomorrow will be another day. We shall see if it's like today has been. I'm hoping not, but those hopes are tenuous. Through the lens of history I know the way of the Cult of Personality -- and it's not pretty.

The thing that struck me today was the extraordinary restraint that officials showed when it came to the use of lethal force. I was absolutely astonished by it. However, if they had deployed force in that regard, it would have forever branded the USA as "just another third-world hole". So, one set of officialdom did me proud today. Bravo, gentlemen. We cannot sink to the level of barbarians without becoming barbarians ourselves.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

You know, I just wonder, where will the public draw the line? People in my region still worship him, he's still "their guy".

So now that congress has fallen, the president stood by and encouraged it, surrounding states (Virginia and Maryland) had to send in their own guard units. Where does it end?

I wonder, how far are we now from becoming as unstable as Iraq or Afghanistan? If Donald Trump instructed his "army" to start taking prosoners and beheading "liberals" or "RINO's" how many of his cult would gladly do so?

Unfortunately I imagine that number is pretty much anyone who voted for him. If they still stand behind him after today, there is clearly no limit to how far they will go to glorify Donald Trump.

He is a traitor and a coward.

A traitor because he has completely destroyed American democracy and continues to everything he can to keep it destroyed.

A coward because all the while he does this, he does not stand with his cult army like a true commander would under an actual national threat, rather he hides in his bunker surrounded by secret service agents and tweets his commands to his cult.

I don't know where this ends. I question the safety of engaging in anything out of the norm right now (including wearing skirts), we are in the middle of quite possibly the worst social climate the U.S. has seen since the 1860s. And it's just going to get worse after Biden is sworn in.

I'd estimate millions of people would die for Trump, it stands to reason they'd probably kill for him too.

Carl, I resize the nations power structure has been controlled by the oligarchy you speak off, what astounds me is the millions upon millions of regular (non ruling) people who fawn over a man who is most likely on the payroll, and how those people have completely vilified NOT THE OLIGARCHS, BUT ANYONE WHO DOESN'T WORSHIP AT THE FEET OF TRUMP, OLIGARCH OR NOT!

I will continue to be myself despite all of this, I will keep my eccentric decorations and so forth up around my home...

But starting today I'm also keeping a firearm beside my bed. I am after all, surrounded by His cult... a warning is tendered, in the words of their God... "you loot, I shoot!"
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:29 amBut starting today I'm also keeping a firearm beside my bed. I am after all, surrounded by His cult... a warning is tendered, in the words of their God... "you loot, I shoot!"
That, my friend, is a dangerous path, and I'd counsel caution before embarking on it. Contemplate your actions carefully.

Trump is not one of the oligarchs and never has been, he merely toes the line because he's been told if he doesn't he's as good as dead. It's easy to control the merely greedy -- appeal to the greed -- however controlling someone unstable is something entirely different, thus a different path must be taken. My personal suspicion is that the elites would have preferred Hillary Clinton -- a nice docile and controllable greedy wannabe -- over Trump. However, Trump managed to win what I think amounted to a protest vote over the "Chosen One", so another avenue of control needed to be sought out -- and in this case, it's done in the basest possible of terms, "Defy us and you cease to exist." They made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Whether anybody foresaw this mess is beyond me, but the mess is hard upon us here and now. I just hope that the military -- especially the Air Force -- will simply refuse any insane orders that may issue in the next two weeks of this national nightmare.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:51 am
moonshadow wrote:But starting today I'm also keeping a firearm beside my bed. I am after all, surrounded by His cult... a warning is tendered, in the words of their God... "you loot, I shoot!"
That, my friend, is a dangerous path, and I'd counsel caution before embarking on it. Contemplate your actions carefully
I'm not trigger happy, but recall the word was "loot". Yes, if some Trumpie storms into my house like they did Pelosi's office to grab a selfie with a sh!t eating grin... that son of a b!tch is leaving in a bag.

But no... I'm not saying I'm going bust a cap in anyone I see with a MAGA hat on. Though such hats, signs, banners, etc are no longer permitted on my property. Not after today.
-Andrea
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:01 amI'm not trigger happy, but recall the word was "loot".
My comment was more about the times when you're not actively in control -- you're passive in your own place much of the time, and an intruder has the advantage of surprise. This also says nothing about when you're asleep or out of the house.

Just be careful.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:08 am
moonshadow wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:01 amI'm not trigger happy, but recall the word was "loot".
My comment was more about the times when you're not actively in control -- you're passive in your own place much of the time, and an intruder has the advantage of surprise. This also says nothing about when you're asleep or out of the house.

Just be careful.
Ahh... who am I kidding... nobody's going to bother us anyway. Even if there was some minor issue (unlikely as it is) it has an even smaller chance of resulting in bullets flying.

I'm just irritated with the way things are going.... blowing off steam mostly.
-Andrea
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Carl, good comment made about the restraint shown by the police / guards. That was indeed impressive.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

moonshadow wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:29 am But starting today I'm also keeping a firearm beside my bed. I am after all, surrounded by His cult... a warning is tendered, in the words of their God... "you loot, I shoot!"
Have you trained to quickly shoot to kill people? If not, you may end up like the pastor a few days ago who drew a gun on a robber. The robber lunged, took the gun, and killed the pastor.

No matter what the gun culture proclaims, having a loaded gun, unlocked in the house, is more likely to end up with a resident of the house being shot than an intruder.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

crfriend wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:24 am The USA still has a ways to fall before anybody "takes it over" -- and that assumes that there's anything worth taking over.
As the saying goes, why bother taking over when you can have whatever you want of theirs delivered to your doorstep?

If you take over you have millions of people to keep happy. On the other hand you can just keep buying up their companies and properties and simply
cream off the profits.