What a Stalin Quote About Rigging Elections Reveals About the 2020 Election

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What a Stalin Quote About Rigging Elections Reveals About the 2020 Election

Post by moonshadow »

Let's be honest here...

In my life I've ran across people who just, for whatever reason, are NEVER held accountable for what they do. I've had a former boss like that, my [now deceased] mother in law was like that... and I'm not being sarcastic! My mother in law in particular was guilty of several crimes, child abuse, neglect, endangerment, fleeing, writing bad checks, the list goes on and on... she was never even brought up on charges.

The point is, there are some peoples who are simply above the law, this is a FACT I have personally observed.

I believe Donald Trump is one of those people. He will never answer for his crimes, not one, not ever. The best thing we can hope for is that he dies... and he will eventually die, nobody lives forever.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

crfriend wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:24 am
moonshadow wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:32 pm[... W]hich Rosetta Stone should I purchase? Russian or Chinese? I'd like to be ready for when one or the other takes over everything...
The thing that struck me today was the extraordinary restraint that officials showed when it came to the use of lethal force. I was absolutely astonished by it. However, if they had deployed force in that regard, it would have forever branded the USA as "just another third-world hole". So, one set of officialdom did me proud today. Bravo, gentlemen. We cannot sink to the level of barbarians without becoming barbarians ourselves.
I don't like playing Monday morning quarterback, but there is one incident that no one seems to be recognizing. This is the incident involving the lady that was shot. I have scoured through numerous videos and articles concerning the shooting. Nothing mentions the lady being armed or threatening in anyway. Unless I am missing something, this is a clear violation of their deadly force policy and a tragedy. The Chief has now resigned amid criticism.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Freedomforall wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:41 pmI don't like playing Monday morning quarterback, but there is one incident that no one seems to be recognizing. This is the incident involving the lady that was shot. I have scoured through numerous videos and articles concerning the shooting. Nothing mentions the lady being armed or threatening in anyway. Unless I am missing something, this is a clear violation of their deadly force policy and a tragedy. The Chief has now resigned amid criticism.
In any situation like this, there are highly likely going to be deaths. The current toll stands at four, with the shooting being only one. Anybody who incites one of these mob events should stand trial for the resultant outcome. Late edit: It's five now; one of the Capitol Police force died over the night from injuries sustained during the riot.

I just got up, yesterday having been long and arduous at work, so haven't checked the news, but the Chief may have resigned over criticism that he wasn't prepared for this and there wasn't enough violence deployed at the time. Personally, I'm glad that there wasn't a bloodbath because that would have lowered the worldwide standing of the US to somewhere lower than Afghanistan.

I do not expect that the Capitol Police are ever ready for an armed insurrection; they're mostly crowd-control for docile and curious tourists, not hired killers.

Responsibility for the act ultimately lies in the hands of the organisers of the riot. Full stop. The cop may simply have panicked in a moment of intense stress and discharged his weapon -- and once the bullet leaves the barrel the chips are going to fall where they do.

Little Donnie has a lot to answer for at the moment.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:06 pm Little Donnie has a lot to answer for at the moment.
He won't.

Almost 50% of republican voters fully support the insurrection, and once this fizzles out, the GOP will be back to fully backing Trumpism. In fact, it's already starting. The left is blaming the right, and the right is blaming the left. Round and round we go. Now they're saying antifa was responsible. Personally, I don't believe that, there is no way antifa, BLM, or anyone other than the predominantly WHITE terrorist could ever get so close to the capital.

I'm hearing a lot of local chatter of people championing the rioters and the president that invited it.

Pence will not invoke the 25th.

The house will move to impeach

The senate will not convict.

All of this will be along party lines.

Trump will pardon himself and everyone involved.

Same sh!t, different day.

Hopefully he'll just die soon. He certainly won't B.S. his way out of that!

-and hopefully it will be of natural causes, the last thing we need is "Trump the martyr", then he really will have all of the elements of a new religion.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I'm tellin' ya, the guy [Trump] needs to don a ["womens"] skirt on his last day... then watch as the far right embraces skirts and everything that goes with them as the "new symbol of masculinity!"

They'll believe anything Trump tells them. If Trump tells them to jump off a cliff... watch them jump, if he says to shoot their own mothers in the face, watch them pull the trigger.

He's quite the spell-caster that one...
-Andrea
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Well, that was disappointing. Here is to 2022!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:26 pmPence will not invoke the 25th.
I'm not so sure at this point. Pence has done a yeoman's job at bootlicking, but was quite literally "thrown to the wolves" and personally endangered by his boss' reckless actions. I image that inside he's seething mad about that.

Trump can't pardon himself, and if he tries it won't hold up in court -- and that's only for federal matters. He's got a lot of answering to do regarding state matters pertaining to his business empire. If Pence becomes president for a short period, I suspect it's very unlikely he'll pardon the guy who could have gotten him injured or worse. And this has nothing at all to do with the CoT -- at this point we're down to basic human gut reaction.

Sure, the Faithful will continue to believe, but I suspect (hope, really) that may dissipate somewhat in the coming months.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well... it's all fun and games until somebody gets killed. Frankly I'm surprised there were only 5 fatalities... if this were a left wing mob, I'd say we'd be measuring deaths in the thousands.
-Andrea
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Carl, if Trump is held to any level of accountability, I will personally buy you a lunch at your favorite restaurant.

$50 limit. I know how you New Englanders like your fine dining at $300 per plate establishments... :P :wink:
-Andrea
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

From the article...

Nothing will stop us....they can try and try and try but the storm is here and it is descending upon DC in less than 24 hours....dark to light!” Babbitt tweeted the day before she died."

My question... "Was it worth it?"

I suspect that bullet wasn't for her. I'm sure the situation was very tense.

In all honestly, I'd never dream of storming a federal building..
Why? Because I figure I'd get... oh I don't know... SHOT...?

Not to sound insensitive, but the phrase "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" comes to mind.

What did she think, that because she was a Trump supporter that nothing possibly could happen to her? She knowingly participated in an active insurrection, in an attempt to overthrow the federal governments attempt to carry out its constitutional business. She entered into what amounted to an active war zone...

... again, why is anyone suprised?

And yes, if this was BLM, Antifa or any other group, I'd say the same thing.... if you enter into a potentially deadly situation... death is a possibility.

We wear skirts, and those of us who do that openly take on certain risk.. risk of family estrangement, job loss, loss of friends, and possible physical/verbal harassment, even assault from the community... this is the choice we made, and we must live (and maybe die) by those decisions. Nobody is twisting our arm and forcing us dress in skirts... just as nobody twisted her arm and made her riot in D.C. One key difference though, it's not illegal and quite harmless when we wear skirts. This woman made a premeditated attempt to travel to D.C., participate in an insurrection, criminal trespass and breaking and entering on Federal Property. She. Broke. The. Law. Let's keep this in perspective.

Sullivan said Babbitt tried to make it through one of the windows in the barricaded doors into a part of the Capitol that had not been breached when the officer with the gun came out of a doorway

Let's be honest....if that were a black man getting shot while crawling through that window... or hell just a guy wearing a skirt, do you really think "Trump's Amercia" would be outraged?

Hardly.
-Andrea
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Carl, sorry to disagree about disqualification from office but:

"The Senate shall have the sole power to try all impeachments. When sitting for that purpose, they shall be on oath or affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no person shall be convicted without the concurrence of two thirds of the members present.

Judgment in cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States: but the party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to indictment, trial, judgment and punishment, according to law."

This is taken from the Cornell Law School site https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitutio ... ess%20has.

This seems clear to me.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

moonshadow wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:18 pm

From the article...

Nothing will stop us....they can try and try and try but the storm is here and it is descending upon DC in less than 24 hours....dark to light!” Babbitt tweeted the day before she died."

My question... "Was it worth it?"

I suspect that bullet wasn't for her. I'm sure the situation was very tense.

In all honestly, I'd never dream of storming a federal building..
Why? Because I figure I'd get... oh I don't know... SHOT...?

Not to sound insensitive, but the phrase "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" comes to mind.

What did she think, that because she was a Trump supporter that nothing possibly could happen to her? She knowingly participated in an active insurrection, in an attempt to overthrow the federal governments attempt to carry out its constitutional business. She entered into what amounted to an active war zone...

... again, why is anyone suprised?

And yes, if this was BLM, Antifa or any other group, I'd say the same thing.... if you enter into a potentially deadly situation... death is a possibility.

We wear skirts, and those of us who do that openly take on certain risk.. risk of family estrangement, job loss, loss of friends, and possible physical/verbal harassment, even assault from the community... this is the choice we made, and we must live (and maybe die) by those decisions. Nobody is twisting our arm and forcing us dress in skirts... just as nobody twisted her arm and made her riot in D.C. One key difference though, it's not illegal and quite harmless when we wear skirts. This woman made a premeditated attempt to travel to D.C., participate in an insurrection, criminal trespass and breaking and entering on Federal Property. She. Broke. The. Law. Let's keep this in perspective.

Sullivan said Babbitt tried to make it through one of the windows in the barricaded doors into a part of the Capitol that had not been breached when the officer with the gun came out of a doorway

Let's be honest....if that were a black man getting shot while crawling through that window... or hell just a guy wearing a skirt, do you really think "Trump's Amercia" would be outraged?

Hardly.
Totally agree with what you are saying. However, consider this. This was an outrageous event. There is no doubt with that. However, one must be very careful about deviating from the use of deadly force protocols. They are in place for a reason. If police are allowed to deviate from them there will be no more accountability and they will in essence become judge and jury. This will effectively eliminate the current adverserial judicial system. Did you know that police were allowed to shoot unarmed felons in Tennessee until a court case called Tennessee vs. Garner? A felony is any crime punishable by more than a year in jail. Felony charges sound bad but could be something this simple. Let's say you and Jen buy a car and it comes with a paper drive out license plate. Police attempt to stop you but you are in a bad area and decide to drove to a lighted area for your safety. The police ran the tag and found it had been altered. You have no idea of this and the fact that altering a tag is a felony. They think you are running and shoot you.
No one seems to be outraged about her being shot. We watched so called peaceful riots burning whole cities down last year over similar police shootings. Why is this different? Justice should be for all, not a select few.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Moon you raise a good point about us wearing skirts and the risks we take. Here is something else to consider as well. What if something ever happens and one of us makes the news for whatever reason? Will the media use the fact that we wear skirts to make us appear as extreme nonconforming radicals? Oh they could sure have a field day with that tangent!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:12 pm"The Senate shall have the sole power to try all impeachments. When sitting for that purpose, they shall be on oath or affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no person shall be convicted without the concurrence of two thirds of the members present.
Right. The house impeaches, which is the referral of the individual for trial in the Senate. Other than that, they have no jurisdiction.

It is only the trial portion that can remove an office-holder from office. Note how Trump's first impeachment went.