Christmas greeting + PF 2021

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
miloshlavka
Distinguished Member

Christmas greeting + PF 2021

Post by miloshlavka »

I wish to all the Merry Christmas and the Happy New Year. Mainly the health (especially in these strange corona-times), happiness, and - especially to participants of this board - many nice kilts or others skirts, appropriate to their taste.

The English translation attempt of the poem used in the Christmas greeting (sorry, I'm not able to keep rhymes and rhytm of the Czech original):

Something's different. Different than it used to be,
and maybe it's too much for someone.
We stare at what was born to us,
that it grounded us all like that
and we had a hard time before Christmas.

Then maybe we will spend the holidays alone.
Where the crowd flowed, now spiders are crawling...
When these times, more than shaky, will be passed,
let's start asking. What to want to return back
and what to want to return is not desirable.

Czech original:

Něco je jinak. Jinak, než dřív bylo,
a na někoho je to možná moc.
Zíráme, cože se nám narodilo,
že nás to všechny takhle uzemnilo
a tvrdě nám tu hráblo do Vánoc.

Tak možná sami prožijeme svátky.
Kde proudil dav, teď lezou pavouci...
Až přejdou tyhle časy, víc než vratký,
snad začnem ptát se. Co chtít vrátit zpátky
a co chtít vracet neni žádoucí.

The poem is in the Christmas greeting mine, spreadable under Creative Commons BY 4.0 license.

The passage of text, used in the PF if from the song Дом Всех Святых (translit: Dom Vsekh Svyatykh, translation: House of All Saints) by Russian musician and poet Boris Grebenshchikov (Борис Гребенщиков, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Grebenshchikov). The photo used in the PF has been taken in the House No. 20 on Pfarrgasse in Freistadt (Upper Austria).
Everyone should be honest and prudent: to keep promises and, on principle, never to promise anything to anyone.
Sorry for my English. I try not to make spelling mistakes, but for this reason my writing is very slow.

Miloš H., Nový Knín, Central Bohemia
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Christmas greeting + PF 2021

Post by Fred in Skirts »

And a very Merry Chtistmas to you as well.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Well, In Moravia you're much more likely to get a white Christmas than we are,

Merry Christmas Milosh.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
miloshlavka
Distinguished Member

Post by miloshlavka »

Kirbstone wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:12 pm Well, In Moravia you're much more likely to get a white Christmas than we are,

Merry Christmas Milosh.

Tom
Thanks, thanks, thanks.
Only a little correction :D : I'm living in the Central Bohemiam Region (cca 40 km southern of Prague) - it's part of Bohemia, not Moravia (Moravia is the eastern part of the Czech Republic).
See more here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moravia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czech_Silesia
(But Your picture is more

But You're right, we're to get a white Christmas is in Moravia, Bohemia or Silesia then in Ireland - but I think not "much more" (except mountain areas) - climatic changes "are working" also in our land.
There is now the temperature higher then Celsius' zero (afternoon about +9°C, now about +4), no snow, of course :D . In the coming days it should cool down, night temperatures should be below freezing, daytime so two three degrees above (Celsius) zero. Snow cover in the lower positions (we are located about 320 meters above sea level) is therefore likely to be rather short-lived.
Such views
are already relatively rare.

But once more: sincere greetings to Ireland.

Miloš
Everyone should be honest and prudent: to keep promises and, on principle, never to promise anything to anyone.
Sorry for my English. I try not to make spelling mistakes, but for this reason my writing is very slow.

miloshlavka
Distinguished Member

Post by miloshlavka »

To Tom: Correction of my unfinished sentence in my last reply:

But Your picture is more responsible to Moravian (more exactly to South Moravian) conditions - the wine is more popular alcoholic drink in the Southern Moravia (this is not strange, this is an area where vineyards thrive), in some north-eastern parts of Moravia is popular e.g. plum brandy, the most popular alcoholic drink in Bohemia is beer.

Miloš

crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

What a beautiful picture of the town cloaked in fresh snow-fall. Magical!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
miloshlavka
Distinguished Member

Post by miloshlavka »

crfriend wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:10 pm What a beautiful picture of the town cloaked in fresh snow-fall. Magical!
Thanks!
But this picture isn't fresh - it has been taken 9th January 2010, more then ten years ago (almost eleven).

Miloš