Prayers for MoonShadow

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Prayers for MoonShadow

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:16 pmI bet it smelled really good while it was running!
Actually, very little. There was sufficient airflow so that dust could never settle on anything, and none of the parts really got hot enough for long enough to smell like anything. If you smelt anything from one of these it meant you had about 45 seconds before something would trip a breaker (if you were lucky) or have some serious damage (in which case the stink would be awful).

The nice warm "homey" smell that one gets from valve (tube) electronics is from the dust settling on the tubes. (And is something I miss in a crazy sort of way.)
I see you were still a waistcoat guy... :D
I still am, and have been since secondary school. The difference now is that I can afford fancier stuff!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Somehow completely missed this thread...

Glad to hear you are recovering well, Moon! Sounds like you've got a good one there taking care of you.

Well done with the paperclips, but you could probably make something more comfortable with rubber bands or elastic. I've seen some masks with elastic straps going all the way around the back, instead of just the ears, as well.

Carl, thanks for the picture, that looks like a neat machine. Can't say I'm surprised at computers running off three-phase, but I'd never seen one before. And I've seen a bit of old rack mount stuff...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Het. Moon, glad you are recovering. Just think that things could have been worse - it could have been on your nose! :lol:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Sinned wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:23 pm Het. Moon, glad you are recovering. Just think that things could have been worse - it could have been on your nose! :lol:
Mom had one there a few years back...

So far so good. Jenn doesn't see much healing, but I noticed no trace of blood on the dressing today, and it's starting to mildly itch off and on... no real pain to speak off, just a little tender to pressure...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Patience, Moon and the itching is a good sign.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

So sorry you had to endure all that. So glad it was so successful.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

I also missed this thread. I hope all goes well with you, Moon!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Thanks all!

Just to share...

https://www.shopwoundcare.com/p-a3m-mic ... tapes.html

^THAT is some hella tape! Easy to apply and sticks all day, even in such an imperfect surface as the back of an ear!

In the evening when I change the dressing, I have to pick at the tape for a bit just to get it started, but once started it peels right off. I'm just impressed with how well it holds up all day, as I was concerned that I'd be fighting with these bandages all day every day... NOPE! It stays in place...

Highly recommended for anyone's medicine cabinet!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I am glad you are doing great and the tape worked. I just ordered some for my use as I tend to get cuts and such a lot lately and needed some that would stay in place on my hands and fingers.
I also ordered some anaseptic wipes as well.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

moonshadow wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:22 am
Highly recommended for anyone's medicine cabinet!
Thanks. I will put it on my shopping list as I cut my hand on some roofing iron and went through 3 bandaids although I am a quick healer.
I had forgotten about that tape, I was introduced to it when I was living with a nurse decades ago. I imagined that it would also be good for wounds.

Moon, if all else fails:
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/5uQAAOSw ... s-l500.jpg
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Hopefully that's the exact same type I have. My roll was given to me by the dermatologist, but it looks the same.
-Andrea
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Micropore - marvelous. Used to only come in white but can get it in all sorts of colours now. MOH is allergic to conventional tape - micropore is the only one she can tolerate.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.