Prayers for MoonShadow

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Prayers for MoonShadow

Post by denimini »

No good me praying for you.
It would be a bit like using the tyre pump at a service station (gas station) without buying fuel.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Hi Moon and Jenn,
Some 5 years ago MOH lost a lump off one ear to probably the same thing. Being female it's easy to hide the slight deformity under hair. Anyway all is perfectly well with her ever since.

Wishing you a complete recovery Moon and Centuries of happy life together, both of you.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Thank you all.Aquarius one of our cats known as little kitty almost landed on his ear last night being a brat because she wanted to go outside.We both haven't had much sleep in two days.Tonight am putting her outside the bedroom and shutting the door so that Moon and I can get some decent sleep.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

denimini wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:54 amNo good me praying for you.
It would be a bit like using the tyre pump at a service station (gas station) without buying fuel.
I 'phoned moon last night and just to be a wise-arse opened up with, "How ya doin' Vinnie?"

He sounds good and is in good spirits, and we yapped for a while and traded war stories about the life of the guy in field service.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Back to work today and out and about...

And since I do genuinely care about other people's health and not spreading possible disease (and it's company policy to wear a mask...) I found a simple solution to keeping the mask band from irritating my ear...
20201211_091911_resize_57_compress35.jpg
Wasn't it MacGyver that could solve any problem with a paper clip??

:lol: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Dick Ackerman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dick Ackerman »

I am glad to hear everything is going well with your surgery. Never fear you will be back to normal quite soon. I had my right ear lob removed several years ago because of Basil cell cancer. I healed up quite quickly.
miloshlavka
Distinguished Member

Post by miloshlavka »

I, too, join in wishing you an early and complete recovery, Moon.
I hope all will be O.K.

Miloš
Everyone should be honest and prudent: to keep promises and, on principle, never to promise anything to anyone.
Sorry for my English. I try not to make spelling mistakes, but for this reason my writing is very slow.

Miloš H., Nový Knín, Central Bohemia
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Glad it seems to be going well Moon. Wishing you a speedy full recovery.
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

Fantastic to read everything is ok.

Been there, got similar in February.

Of all the types of "The Big C" to get, basal cell carcinoma is probably the best one to get. It takes *forever* to start metastasizing. And the Mohs procedure has a fantastic success rate.

The bad news is that since it's so easily gotten surgically, there's next to nothing for effective chemo-therapies.

Looks like you got it looked at a *lot* quicker than I did. I had put off getting mine looked at for several years, which would explain why they wound up taking out a round chunk of my scalp about 3cm across. When I heard the surgeon scrape at my skull, I did get a bit concerned, but those margin samples came back okay. 28 staples from the plastic surgeon later, and a bit of hair washing, I got a rather comical bandaging job. It looked like headgear for a gnome! I'll have to dig up the pictures.

Love the paperclip improvisation. Practicing the art of engineering! Huzzah!
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Moon will be fine guys I take good care of him.While am not given enough credit Moon has never not been okay.I always make sure he's got what he needs.Even though in a few weeks he turns 40 he turns into a softy when he's hurt or sick.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Moon's a lucky guy.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

crfriend wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:57 pm Moon's a lucky guy.
Thanks Carl I try
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Cleaned up Moons ear made me cry to see a big hole in his ear.It was bleeding but it's looking better now that I cleaned it up.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

JennC03 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:19 amCleaned up Moons ear made me cry to see a big hole in his ear.It was bleeding but it's looking better now that I cleaned it up.
It's just as well that you did it, because that's a difficult task for an individual to do to himself.

When Moon and I were chatting the other night, some commentary was made about three-phase power and when I brought up the notion of computers that drank 3-phase Moon was bit up a bit short as if he'd never heard of such a thing. In any event, here's a shot of one:

That's a Digital Equipment Corporation DECSYSTEM 2065 that we had for a while at my computer-history place in Providence. It was taken sometime in the 1990s outside the building we used to be in (we had to move in the early 2000s as we were creeping up on the utter economic collapse of 2008 and speculators/gamblers bought the old mill we were in). The computer had a 100 Amp power connector on it that was a big around as one's forearm (visible atop the machine just above the "D" in DECSYSTEM), and the machine type was so sensitive to power-glitches that it'd crash if it lost even 1/4 of a cycle of power. This was the sort of stuff I worked on from 1980 to 1983. Heavy metal indeed.

Needless to say, the image was exposed before I'd discovered the joy of skirts. I got a chuckle out of the shot and figured I'd share it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:46 pm That's a Digital Equipment Corporation DECSYSTEM 2065 that we had for a while at my computer-history place in Providence. It was taken sometime in the 1990s outside the building we used to be in (we had to move in the early 2000s as we were creeping up on the utter economic collapse of 2008 and speculators/gamblers bought the old mill we were in). The computer had a 100 Amp power connector on it that was a big around as one's forearm (visible atop the machine just above the "D" in DECSYSTEM), and the machine type was so sensitive to power-glitches that it'd crash if it lost even 1/4 of a cycle of power. This was the sort of stuff I worked on from 1980 to 1983. Heavy metal indeed.
I bet it smelled really good while it was running!
crfriend wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:46 pm Needless to say, the image was exposed before I'd discovered the joy of skirts. I got a chuckle out of the shot and figured I'd share it.
I see you were still a waistcoat guy... :D
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.