Annoyed

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Annoyed

Post by moonshadow »

Today while working in Tennessee, I am installing a disposer in a nursing home (a rather nasty project, dealing with a machine that grinds up food waste in what is considered "covid hot spots")

Anyway, I had to run across the street to Lowes to get some plumbing supplies, 2/3's of the customers walking around... no mask in sight. But such as it is in Tennessee.

I could write more, but I reserve some of my observations for discussions "off the record", suffice it to say that in 2046 when I finally retire and can loosen my tongue, I plan to write a book about all of the double standards and hypocritical bull sh!t I've witnessed in my life, but was forbidden to discuss these evils due to various reasons, not the least of which, my desire to not black ball myself....

I get the paper today and this...
20201203_212801_resize_14_compress40.jpg
Yes, "it is real", but when 80% of people don't seem to care, what can be done?

What annoys me about this, is the simple fact that most people here in Tennessee and southwestern Virginia think very highly of the current president.

It would be so easy for him to rally behind social distancing and mask wearing, and everyone doing their part to protect their neighbors and others... it would cost nothing...

Instead his Twitter feed is nothing but constant election fraud allegations...

Funny, he wants to be the president so bad, yet he seems to have zero desire to lead...

Dan, you asked why I didn't vote for Trump. These are a few of my favorite things....

Yes, some of his ideas were okay, but 2020 really brought out his true colors.

It would be so easy for him to support health precautions...

It would be so easy

It would be so easy

It would be so easy

It would be so easy.

Why won't he?

141 people died in Ballad Health Cares system in November. One out of six people admitted don't go home, they go in the refrigerated trailer out back.

If my father catches this he will die.

If my mothers husband catches this, he will die.

If my mother catches this, she may die.

Even my own wife and daughter have underlying health conditions, their survival is far from guaranteed, and I'm no young buck myself.

I have two high risk co workers

I have a grandma with COPD

My sister works in nursing

We have so many people on this site in high risk categories....

It would be so easy for him to support health precautions...

It would be so easy

It would be so easy

It would be so easy

It would be so easy.

Why won't he?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Annoyed

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:58 amWhy won't he?
Because it won't fatten the oligarch's wallets.

The call is not his to make, even if he was intelligent enough and integral enough to make it. It would be roughly the same as it would be with H. Clinton at the helm.

Sorry for the dark tone. It's been a bad 16 hours.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Understood,

I'm not asking for them to ram a stimulus through, or pass any other sort of aid, I'm not even asking for an apology. I just want him to preach to his flock to "TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY".

He just.... won't.

And thousands are dying every day because of it.
crfriend wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:07 am Sorry for the dark tone. It's been a bad 16 hours.
Dark? If I lose my mother or my wife over this... you haven't seen dark... I've got a shade of dark that would terrify the Satan himself!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Amen.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Now I see Biden is going to push to make everyone wear a mask for a hundred days.

Grrrrreeeeat..... now the whole f--king south will burn theirs out of spite.

Mom and I were discussing this yesterday, and we both agreed:

"Just f--k it all! Let everyone do whatever the hell they want, open everything back up, party hard, let's sneeze and cough in each other's faces, blow our nose and then shake hands afterwards...

JUST LET IT ALL BURN DOWN!"

I struggle to have empathy for this situation, when I read the reports of people dying, I dislike it, but what can I say... let's face it, WE ASKED FOR THIS!
-Andrea
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

The trouble with letting everyone do what the hell they want is that, while it clears the ground of a lot of "dead wood" so to speak, they take down an awful lot of people who don't subscribe to it. The Darwin Principle at work, sure, but maybe just that step too far?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

How did we ask for this. 2 things about what is going on

first take a look at the 1975 movie Roller Ball

and for those who supported Biden Big brother is coming
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Takeaways from the past "election" in the US:
  • The incumbent lost the "election" -- fair and square.
  • The general population -- better than 99% -- lost the "election"
  • The oligarchs -- perhaps as little as 0.001% -- won.
How is this not registering?

There have been precisely no verifiable claims of outright election fraud in this (it being rigged before ever being held by virtue who was allowed to stand). This has been verified time and again.

Procedurally, the election system is carefully monitored, both by partisan and non-partisan observers -- including many from other nations who are trying to learn. The actual process is a masterpiece of transparency and reliability. The November election is not where the chicanery took place; thus, the formal process can go off in an entirely transparent fashion and under careful scrutiny. It's the fact that the results don't mean anything because all the candidates standing for election are in the pockets of the same players; the genius is that no matter who "wins" the "election" the paymasters get their way -- and this is where the rage should be focused, not court battles to try to rejig an honest count.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

oldsalt1 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:29 pm How did we ask for this.
Back in March, when it mattered...

We could have voluntarily done the right thing.... instead we bucked every single guideline, and suggestion.

It's not just the MAGA crowd oldsalt, yes I'm talking about the protesters and rioters too... all of them.

Nobody took this seriously back when it could have made a difference...

Now a quarter million dead.

And I just wanted to know, why can't our leader (the POTUS) step up and rally his followers to follow health guidelines to help get a handle on this...? It would cost NOTHING...Just a few moments of his time.

He says wants to be the leader.....

WELL LEAD DAMN IT! :x

Can he not walk a chew bubble gum at the same time??

Can he not investigate his charges of election fraud while tweeting about taking the pandemic seriously?

What would it cost?

It is what it is.
-Andrea
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Okay...

I just have one simple question for Dan, Al, Fred, and any of the other hard-core Trump supporters...

Simple question here, simple yes or no answer..

Is there ANYTHING that Trump can do or not do to draw your criticism?

To be clear, I DO NOT mean to "cost your support", no, I simply want to know if you believe that man is truly without fault or error, in any regard whatsoever?

I just want to know, the sentiment if the people I'm arguing with.
-Andrea
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

There is no way that President Trump is without fault . There are a lot of things that he has done that I flat out don't like

To start off with he is a New Yorker and acts like one. That in its self is enough to set off many people.

But look at what he has accomplished Do I have to restate my list from Daves blog,

CR keeps throwing out the term Oligarchs. which is a true statement about many of those in power.

But if anything electing Biden has reaffirmed their (the Oligarchs) control of things.

In all of this the one who has been correct is George only he was 36 years to early
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

oldsalt1 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:22 pm To start off with he is a New Yorker and acts like one. That in its self is enough to set off many people.
:lol: Fair enough Dan, I can respect that.

And I'd like to reiterate, I don't hate the man. Every now and then he does something I think is reasonable. He pulled one today as a matter of fact.

He just has so much sway with his base, they hang on his every word, why not use that influence for good? Why not encourage people to take proper health precautions? We could eliminate this pandemic without a vaccine, if only we had a leader bold enough to take the stand.
-Andrea
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

moonshadow wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:19 pm Okay...

I just have one simple question for Dan, Al, Fred, and any of the other hard-core Trump supporters...
Simple question here, simple yes or no answer..
[/i]Is there ANYTHING that Trump can do or not do to draw your criticism?[/i]
To be clear, I DO NOT mean to "cost your support", no, I simply want to know if you believe that man is truly without fault or error, in any regard whatsoever?
No man is without fault!! Yes he has said things and done things I don't agree with but then again he has done more good than bad. (See Dan's list). I agree he could have called for more masks to be worn. But with what he was fighting it is a miracle he was able to get anything done. Remember he was fighting "The nancy" and shumer as well as a very hate filled press while trying to run the country. So yes I voted for him both times.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

oldsalt1 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:22 pmCR keeps throwing out the term Oligarchs. which is a true statement about many of those in power.
Yes I do, and that's because of the way the machine is observed to be operating.

I like the use of the term "many". The ones in power are not necessarily oligarcs themselves -- in point of fact most aren't -- but they are beholden, and therein lies the problem. How many members of congress are beholden, my guess is at least 67% of them in both houses. The Supreme Court is sewn up and has been for decades.
But if anything electing Biden has reaffirmed their (the Oligarchs) control of things.
Let's watch and see how many actual changes get made to effective operational policy in Biden's term. My money is on that nothing of substance will change -- any more than anything of substance changed when Cheney/Dubya morphed into Obama/Biden. In 2024, the super-rich will be richer still, and what's left will be impoverished and struggling.
In all of this the one who has been correct is George only he was 36 years to early
Bush the First actually made a lot of sense when he was running against Reagan in 1980, and I rather liked his message. I especially liked the use of the term "Voodoo Economics" -- which was an entirely accurate way to describe "tirckle-down" economics, whcih had been tried before in the US in the 1920s and led to a massive crash -- which is where we're headed again. Unfortunately, when Bush the First ascended the throne he "forgot" his original stance and continued the same failed policies. The country might have been able to turn the corner had he not capitualated, but history shows he didn't, and that gets us to where we are now.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by crfriend » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:44 pm

oldsalt1 wrote: ↑Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:22 pm
CR keeps throwing out the term Oligarchs. which is a true statement about many of those in power.

Yes I do, and that's because of the way the machine is observed to be operating.

Unfortunately, when Bush the First ascended the throne he "forgot" his original stance and continued the same failed policies. The country might have been able to turn the corner had he not capitualated, but history shows he didn't, and that gets us to where we are now.
Carl, you seem to have lost your logical consistency here: To follow the Oligarch line that they control the outcomes regardless of candidates is something I too have preached for years; but that also implies that the elected "cheerleader" has some real power -- they do not -- George B could no more have made real systemic changes than you or I. Obama, and the few others that were not fully clued in at the onset tried -- and were quickly informed of their limits, lest they wanted to suffer grievous harm to self or family.

The parties and players do have some latitude to play with the window dressing, and that has been where most of us commoners have found some comfort, but forget about the Congress making any real differences -- as you said, the Oligarchs called the game before it started.

This same concept should give OS, Fred, and the other Trump supporters considerable comfort -- Biden is no more big brother than Trump, and can't be.