Voting Machine Problems

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Voting Machine Problems

Post by moonshadow »

I just got off the phone with a very pleasant lady at the West Virginia Chamber of Commerce, I called the Tennessee chamber too, but had to leave a message.

It was regarding the decision of the AG of 17 states in particular (WV and TN being among them) in their move to flat out toss mailed in ballots in 4 key states.

The conversation was respectful, and hearing what she had to say gave me pause.

More on that later... tune in tonight! :mrgreen:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:58 pmIt was regarding the decision of the AG of 17 states in particular (WV and TN being among them) in their move to flat out toss mailed in ballots in 4 key states.
Well, if that gambit is successful it'll be a compelling signal to the United States that our vote counts for nothing and to the entire world that the United States is neither a democratic republic nor a representative government. It will also be the last "election" held here. In short, it'll be a black day.

And to think the US could have been rid of Texas in the 1860s...
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

From my point of view your election system is far too complex. Each state having its own set of rules and standards is turning into a bit of a disaster. Allows too much wiggle room and interpretation. If all states had the same methodology then there's clarity. You now have state against state and the likelihood of everything being sorted by the 20th January 2021 gets more remote by the day. Vote for members of the two houses and whoever gets the most seats in the lower house gets to choose the president or elicit votes for the president as a separate issue. Similar to what we have. The Electoral College seems a complexity too far although it may actually save the situation this time around. Having courts intervene in political areas is worrying as we have had courts intervene over here. Quite frankly it is turning your country into a bit if a laughing stock. All over one petulant man who wants the presidency too badly which really makes him completely unsuitable for the role. The impression I get is that he has done very little to raise the status of the US in the eyes of the world and he is killing off, through action and inaction, an increasing number of US citizens every day. And I'm not convinced that he got CV-19 all those many months ago.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

moonshadow wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:58 pm I just got off the phone with a very pleasant lady at the West Virginia Chamber of Commerce, I called the Tennessee chamber too, but had to leave a message.

It was regarding the decision of the AG of 17 states in particular (WV and TN being among them) in their move to flat out toss mailed in ballots in 4 key states.

It seems the Supreme Court rejected the lawsuit, that Texas lacked standing to pursue the case.

So that is about 50 of these lawsuits rejected. Some of them by judges appointed by trump. I think one of them succeeded in a minor way, but I'm not sure which one.

A lot of people are saying that the Texas AG has some legal issues of his own, and that he might find a pardon useful.. Where might he get one of those?
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Guys
I am like many from this side of the pond and totally baffled by the American electoral system.
My following of it has been largely superficial so the next questions may seem a tad naive but hare goes.
I probably know even less about your legal system but how the hell did Texas think it could bring some litigation to bear on these other state?
Seems to me that is tantamount to the UK trying something similar on some of the other members of the European Union.
This is more speculative, what chaos would have likely ensued had it been brought successfully?
Most respectfully, I'd appreciate some input from both sides of your all too obvious divide.
One which I hope can be healed very soon for the sake of ALL your nation.
Steve.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

partlyscot wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:27 am
So that is about 50 of these lawsuits rejected. Some of them by judges appointed by trump. I think one of them succeeded in a minor way, but I'm not sure which one.
I think the one that won allowed observers to stand 6 feet away rather than 10 feet away from the vote counting.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

partlyscot wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:27 am
moonshadow wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:58 pm I just got off the phone with a very pleasant lady at the West Virginia Chamber of Commerce, I called the Tennessee chamber too, but had to leave a message.

It seems the Supreme Court rejected the lawsuit, that Texas lacked standing to pursue the case.

A lot of people are saying that the Texas AG has some legal issues of his own, and that he might find a pardon useful.. Where might he get one of those?
I expected the SCOTUS to reject the case, however the damage has been done to the reputation of our electoral system. Now that every possible court, including many Trump appointee judges have REJECTED Trumps claims widespread fraud, will his supporters accept the outcome?

NOPE!

So I'm going to say it, and it's going to offend, but it is what it is...

The current GOP, lead by Donald Trump is the biggest threat to American democracy, probably in the history of the U.S. Yes, I have some conservative viewpoints that I've shared on this site in the past, but know this, it will be a cold day in hell before I ever support another republican candidate again.

The GOP used to be a reasonably respectable party.... no more.

And I made sure Morgan Griffith, the republican congressman who serves in my district knew this yesterday.

The stunt they pulled could have been taken right out of the playbook of a fascist regime such as North Korea.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

partlyscot wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:27 amIt seems the Supreme Court rejected the lawsuit, that Texas lacked standing to pursue the case.
That's the best news I've heard in a very long time indeed. Perhaps now they will stay out of future elections, unless it's to help clean up the mess at the primary layer.

Every once in a while cooler heads prevail, and it looks like this was one of those times. The question is, though, "Was this a self-serving decision, or a decision for the good of the nation?" -- and we'll not have an answer to that for decades.

I can well imagine little Donny, though, pitching a wild tantrum whilst shrieking about disloyalty and how the three members of the Supreme Court that he hand-picked for loyalty went against Him.

Maybe now we can move on from this, although I suspect it's going to be another 4 or 8 years of Cheney/Dubya. Recall that Biden was in the co-pilot's seat for the second eight years of that debacle which resulted from the Supreme Court getting entangled in an election in 2000. Of note that his cabinet is stiff with many of the old line from 2009 - 2016.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:37 pm I can well imagine little Donny, though, pitching a wild tantrum whilst shrieking about disloyalty and how the three members of the Supreme Court that he hand-picked for loyalty went against Him.
On no... little Donny isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I still wonder what other tricks he and the totalitarian party [0] (formally known as the "GOP") have up their sleeves?

In any event, he may have lost the Whitehouse, but he won the souls of millions of people, and I mean that literally. The rascal actually formed a new religion, and religions can last millenia.

Trumpianity may even outlast the U.S.

So did he really lose? I mean really, when one is regarded as a living God, does he really lose?
crfriend wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:37 pm Maybe now we can move on from this, although I suspect it's going to be another 4 or 8 years of Cheney/Dubya
I'll take it... it's not ideal, but it's better than what we've had to endure these last four years.

[0] The totalitarian party, abbreviated to T.P.

Seems appropriate.... perhaps "SCTP" which stands for... :twisted:
-Andrea
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:52 pmSeems appropriate.... perhaps "SCTP" which stands for... :twisted:
The Supreme Court of Toilet Paper?

Seriously, though, folks really need to back off and look at the situation from above the trees. The trees aren't the problem, it's that the forest is in the wrong place. Both "parties" represent the same individuals, so everything else that's swirling around is merely for show and to keep folks from cottoning onto the fact that they've been had.

The elites don't care who's in power because they own both "parties"; so idiocy like what we're witnessing has become part of the circus of distraction. And, yes, the place has become more totalitarian -- but that's been in process since 1980, longer than many people have been alive. The world of today is vastly more hard-line than it was fifty years ago, and I don't find it a nice place to live any longer. I am quite thankful I do not have any progeny.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

crfriend wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:37 pm
moonshadow wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:52 pmSeems appropriate.... perhaps "SCTP" which stands for... :twisted:
The Supreme Court of Toilet Paper?

Seriously, though, folks really need to back off and look at the situation from above the trees. The trees aren't the problem, it's that the forest is in the wrong place. Both "parties" represent the same individuals, so everything else that's swirling around is merely for show and to keep folks from cottoning onto the fact that they've been had.

The elites don't care who's in power because they own both "parties"; so idiocy like what we're witnessing has become part of the circus of distraction. And, yes, the place has become more totalitarian -- but that's been in process since 1980, longer than many people have been alive. The world of today is vastly more hard-line than it was fifty years ago, and I don't find it a nice place to live any longer. I am quite thankful I do not have any progeny.
Yes!!!!!!!!! So very true. Time for the sheep to awaken.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

They have us distracted and divided.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:37 pm The Supreme Court of Toilet Paper?
Sh!t covered toilet paper.

And it looks as though I was right... again...

It ain't over... now the sleazeball is trying to pull some stunt with some 1877 law on Jan 6th to secure his victory.

My level of disgust for that so called "man" always manages to find a new low.

We've gotta get rid of that damned electoral college SOON! We've had just too many close calls.
-Andrea
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

He will dredge the bottom of the barrel before he is eventually evicted! The scenario of him being physically bodily picked up and carried out of the White House kicking and screaming becomes more of a possibility. He says that the US becomes an embarrassment because of the fraud in the election system. No, the embarrassment is in the actions of one man throwing a major tantrum and that a country could actually elect such a man to such a position of power. Does anyone really believe that he won the election apart from DT? Roll on 2021.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Sinned wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:34 pm Does anyone really believe that he won the election apart from DT?
Yes, pretty much everyone who voted for him, everyone that lives in Appalachia, 95% of former Republicans (they are more accurately called Totalitarians now, or Trumpians... take your pick, both start with a "T" anyway...), that right wing propaganda machine better known as "NewsMax", I'd say a a handful of members here likely still do too, they're just holding their tongue at the moment, likely because the simple logic and facts of the situation are screaming in their faces. But brainwashed stains don't come out easy, and cults are difficult to break free from...

The real tragedy here is Americans lost a reasonable right wing, people like myself who seek small government when possible, do not approve of a $15 min wage, pro-life, support law enforcement officers, etc, have nowhere to turn now. We must either vote for a candidate that is contrary to everything I've just mentioned, or vote for a party ran by a flat out fascist authoritarian dictator. And make no mistake, even after Trump's departure, He still rules the Republican, Totalitarian party and whoever runs in '24 will be hand picked by Him, or likely will be Him.

Moscow Mitch will not do ANYTHING without His Magesty's direct approval. The Trump days are here to stay.

As for these mail in ballots being fraudulent, anyone who believes that is full of sh!t. I've got a mailer with me sent from the Virginia GOP about a month before election URGING ME TO VOTE BY MAIL!

Screenshot_20201213-092943_Gallery_resize_62_compress90.jpg
What a bunch of hypocrites!

Now what do you think would have happened if Virginia decided this election? Would Trump be trying to throw out all mailed in ballots in Virginia like he's doing Pennsylvania, Georgia, and the rest?

Or just the ones that voted for Biden?

You all know damned well what would happen!

Down with the GOP! :x
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Andrea