Voting Machine Problems

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Voting Machine Problems

Post by crfriend »

Democrats & Republicans -- horns on the same bull.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Over here we are getting the news that His Emminence The Great Dictator is planning on using an alternate slate of electors who would vote for him. Surely that can't be right or legal? As I understand it the EC electors are chosen by the state not HEetc. Since they are voting today this point may be moot. Is there anything He won't try?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:38 pmIs there anything He won't try?
No, there is nothing He won't try to hold onto the reins of power. However, the nation has told him otherwise and so he's pitching an infantile tantrum of the sort one usually sees in store aisles rather than in the halls of power.

But, these are unusual times.

I stand by my comment about horns on the same bull. The problem isn't the horns; the problem is the bull.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

He seems to be a member of the set "wanting to be a member automatically disqualifies you from being a member". It seems that when Biden does get sworn in all this brouhaha has seriously tainted your electoral process and has shown up not only the strengths but much more importantly the weaknesses. Trump's search for ways to subvert the electoral process has certainly been thorough but has made it all a laughing stock to the rest of the world. Or certainly over here. I cam across this article on msn.com https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/el ... li=BBoPWjQ. The article does say at the end that it is likely to fail but the fact that He can actually do it is sad for your country. The damage to the Republican Party could be huge, especially in the inevitable wash-up and investigations afterwards. Trump could, politically, end up really damaged from this. I know that He is flavour of the month and it may seems unlikely now but people's minds and attitudes can change very quickly when some of the skeletons come out. And He will have them. Lots of them. I hope that He can't pardon Himself and He's leaving a bit late to step down and let Pence take over to pardon Him. Oh what a tangled web we weave when ere we practice to deceive.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:25 pmHe seems to be a member of the set "wanting to be a member automatically disqualifies you from being a member".
Well, He has lost the biggest shiniest toy in the playpen. That's all that's happened.
It seems that when Biden does get sworn in all this brouhaha has seriously tainted your electoral process and has shown up not only the strengths but much more importantly the weaknesses.
All of those were already known, and if the place had been smart it'd have done away with the Electoral College in the 1860s. (Actually, if we'd have been really smart in the 1860s we'd have let the Confederacy go and retained trading rights -- then the entire embarrassment that we've been undergoing in the last 60 years would have been "somebody else's problem". Contemplate the US without the nightmare of the entire embarrassing Civil Rights movement which ethically should never have happened.)
Trump's search for ways to subvert the electoral process has certainly been thorough but has made it all a laughing stock to the rest of the world.
There will be those who disagree with me, but I'd posit that the US was a laughing-stock well before He ascended the throne.

On the last days of El Heffe, I can still see him being led out of the White House in handcuffs by armed Secret Service personnel.

Even if he quits now and gets Pence to grant him a full pardon, that'll only cover federal charges, and there are quite a few states that are interested in their pound of flesh once he leaves the protective umbrella of office (which may be one of the reasons he's trying to hang so tenaciously onto it).

As is said, "It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings.", and so it remains. There is one last-gasp measure He's tying to invoke, but even his own party members are leaving the sinking ship in large numbers (and I hope there are no lifeboats).

We need to take the bull down and not worry about the horns. Those can go on some Texan's outsized Cadillac hood.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Sinned wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:25 pm The damage to the Republican Party could be huge, especially in the inevitable wash-up and investigations afterwards.
The Republican party is dead, what replaced it is the party of Trump. Republicans couldn't be further from the party of Lincoln, and whatever you want to call this fascist party today, is clearly the biggest threat to American democracy...

BTW, dad was ranting... again... over how "Biden stole this election..." I just ignore it anymore... It's religion now.
crfriend wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:53 pm There is one last-gasp measure He's tying to invoke, but even his own party members are leaving the sinking ship in large numbers (and I hope there are no lifeboats).
Whom? All the reports I hear of are of a solid Trumpian party, with the exception of a brave Republican here or there, it seems 99% of "Republicans" are all in for Trump... from the Joe Six Pack voter to pretty much every GOP politician...
crfriend wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:53 pm On the last days of El Heffe, I can still see him being led out of the White House in handcuffs by armed Secret Service personnel.
It looks as though that may very well happen.

So be it.... throw his sh!t out on da sidewalk!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.