Some of my art

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Yonkas
Distinguished Member

Some of my art

Post by Yonkas »

Hi, everybody. Now for a change of pace.

I hope you don't mind me sharing some art I have made. I wasn't sure where to put this, since it is related to male unbifurcated garments, but I thought the safest place was here, even though, technically, it isn't off-topic.

I actually work male unbifurcated garments into my art, quite I bit. I draw a lot of fantasy, and often create fantastical creatures (some of which are male) that wear beautiful clothing (in my opinion). These outfits I design would be ideal for me to wear, but it definitely is beyond my financial means to commission any. Besides, where would I wear any of them?

If you have art related to skirts for men (or males, since, these aren't really men), you are welcome to share it, here, too.

Thanks for taking a look, and I am sorry if it was inappropriate to post this, here.

The last 5 images are from a story I am writing (slowly).
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Some of my art

Post by john62 »

The pictures look great, much more fun and interesting than American politics. Unfortunately I failed stick figures at school, anyone with your skills I admire.
.John
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

john62 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:43 pmThe pictures look great, much more fun and interesting than American politics. Unfortunately I failed stick figures at school, anyone with your skills I admire.
Indeed!

Aside from draughting and technical drawing I have managed to produce but one single cogent freehand image. Blessed be the artists!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Very cool drawings! I wish I had such talent.
Yonkas wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:34 pm I am sorry if it was inappropriate to post this, here.
Nonsense! More of this... less of that other stuff that dominates the internet!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Yonkas
Distinguished Member

Post by Yonkas »

john62 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:43 pm The pictures look great, much more fun and interesting than American politics. Unfortunately I failed stick figures at school, anyone with your skills I admire.
.John
Thank you!

The funny thing is, I started drawing (and writing again) because of all the political nonsense happening.

I wish people would stop being so ugly, but I will say no more about that, here, for fear of turning this into yet another political discussion.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I believe that where there's art... there's still hope.

It shows that there are still people out there with souls.

Thank you, and please keep it coming!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Yonkas
Distinguished Member

Post by Yonkas »

crfriend wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:00 am Aside from draughting and technical drawing I have managed to produce but one single cogent freehand image. Blessed be the artists!
Wow, a blessing! Thanks! :)
moonshadow wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:12 am Very cool drawings! I wish I had such talent.
Thanks! You should have seen what that fox character looked like, when I first started drawing again *shudder*.
Nonsense! More of this... less of that other stuff that dominates the internet!
Well, all right, then :) Here's are two old images with MUGs:

And the rest are new, but I there are no more ones with MUGs worth showing.

And then, uh...something of a different flavor I drew after talking with stupid people, today.

Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

I am going to enjoy this thread. I suspect we have some other talented MIS sitting on the sidelines with neat stuff to share too? Thanks Yonkas for sharing.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Wow, these are very beautiful drawing! Awesome! :)
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Generally I'm not so taken by this kind of art, but I'M IMPRESSED!

Well done! I'm looking forward to your future contributions.

Thank you for sharing.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

True artistic talent come only to a few but it has surly landed squarely in your hands. You are indeed a very talented artist.
Please keep them coming and also please add excerpts from your book as if this is the art then the story has to be as interesting. :D :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

I second that! More of them please You should think about an exhibition.
I can’t begin to imagine what it looks like inside your head though🤡
:roll:
Yonkas
Distinguished Member

Post by Yonkas »

Faldaguy wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:06 am I am going to enjoy this thread. I suspect we have some other talented MIS sitting on the sidelines with neat stuff to share too? Thanks Yonkas for sharing.
You're welcome. I hope that if others have artistic talent, they'll share their art, too.
Pdxfashionpioneer wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:09 am Generally I'm not so taken by this kind of art, but I'M IMPRESSED!

Well done! I'm looking forward to your future contributions.

Thank you for sharing.
Thanks.
Fred in Skirts wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:26 pm True artistic talent come only to a few but it has surly landed squarely in your hands. You are indeed a very talented artist.
Please keep them coming and also please add excerpts from your book as if this is the art then the story has to be as interesting. :D :D
It's interesting, for sure. Just not very well written at the moment :(
Shilo wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:40 am I second that! More of them please You should think about an exhibition.
I can’t begin to imagine what it looks like inside your head though🤡
Spirou003 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:58 am Wow, these are very beautiful drawing! Awesome! :)
Thank you for the kind words!
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

The story is what’s important. An editor can tidy it up for you if necessary. Some of the most popular authors in the world by their own admission are not the best writers. Don’t worry unless you’ve got your sights on a Nobel prize
:roll:
Yonkas
Distinguished Member

Post by Yonkas »

Shilo wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:52 am The story is what’s important. An editor can tidy it up for you if necessary. Some of the most popular authors in the world by their own admission are not the best writers. Don’t worry unless you’ve got your sights on a Nobel prize
That's true, I guess. The problem is not a matter of it being rough around the edges. It's that I will probably end up almost completely overhauling it. Also, I am currently embarrassed by what I wrote, so there's that :).