Update on my Wife

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Update on my Wife

Post by Sinned »

Ah, that's the best news so far this year. At least she is in a safe place where you can take care of her and spend this last period together without having to worry about getting permission to visit.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

That's great news, Al. I'm happy to hear it. Here's hoping for the best!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I am so happy for the both of you! Now you can be together for the new year and celebrate.

I am still praying for the both of you..

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Uncle Al wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:13 am She Is Home ! ! ! !
:hooray: :bounce: :hooray: :bounce: :hooray: :bounce: :hooray:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Great. What a good start for the new year for you both. I hope things get better as they improve this year :)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

I'm not in a good place :!:

New Diagnosis = Rapid Onset Parkinson's = Not Good :(

I can see her declining almost daily, if not weekly :(

Uncle Al
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Al, Deb...
What a horrid year for you. I do hope you may be in a better spot than you feel -- I think the Herman Memorial Medical Center is one of the early adapters of deep brain stimulation for Parkinsons; a friend just went that route with good results. Isn't ROP hereditary? Family history that may help? Keep your wits and hopes up; the guys around this site will be sending prayers and light your way.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Al,

I am so sorry to hear this, it causes me much pain and to wish I was next door so that I could be there for you and Deb.

I am sending prayers your way. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Well, I guess it's time for an update on my wife.

She has good days and bad days(mentally). She tells me each day that she loves me,
yet asks if I love her. I feed her meals to her as she can't hold a spoon or any other eating
utensil. She hasn't been out of bed since she came home December 31st. She still passes
out if she sits up-right for even a short time. Some days she talks to 'people' that aren't
there, asks me how old I am, she needs to get to school, etc. She loses the fact that she's
retired and how old she is. This happens at least once a week.

A never ending circle of events in the life of a caregiver-husband.
If it wasn't for my DVD collection(and Youtube) - where I can 'zone-out' for a bit - I'm not sure if,
mentally, I could take much more of this. Any quiet time I get is beneficial to my sanity.

[Any time I get to read and interact here at S.C. is great too :!: :) ]

But, Life Goes On! 😃

Uncle Al
Kilted Organist/Musician
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Al, I am glad to hear Deb has some good days. But I am worried about your health as well both physically and mentally. Caring for a loved one who is bed ridden and has Alzheimer's is not an easy life even for those in the peak of health. And your health is not the best, so please take care of yourself as well..

I am still praying for you and Deb..

Fred
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Not an easy road for either of you but you are lucky to have each other regardless.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Hola Uncle Al;
Except for those few who have been there 24/7 I don't think any of us can truly understand the great love and burden you bear. Like Fred, I do hope you have some relief beyond the frivolities of SK. I have no first hand knowledge of TX -- save passing through it IAH and DFW all too often, but in some States there are Sr. Services that can often provide leads to help and assistance. Listen to Fred because love goes a long ways, but your mind and body need some respite too, to keep it up. Many of us here will continue holding you both in the light, and prayer. Keep well.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

My mum has Parkinson's, it is a horrible disease. You are in my thoughts.
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Uncle Al wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:50 pm Well, I guess it's time for an update on my wife.

She has good days and bad days(mentally). She tells me each day that she loves me,
yet asks if I love her. I feed her meals to her as she can't hold a spoon or any other eating
utensil. She hasn't been out of bed since she came home December 31st. She still passes
out if she sits up-right for even a short time. Some days she talks to 'people' that aren't
there, asks me how old I am, she needs to get to school, etc. She loses the fact that she's
retired and how old she is. This happens at least once a week.

A never ending circle of events in the life of a caregiver-husband.
If it wasn't for my DVD collection(and Youtube) - where I can 'zone-out' for a bit - I'm not sure if,
mentally, I could take much more of this. Any quiet time I get is beneficial to my sanity.

[Any time I get to read and interact here at S.C. is great too :!: :) ]

But, Life Goes On! 😃

Uncle Al
In short, the answer posed by your wife is for outstanders answered by the support given by you.
Such maladies are energy consuming, I have full respect for those who don't run away from that task (as I haven't done when my late ex was diagnosed with cancer). In the end - after she had sent me away and filed for divorce - I learned that she deemed it necessary to still prove herself and as she told her former mother in law a month before her decease, she had only married me for conception of childeren.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Another Update: July 26, 2021

Watching a S L O W but steady decline. Some days are great 😃 but are getting a bit
farther in between. She's having more pain, all over. She says she can't see, only shadows.
I keep Music Choice Easy Listening playing on the TV in her room. Her limbs are starting
to become more rigid, not as flexible as before.
Time is the evil one here, not knowing how much we have left. I don't tell her much
about her brother's family issues(Covid, etc) so as not to upset her.
One Day At A Time, sweet Jesus. (The Song). 🙏

Uncle Al
Kilted Organist/Musician
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

UA; What a dreadful and draining withdrawal from life for both of you. I do hope you've access to suitable pain meds to help ease the physical aspects some. When Pa lost so much of his vision that he could no longer read, do even large print Sudoku or see TV -- the State library offered a books on tape with a simple devise he can operate -- they send him a couple of tapes of 8 books on each via mail and he spends hours chuckling away as he sits in his chair listening -- they even work with his hearing aids -- it opened a bit more of the world to him again.

My admiration for your vigilance and compassion and her strength. Your presence alone is love personified, and soul soothing.