Anyone know any good scar removing remedies?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
trdrl92

Anyone know any good scar removing remedies?

Post by trdrl92 »

Last summer I took a fall and suffered a nasty gash in my leg. It left me with an ugly scar that is noticeable from a mile away. Almost a year later and it’s still there right above my shin. Does anyone have any tips to make it less noticeable in the long run, or maybe even how to make it go away forever?
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Anyone know any good scar removing remedies?

Post by r.m.anderson »

Depends a lot on the injury - - -
See a skin doctor for professional advice - perhaps plastic surgery on the expensive end ?
Wearing tights (PH) would help mask it ?
Sun tanning might help - but on the other hand make it more pronounced ?

For males skin abnormalities are not so much a factor as it is for females in appearance !

Sorry I previously posted in another thread of yours about "Great Legs" but then you did
not show the injury and I did not know about it.

Still yet I think you could pass with sheer tights (panty hose) maybe even knee high sox.
I really think that the passing public is going to notice the skirt well before the skin injury
at least so much in that the skirt is denim and almost invisible - stay away from radical
vibrant colors.

The skin doctor is stepping out off his soap box - your experiences may vary (YMMV) !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

I am sorry to have to tell you that the shin is a bad place to get a scar, I got one about 5 years ago, and it's only the last year or so that I can tell it's fading out.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Vitamin E helps. Use both externally directly on the scar and take it as a capsule. Still a slow process.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Bio Oil (available in supermarkets here) and also Vitamin E creams definitely rejuvenate and minimise scar tissue and help healing.

cheers
NZF
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

The other approach is to simply acknowledge the fact that it's there and wear it with pride because it's going to be part of you for some time to come.

I recall commenting to my late ex- one time I managed to do something nasty to a leg (it happens from time to time) and she told me that the gals go through it all the time and most simply ignore it. This is fine if you're not a super-model -- and very few, if any, of us are.

It'll fade with time. If I look carefully, I still have the vestiges of one I picked up when trying to lift a too-heavy computer out of the back of my car several years ago. At that moment, I thought my short skirt days were over; however, last week in the midst of an early-summer (almost) heat-wave wore one of my miniskirts and a camisole-as-outerwear to the vestiges of my local and got informed that I looked "wonderful" -- scar and all.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

After suffering a tibial plateau fracture 10 years ago, I have two 5 inch scars from the surgery to reassemble the jigsaw puzzle...

Scars are difficult, and probably expensive to try to remove. Many of us wear our scars with pride, as if to tell the world what you've overcome, that you've beaten it.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Scars are a badge of honor!!! I have several that I received many years ago both on my legs and 1 on my arm. Over the last 30 years or so they have gradually faded and the one on my arm is no longer even visible. So don't fret over spilt skin. :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I hope it is not the beginning of: If you show me your scar, I will show mine.

In 1976 I had a motorbike accident. I slipped and I got the right hand cylinderhead of my BMW 600 on my right ankle. It was quite serious and in the hospital they had to do some work to get everything where it needed to be. To do so they had to make a new cut to reach muscle tissue. It left quite a scar but it is getting fainter by the year. Only to be more visible when I get some suntan. I see it as added character to the body.
20200627_134753q.jpg
A friend once got a hedge trimmer against his tigh. It left a sort of zig-zag scar. He was a fanatic surf boarder so everybody at the beach assumed it was a shark attack. In the end he gave up explaining.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak