It's all about "sex"

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: It's all about "sex"

Post by Kirbstone »

It's hard to avoid all this because every channel in the world is full of it.

To my mind Trump is indefensible, but sadly he's still odds-on to get re-elected, so the Biden voters may well have to put up with another four years of trumpery.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I see that Trump has tried to shut down an immigration programme for children called DACA ( Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals ) but the Supreme Court has just said that he can't do it which has upset him. I wonder how much more damage he can do between now and November?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Kirbstone wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:58 pmIt's hard to avoid all this because every channel in the world is full of it.
Yes, it's as if every rivulet, arroyo, and gulch is over-topping its banks with raw sewage. I wish the cops would show up an put an end to it.
To my mind Trump is indefensible, but sadly he's still odds-on to get re-elected, so the Biden voters may well have to put up with another four years of trumpery.
If the electorate doesn't wake up and pitch both of the "major parties" out this time I suspect there won't be another chance -- and that's if there even is an "election" this year. Because there may not be.
Sinned wrote:I wonder how much more damage he can do between now and November?
The answer to that is, "Plenty."
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Any head of state that uses Twitter as their prime communications medium should be sectioned.

Trump is an abomination; a disgrace. He’s less intelligent than my toenail. He is a nasty narcissist who is full of bile, prejudice, racism, sexism and hate for anything that stands in his way. He has no moral compass. He has no scruples. He is, in short, a screaming cretin of the highest order.

The above polemic has nothing to do with party. As a non-American, I’m not bothered about which lot you throw your towel in with. I never thought I’d see the day when a US president made George W Bush look statesmanlike, but Trump achieves this. He even makes our own resident clown, Boris Johnson, appear to be intelligent. That’s some going.

I understand why people vote Republican. I’ll never understand why you voted this amoeba in.

My goodness; you really must have hated Hillary Clinton to vote in this turd. Obama wasnt perfect, but he was an eloquent statesman. He’s respected around the world. The Orange one is a laughing stock.

Phew. I think I’m done. That feels better!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Well, that last post "poked the gopher" and this lovely little screed showed up as a formal "report" as being "offensive":
Who the f*ck is this asshole to make comments about our president Political commentary is one thing but this goes way past reasonable commentary

If you let this go you are bring the café down to a shithole liberal rag
Here we see history repeating itself -- or attempting to. First, shut down cogent debate, then shut down dissenting thought. Pretty soon you've got a nice little population of slaves. Not on my watch.

Clearly the accuser cannot debate properly and has to resort to foul language and invoking "personal offence". Well, right now the world -- or at least a decent chunk of it -- is extremely offensive at the moment, so we may as well try to get over it because there's no choice in the matter (unless "the birds fly"). I am going to let this stand for the moment as an exemplar. What's hilarious here is that Skirt Cafe is getting branded as a "sh!thole liberal rag" when the accuser himself is expressing a liberal point of view by his choice of attire. This is actually typical for a conservative fascist mentality. It is quite useful to get a sample of what the outside world thinks of what's going on inside the USA.

Heed the opinions of others from afar. They're correct as often as not.

The above being said, I am going to politely ask for a climb-down of the rhetoric. Keep to observable facts and try not to let emotion get in the way of things. Humans function best when their brains are doing the work not their emotions. Medical diagnoses are welcome from those qualified to make them.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

With my Green Card I'm not allowed to vote in the USA. I still do absentee voting for the Netherlands and Europe. I find it my democratic duty. I wrote a letter to the editor of my news paper some time ago regarding voting.
Verkiezing 2019 Morning Callq.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

crfriend wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:03 am Well, that last post "poked the gopher" and this lovely little screed showed up as a formal "report" as being "offensive":
Who the f*ck is this asshole to make comments about our president Political commentary is one thing but this goes way past reasonable commentary

If you let this go you are bring the café down to a shithole liberal rag
Here we see history repeating itself -- or attempting to. First, shut down cogent debate, then shut down dissenting thought. Pretty soon you've got a nice little population of slaves. Not on my watch.

Clearly the accuser cannot debate properly and has to resort to foul language and invoking "personal offence". Well, right now the world -- or at least a decent chunk of it -- is extremely offensive at the moment, so we may as well try to get over it because there's no choice in the matter (unless "the birds fly"). I am going to let this stand for the moment as an exemplar. What's hilarious here is that Skirt Cafe is getting branded as a "sh!thole liberal rag" when the accuser himself is expressing a liberal point of view by his choice of attire. This is actually typical for a conservative fascist mentality. It is quite useful to get a sample of what the outside world thinks of what's going on inside the USA.

Heed the opinions of others from afar. They're correct as often as not.

The above being said, I am going to politely ask for a climb-down of the rhetoric. Keep to observable facts and try not to let emotion get in the way of things. Humans function best when their brains are doing the work not their emotions. Medical diagnoses are welcome from those qualified to make them.
The Cafe is a pleasant place for discussion but make no mistake there's always that one person that starts a fire but then gets mad when things don't go their way.We must overlook such nonsense.If I had a dollar for every time I pissed someone off I'd be a millionaire.In this case to the quoted get over it everyone isn't going to agree with each other all the time.Further more that's what happens when you don't learn to agree to disagree.I'm an independent voter I'll vote for anyone if they're worthy of my vote and going to do this country good.Make no mistake I will call anyone in the White House out and hold them accountable.

As a saying goes opinions are like a holes everyone has one.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Damn... this page is turing into the shot heard around the world...

It's all about sex man! :lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

BL Your short list of criteria is good. Reminds me of my last visit to the licensing authorities here to get a new driver's license (at my age req'd. every three years).
In the booth they took three passport-style photos of me and invited me to choose which one to have put on my license. My amused comment then in choosing one was that I wouldn't buy a used car from either of the 'other two' blokes!

Thread drift here. Not sure what this has to do with 'Sex' :eye: '

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Kirbstone wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:09 am..... Thread drift here. Not sure what this has to do with 'Sex' :eye: '
Tom
Thread drift of this forum is meandering more than the trail of a drunkard. ;) (Don't ask)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

All

I knew my post might be provocative but I wanted to lamce the boil, as it were.

Carl - I note and respect your response. I shall say no more on the matter.

To our US friends - please feel free to denigrate our (UK) mop haired leader if you want to. We can take it, even if we disagree. It’s only fair.

Anyway, I’m off to read the original post on this thread to correct thread drift.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Sinned wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:32 am Over here qualifying doctors are required to adhere to a version of the Hippocratic Oath of which part is: "Of beneficence (to do good or avoid evil) and non-maleficence (from the Latin 'primum non nocere', or 'do no harm') towards patients. (In fact the well-known "first do no harm" phrase does not feature in the classical Hippocratic Oath.)". I think that our NHS doesn't have any distinction over the transgendered and takes each patient's needs as they come.
This.

I would imagine that medical practitioners, wherever they may be, hold themselves to a different standard than the policy makers. That’s my sense from experiencing the NHS and knowing many who work there.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Ray wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:13 pm Trump is an abomination; a disgrace. He’s less intelligent than my toenail. He is a nasty narcissist who is full of bile, prejudice, racism, sexism and hate for anything that stands in his way. He has no moral compass. He has no scruples. He is, in short, a screaming cretin of the highest order.
That is the view of the majority of people I meet in the U.K. -- but, of course it is based on press coverage which may be biassed to some extent and the people I meet may be an unrepresentative sample.  Even so, the impression I get is that fewer than 5% of Brits would vote for him or support him in any way.  In the U.S. it is obvious that he does have a much greater proportion of the vote than that and has many strong supporters.  Why is this?

I can't really believe it is because a much larger number of Americans than Brits champion those properties listed above and think they are the attributes every American should want to live up to.  Are we, in the U.K. being fed a false picture?  Are we being fed a true picture and Americans are being fed a false picture?  ...both pretty unlikely.  What is it that makes so many Americans still support Trump despite all the evidence that he is not the sort of person most decent people would align themselves with?

Some friends in the U.S. have suggested it is because he has created a dream future of a return to a glorious past and that is a dream a lot of Americans want to believe in.  Another possibility is that Americans have been brought up with an ethic of 'My county, right or wrong" and that has become "My President, right or wrong"; in other words it's the office they are supporting, rather than the present incumbent.  Party politics would normally lead people to support their party's representative, but it looks as though Trump quickly became an embarassment to his party and they only pay lip service to supporting him in order to stay in power.

When Trump first took office, many people on this side of the "pond" shook their heads and said it was a big mistake and he would be gone, by fair means or foul, in a very short time.  That hasn't happened; America is in a situation that would have been unthinkable, even in the wildest fiction, ten years ago and seems to be heading even deeper into it it.  Without resorting to personal invective, can anyone explain why?
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Ray, pelmut, and others,

In our country (the U.S.) we are afforded the right to speak out against our elected leaders, even go so far as to make crude jokes and inaccurate claims about the size of their ears (see political cartoons).

Calling politicians out on their crap used to be something condoned even here. It's funny the far right doesn't mind criticizing any democratic presidents we might have had, even to the point of calling their wives "trannies" (so as to indicate Obama must be some kind of kinky "faggot"...) but that's different you see, the far right is allowed to make such comments about someone they dislike...

Typical American hypocrisy.

As citizens of foreign nations Ray (and others) nobody here in the U.S. has ANY right to put our hands over your mouths. Your rights and privileges are subject to the laws of your land.

There is some speech that might get you on an FBI or CIA watch list, such as making a physical threat against the president, we too can not make threats against whomever holds that office, but such is the case if we make threats against anybody.

Thus, threats are not protected speech. Seeing as how Ray did not threaten Trump, Carl didn't seem to take issue with it, and he pretty much spoke the truth... why the uproar?
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

crfriend wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:34 pm
Kirbstone wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:58 pmIt's hard to avoid all this because every channel in the world is full of it.
Yes, it's as if every rivulet, arroyo, and gulch is over-topping its banks with raw sewage. I wish the cops would show up an put an end to it.
Which just goes to show you how consequential all of us Americans votes are. As the saying, "When the US sneezes, the whole world catches cold, if not pneumonia." Consequently, everyone around the world knows about Trumps latest antics and few of us Yanks know much about Boris Johnson. Let alone his foibles.
Kirbstone wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:58 pmTo my mind Trump is indefensible, but sadly he's still odds-on to get re-elected, so the Biden voters may well have to put up with another four years of trumpery.
Where did you get that Trump is the odds-on favorite? Not only is Biden leading in the polls, he keeps widening his lead and that's without much in the line of campaigning!

Too bad, because I'm sure that our Uncle Joe, as opposed to the one our heads of state referred to in the 1940's, has more of a platform than, "I'm not Donald Trump."
Kirbstone wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:58 pm
If the electorate doesn't wake up and pitch both of the "major parties" out this time I suspect there won't be another chance -- and that's if there even is an "election" this year. Because there may not be.

Voting for a third party candidate is a sure fire way to get Trumpo reelected. Even Teddy Roosevelt when he ran as a 3rd-party candidate couldn't get re-elected. If an international figure like him couldn't get elected; I can guarantee you that no other third-party candidate in the US can either. If you don't like Trump, don't waste your vote on a third party candidate; vote for Joe!

There is no way that The Donald could cancel the November election; under our federal system, the election is called for by the Constitution and it is carried out by the several states.
The answer to that is, "Plenty."
On this one I have to unequivocally agree with Carl!!!
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.