It's all about "sex"

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: It's all about "sex"

Post by oldsalt1 »

I want to thank Jenn and Sinned for proving my point.

Sinned condemned President Trump for taking a salary .

When I explained that he doesn't take his salary Jenn condemned him for not taking it

No matter what he does he is wrong Like I said if he found a cure for cancer he would be blamed for putting doctors out of work
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

JennC03 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:33 pm The fact is Dan gets his information from the news he condemns us all for watching because if he didn't he wouldn't hesitate in saying where his sources come from problem is he would be the pot calling the kettle black and we all know we can't have that.
Yes I listen to Fox news. I try to listen to the other sources but after a while I find that their commentary is so full of bias BS that I can't believe that anyone would believe anything they say.

Just as a point of reference it the last time the NY Times endorsed a republican was 1936. please explain how there is no bias in there reporting.

as far as causing unity just look at the Café I have united just about the entire site against me and my political opinions.

I just hope you are all ready to endure what you are asking for. . I think some of the larger media companies are hinting about censoring some statements from Prresident Trump.. That where it starts . Where does it end
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

oldsalt1 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:26 pmas far as causing unity just look at the Café I have united just about the entire site against me and my political opinions.
Actually, Dan, you've got just about everybody trying their level best to exhort you to think for yourself rather than blindly following what amounts to a religious cult. I'd call that a show of hopeful support!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

oldsalt1 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:10 pm I want to thank Jenn and Sinned for proving my point.

Sinned condemned President Trump for taking a salary .

When I explained that he doesn't take his salary Jenn condemned him for not taking it

No matter what he does he is wrong Like I said if he found a cure for cancer he would be blamed for putting doctors out of work

I rolled my eyes so hard I checked out my own ass at your comment.I didn't prove any points of yours I stated a fact in regards to he still collects his pay.In any way he can.You state he's for the American People?Enlighten me because I don't see how he has been.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Jenn the point you proved is that no matter what we does he is wrong .

CR you got the a little backwards I do think for myself .

Its the left that demands blind obedience to what they are demanding. Its either you agree 100% with what they say or you are silenced Its their 1st amendment not yours

Since I am on the opposite just a few points

First Kaepernick is now stating that the 4th of JULY is a celebration of White Supremacy

and the NFL is being pushed to play the unofficial Black National Anthem before football games.

You get what you ask for
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

oldsalt1 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:26 pm

as far as causing unity just look at the Café I have united just about the entire site against me and my political opinions.
You might ask yourself why that is.
oldsalt1 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:26 pm just hope you are all ready to endure what you are asking for. . I think some of the larger media companies are hinting about censoring some statements from Prresident Trump..
What else can they do when he says stuff that is actively dangerous? The 1st amendment protects free speech, but not to the point you can get away with shouting fire in a crowded theatre.

What I don't understand is how anybody can watch him speak, or even read verbatim transcripts, and have any trust for him, or have the slightest regard for his education or intelligence. For me, he is condemned from his own mouth.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

oldsalt1 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:28 pmIts the left that demands blind obedience to what they are demanding. Its either you agree 100% with what they say or you are silenced Its their 1st amendment not yours
That's a double-edged sword that both the far right and far left have used in the past -- and it's a particular favourite of the far right. Look back into the history books for plenty of examples. Try starting with Herr Doktor Joseph Goebbels.
First Kaepernick is now stating that the 4th of JULY is a celebration of White Supremacy
He's got that wrong of course, but are you actually telling us that it's ethically justifiable that it should be tacitly legal for police to be able to sport-hunt people with darker skin than theirs?
and the NFL is being pushed to play the unofficial Black National Anthem before football games.
The first I heard of that was the other day and didn't much like the idea. Far better would be for the NFL to simply refuse to play The Star Spangled Banner at all and get it over with that way. Play America the Beautiful instead or even My County 'tis of Thee (which I have resonances with for reasons few will likely understand).
You get what you ask for
Wrong. I did not ask for this. In fact I vehemently objected to it even before it came to be.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Dan, you have not responded to any of the requests for information.

How’s your chance to use facts to undermine our statements. Have at it, sir!

Truthfully, I’m interested in your responses. Not whataboutery; straight responses backed by cogent argument.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

oldsalt1 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:28 pm Jenn the point you proved is that no matter what we does he is wrong .

CR you got the a little backwards I do think for myself .

Its the left that demands blind obedience to what they are demanding. Its either you agree 100% with what they say or you are silenced Its their 1st amendment not yours

Since I am on the opposite just a few points

You get what you ask for

No the point I proved is he isn't the saint you're making him out to be.The guy makes mistakes and no Trump supporter admits he isn't all saintly.You said you get your information from Fox News?Thats no better than the rest of the ones you condemned us as watching liberal rag. Let's face it Oldsalt you're following the same herd that everyone else follows and that was my point.You say that you think for yourself?Explain to me how so when you yourself watch from a Network that is garbage? Fox News is garbage sorry but if I may be honest it truly is. As for Trump may I ask you something? Have you ever seen his Twitter account? If you have I'd like to know how you feel about Trump now?Would your views still be the same as they are now or would your views change?What makes you actually like Trump so much? What has he honestly done for you?
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I started to post this under the context that "Dan needs to don a pretty short dress and get in line with his people" (link below), but alas, I really think Dan is better than that, at least I hope he is.

Nevertheless, these are the "Trump conservatives" that he so willingly defends on practically every post pertaining to the topic. In essence, these are the people Dan is aligning himself with.

Again, I honestly feel Dan (oldsalt) is much better than that, and I like to think that this isn't the "America" he fought for.

If I'm mistaken, then I'd suggest he log out and do some serious soul searching, because in their eyes, he ain't nothing but "a damned faggot that's going to burn in hell".

See below the America that 45 has encouraged and given a loud and proud voice....

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2020/07/wom ... iece-crap/

Earlier the is quoted chanting "WHITE LIVES MATTER... WHITE LIVES ARE BETTER..."

This has gone on long enough...

https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Busine ... d-from-job

Yeah... I guess it's her right to say these things... but what an ugly nation... a damned ugly nation we have here....
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Here is a bit of forgotten history.

IRISH: THE FORGOTTEN WHITE SLAVES
Copied from Patrick Peters
Irish Slave Sale 2020-07-06.jpg
They came as slaves: human cargo transported on British ships bound for the Americas.
They were shipped by the hundreds of thousands and included men, women, and even
the youngest of children.

Whenever they rebelled or even disobeyed an order, they were punished in the harshest
ways. Slave owners would hang their human property by their hands and set their hands
or feet on fire as one form of punishment. Some were burned alive and had their heads
placed on pikes in the marketplace as a warning to other captives.

We don’t really need to go through all of the gory details, do we? We know all too well
the atrocities of the African slave trade.

But are we talking about African slavery? King James VI and Charles I also led a continued
effort to enslave the Irish. Britain’s Oliver Cromwell furthered this practice of dehumanizing
one’s next door neighbor.

The Irish slave trade began when James VI sold 30,000 Irish prisoners as slaves to the New World.
His Proclamation of 1625 required Irish political prisoners be sent overseas and sold to English
settlers in the West Indies.

By the mid 1600s, the Irish were the main slaves sold to Antigua and Montserrat. At that time,
70% of the total population of Montserrat were Irish slaves.

Ireland quickly became the biggest source of human livestock for English merchants.
The majority of the early slaves to the New World were actually white.

From 1641 to 1652, over 500,000 Irish were killed by the English and another 300,000 were
sold as slaves. Ireland’s population fell from about 1,500,000 to 600,000 in one single decade.

Families were ripped apart as the British did not allow Irish dads to take their wives and
children with them across the Atlantic. This led to a helpless population of homeless
women and children. Britain’s solution was to auction them off as well.

During the 1650s, over 100,000 Irish children between the ages of 10 and 14 were taken
from their parents and sold as slaves in the West Indies, Virginia and New England. In this
decade, 52,000 Irish (mostly women and children) were sold to Barbados and Virginia.

Another 30,000 Irish men and women were also transported and sold to the highest bidder.
In 1656, Cromwell ordered that 2000 Irish children be taken to Jamaica and sold as slaves
to English settlers.

Many people today will avoid calling the Irish slaves what they truly were: Slaves. They’ll
come up with terms like “Indentured Servants” to describe what occurred to the Irish.
However, in most cases from the 17th and 18th centuries, Irish slaves were nothing more
than human cattle.

As an example, the African slave trade was just beginning during this same period. It is well
recorded that African slaves, not tainted with the stain of the hated Catholic theology and
more expensive to purchase, were often treated far better than their Irish counterparts.

African slaves were very expensive during the late 1600s (£50 Sterling). Irish slaves came
cheap (no more than £5 Sterling). If a planter whipped, branded or beat an Irish slave to
death, it was never a crime. A death was a monetary setback, but far cheaper than killing
a more expensive African.

The English masters quickly began breeding the Irish women for both their own personal
pleasure and for greater profit. Children of slaves were themselves slaves, which increased
the size of the master’s free workforce.

Even if an Irish woman somehow obtained her freedom, her kids would remain slaves of her
master. Thus, Irish mothers, even with this new found emancipation, would seldom abandon
their children and would remain in servitude.

In time, the English thought of a better way to use these women to increase their market
share: The settlers began to breed Irish women and girls (many as young as 12) with African
men to produce slaves with a distinct complexion. These new “mulatto” slaves brought a
higher price than Irish livestock and, likewise, enabled the settlers to save money rather
than purchase new African slaves.

This practice of interbreeding Irish females with African men went on for several decades
and was so widespread that, in 1681, legislation was passed “forbidding the practice of mating
Irish slave women to African slave men for the purpose of producing slaves for sale.” In short,
it was stopped only because it interfered with the profits of a large slave transport company.

England continued to ship tens of thousands of Irish slaves for more than a century. Records
state that, after the 1798 Irish Rebellion, thousands of Irish slaves were sold to both America
and Australia. There were horrible abuses of both African and Irish captives. One British ship
even dumped 1,302 slaves into the Atlantic Ocean so that the crew would have plenty of food
to eat.

There is little question the Irish experienced the horrors of slavery as much (if not more, in the
17th Century) as the Africans did. There is also little question that those brown, tanned faces
you witness in your travels to the West Indies are very likely a combination of African and Irish
ancestry.

In 1839, Britain finally decided on it’s own to end its participation in Satan’s highway to hell
and stopped transporting slaves. While their decision did not stop pirates from doing what
they desired, the new law slowly concluded this chapter of Irish misery.

But, if anyone, black or white, believes that slavery was only an African experience, then
they’ve got it completely wrong. Irish slavery is a subject worth remembering, not erasing
from our memories.

But, why is it so seldom discussed? Do the memories of hundreds of thousands of Irish victims
not merit more than a mention from an unknown writer?

Or is their story to be the one that their English masters intended: To completely disappear
as if it never happened.

None of the Irish victims ever made it back to their homeland to describe their ordeal.
These are the lost slaves; the ones that time and biased history books conveniently forgot.

Interesting historical note: the last person killed at the Salem Witch Trials was Ann Glover.
She and her husband had been shipped to Barbados as a slave in the 1650's. Her husband
was killed there for refusing to renounce Catholicism.

In the 1680's she was working as a housekeeper in Salem. After some of the children she
was caring for got sick she was accused of being a witch.

At the trial they demanded she say the Lord's Prayer. She did so, but in Gaelic, because
she didn't know English. She was then hung.

Now - My question to you is - - Do you see people of Irish decent rioting, looting and
burning things down like the BLM and ANTIFA groups?

Mod Hat On
Hate mongering must stop :!: Here at the Cafe' and EVERYWHERE :!:

So far the pilot light at Skirt Cafe' has been lit - ready to approach the flame thrower.
(There are about 15 PAGES of "remarks" to back this up.)

Stop the emotional diatribe and 'almost' name calling :!:
We do not need to be at war with ourselves.
If the pilot light gets any closer to the flame thrower, this thread will be locked :!:

Mod Hat OFF

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:

Carl-I thought you disinfected the mod hat. It still itches like crazy :!:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

Just a note. It wasn't only the Irish who were transported. Before they were sent to Australia plenty of English petty criminals were sent to the Americas as slaves. In addition many free people effectively sold themselves into slavery for the promise of passage to the new world. This was much the same as the way that many slavers work today exploiting Eastern European nationals on the same basis. Again very little has changed just the colour of the skin. There was also a lucrative trade in English villages being raided and prisoners being enslaved by Barbary pirates. That was before the much maligned Oliver Cromwell put a stop to it by invading their lairs in North Africa. Again a forgotten case of blacks enslaving whites.
:roll:
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Nothing to do with colour, one way or the other, but as late as the late sixties orphans from Britain, many from Liverpool, were transported to Australia who were in need of new blood/workers, this was not a voluntary move and there aris history on the web of the way they were treated on arrival. The historical mistreatment of people of all shapes, colours and sizes has gone on since time immemorial. I only mention Liverpool because that was where I first heard of this happening, also it is where I was made.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Uncle Al wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:15 am Here is a bit of forgotten history.

IRISH: THE FORGOTTEN WHITE SLAVES
Copied from Patrick Peters
This has been going around for a while, mostly among people who want to minimize today's racism against those of African descent. Snopes rates it as a mixture of true and false. Their discussion is worth reading. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/irish ... y-america/
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

partlyscot wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:39 pm
oldsalt1 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:26 pm

You might ask yourself why that is.
oldsalt1 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:26 pm just hope you are all ready to endure what you are asking for. . I think some of the larger media companies are hinting about censoring some statements from Prresident Trump..
What else can they do when he says stuff that is actively dangerous? The 1st amendment protects free speech, but not to the point you can get away with shouting fire in a crowded theatre.

So you agree with the media companies censoring things that are said. Here is where it starts where does it end who makes the decision as to what can be said

What I don't understand is how anybody can watch him speak, or even read verbatim transcripts, and have any trust for him, or have the slightest regard for his education or intelligence. For me, he is condemned from his own mouth.

you are entitled to express your opinion that is until you get censored by some media outfit

I guess there is a great number of us deplorable "AS HILLAR States" people who listen to what he has to say. Probably enough of us to get him reelected .

Again its great to see the unity. I guess the next major display of unity will come Wednesday November 4 when the left starts the impeachment process again