The Enemy Amongst Us

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Enemy Amongst Us

Post by oldsalt1 »

Jim wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:06 pm
oldsalt1 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:18 pm
If you are so naïve as to believe that they just want justice and fair treatment for certain colors you are living in a fantasy world , and a very rude awakening is coming
Most of us protestors want justice and fair treatment for everyone. Uncontrolled police power puts everybody at risk.

Yes, we need to be well aware of the right supremacists who want to start a race war, which they think they'll win because they are better armed. We need to beware of the Trotskyites, who want violence so there is more oppression, which will bring on The Revolution. And we need to be aware of government provocateurs. All these agents try to take advantage of almost any larger protest movement.
Lets see you mentioned the white supremacists the government provocateurs and the communist trotskys yet I don't think any of these groups helped burn down the wendys. Yet you failed to mention anyone from the BLM groups and their affiliates. its great to see your fair unbiased statement of facts.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

oldsalt1 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:35 pm Yet you failed to mention anyone from the BLM groups and their affiliates.
The people I've had any contact with in BLM groups oppose violence. Some on principle, and some because it hurts their cause. Because it hurts the BLM cause, those who oppose them will instigate violence. Demonstrations generally have a public call to non-violence.

The police, I heard, are looking for a white woman for the Wendy's arson. If it were done by a black person, it would be just as bad.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

First things first, I'm very sorry for what all you are going through Al; I can't imagine what your wife is going through. Or you either. May God bless you both.

Much of what I would otherwise write has already been posted so I'll try to stick to the bare essences.

As Carl pointed out, the right to "freely assemble for the redress of grievances" is enshrined in the First Amendment. How can it be unAmerican or unpatriotic to exercise that right?

If anyone has forgotten about uniting the country it's Donald Trump. Every word the man says, every tweet that he sends, every action he takes is calculated to pander to his base and spite everyone else. What attempt has he made to work with Democrats.

J. Edgar Hoover wasn't half so interested in protecting our country from anything or anybody as he was in protecting his own position, power and turf by any means he deemed necessary, including blatantly unlawful bugging, wiretapping, surveilling, breaking into innocent people's private places and infiltrating legal organizations with spies and agitators.

Finally, as a family man I'm surprised your weren't as offended as I am by the author of that screed putting Michelle Obama's marital status of wife in quotation marks, clearly implying there is something illegitimate or unsavory about their relationship. Rather than being anything resembling a reliable source anyone who would put such a thing into print is as lowly a louse as crawls on the earth!
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:01 am
Finally, as a family man I'm surprised your weren't as offended as I am by the author of that screed putting Michelle Obama's marital status of wife in quotation marks, clearly implying there is something illegitimate or unsavory about their relationship.
There is a crazy right-wing conspiracy theory that Michelle is really Michael, a man. I expect that is the inference.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

When Fox News reports on Sen. Lindsey Graham (R, SC) telling his fellow Senators about police discrimination, we can take it to the bank.

Graham: Every black man in America 'feels threatened' when stopped by cops
Sen. Lindsey Graham kicked off a Senate hearing Tuesday on police brutality by contrasting his experience with police with that of his fellow South Carolina senate colleague Tim Scott to illustrate the problem with policing today and making a case for federal reform legislation.

Read in Fox News: https://apple.news/AdaZwx5CeSbiisJF7iN-MgA

Shared from Apple News

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:01 am First things first, I'm very sorry for what all you are going through Al; I can't imagine what your wife is going through. Or you either. May God bless you both.

Much of what I would otherwise write has already been posted so I'll try to stick to the bare essences.

As Carl pointed out, the right to "freely assemble for the redress of grievances" is enshrined in the First Amendment. How can it be unAmerican or unpatriotic to exercise that right?

If anyone has forgotten about uniting the country it's Donald Trump. Every word the man says, every tweet that he sends, every action he takes is calculated to pander to his base and spite everyone else. What attempt has he made to work with Democrats.

J. Edgar Hoover wasn't half so interested in protecting our country from anything or anybody as he was in protecting his own position, power and turf by any means he deemed necessary, including blatantly unlawful bugging, wiretapping, surveilling, breaking into innocent people's private places and infiltrating legal organizations with spies and agitators.

Finally, as a family man I'm surprised your weren't as offended as I am by the author of that screed putting Michelle Obama's marital status of wife in quotation marks, clearly implying there is something illegitimate or unsavory about their relationship. Rather than being anything resembling a reliable source anyone who would put such a thing into print is as lowly a louse as crawls on the earth!
Yes lets unite the country of course the democrats were always for uniting and working with the president Its been obvious since the day after the election when Maxine Waters wanted to start the impeachment process.

we should try to work things out instead of burning bridges we should try to cross them

but then again that's not possible if you live near where protesters have the bridge blocked
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

oldsalt1 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:03 amwe should try to work things out instead of burning bridges we should try to cross them

but then again that's not possible if you live near where protesters have the bridge blocked
Whither, then, these august words:
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
Yes, whither domestic Tranquility? Whither general Welfare? Whither Justice?

We do have "Union" in a kinky sort of way, but it's held together by force of might, arms, and terror. We sort of have a common defence, but in the form of a parasitic profit-driven "military industrial complex" (to use Dwight David Eisenhower's term). "Posterity" is rather questionable at the moment. Finally, "Liberty" is largely laughable today, only 230-odd years since those words were put to paper.

Indeed, there are none so blind as those who will not see. To all citizens, to all people, I exhort you: Open your eyes!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Jim wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:39 am
Pdxfashionpioneer wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:01 am
Finally, as a family man I'm surprised your weren't as offended as I am by the author of that screed putting Michelle Obama's marital status of wife in quotation marks, clearly implying there is something illegitimate or unsavory about their relationship.
There is a crazy right-wing conspiracy theory that Michelle is really Michael, a man. I expect that is the inference.

OMG!!

My visual is of louses doing the limbo rock!

Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

If Michelle is supposed to be a "Michael" then how did Malia and Sasha get to be born? To my recollection a baby born to a man would be a really newsworthy event.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Sinned wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:26 pm If Michelle is supposed to be a "Michael" then how did Malia and Sasha get to be born? To my recollection a baby born to a man would be a really newsworthy event.
There are those who think they are adopted and the paper work was changed to show they were born to her.
The whole thing comes from a photo of michelle where it looks like she has a penis under the dress she was wearing. There were several pictures taken from different cameras that showed the lump just where one should be.
So that is where all of this comes from..
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:27 pmThere are those who think they are adopted and the paper work was changed to show they were born to her.
I rather suspect that the word think above should have been in quotation marks. That's one of the more off-the-wall ideas I've heard -- and I've heard a few.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Yeah, well, I can wear a skirt with something tucked away so that a bulge doesn't show where it should - does that make me a woman? No titters out there please. And it's a rhetorical question. There are lots of reasons but then some people just like to stir it.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.