toilet paper use calculator.

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

toilet paper use calculator.

Post by Fred in Skirts »

https://thepooptool.com/
Use this calculator to figure out how long your TP will last.... :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Re: toilet paper use calculator.

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Proof positive there's an app for everything!
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I'm not sure if that calculator is still correct in the current situation.

Governments and other well-meaning institutions have urged people to stock up on non-perishable goods like beans. The change in the consumption pattern may change the basic parameters of the calculator.

The emphasis on those non-perishable beans was a very good move of the governments because it is also very helpful in social distancing.

I never made chili con carne before but I'm getting rather used to it now. It seems that most freezers are filled to the brim because ground beef is getting back on the shelves again. A few times I had to use vegan crumbles and that was not bad at all.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Our pantry and little chest freezer is as full as it's ever been. The chest freezer is almost to the top, to the point that when we brought home some ice cream yesterday we had to rearrange it to make it fit

The freezer over the refrigerator is also nearing capacity. Prior to this massive stock up, it had only been used for a few ice cube trays and as a place to put frozen foods we needed to use up quickly.

The dry goods pantry cabinet is also stuffed, as well as additional canned foods, ramen noodles, cereals, dry beans stacked on top of the refrigerator as well as some canned foods over in the corner of the dining area.

I calculate we have roughly three to four weeks of "luxury foods" and probably enough raw protein foods (dry beans mostly) to last a few months.

About half of this stock we've had since BEFORE the corona scare, since then two weeks ago I made one major grocery run which filled it, and since then I've just been maintaining the level in the event we have to self quarantine or isolate for two weeks.

The plan being if one of us has symptoms, or God forbid an actual covid19 diagnosis, all three of us will shelter in place until cleared to leave... meaning we will make NO RUNS whatsoever to the outside world... including stores.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

As for toilet paper.. we're good to go, and I'm starting to notice it's making its way back to the shelves... slowly but surely.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire

Post by beachlion »

Corona virus joke.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

In order to assist BL on this issue I proffer a pic. sent me by my locked-down brother in Bedfordshire, UK

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire

Post by beachlion »

The stack of toilet paper in the house could last for about two weeks but in these uncertain times I like to have more margin.

Only one time before I was close to critical in the field of toilet paper. For years I used to go on holiday and camped in the wild. On my bike I had very limited storage space so I had one single roll of toilet paper. In a heavy rain storm, the roll was exposed to the elements and was completely unusable, soaked to the core. I was in a part of France with little villages spaced far apart. Those villages did not even have a single shop thanks to the big supermarket chains. Death of the mom and pop alimentations in rural communities. That day, against closing time, I found a shop and the smallest pack was with four rolls. So I payed for the four rolls and waited outside the shop and removed one roll from the pack. I offered the three resting rolls to the first person that came out. She was highly surprised of course but after some explanation she accepted the rolls.

I had to go to the other end of Allentown to my least favourable chain and what was left was also of my least favourable brand. There are blue bears in their silly TV-ads. But now I have 52 rolls.
stevelous

Post by stevelous »

Managed to get some today in our Aldi store it was so good to see it for sale again. hope to see it again before Christmas!
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

A good healthy diet will make you regular, so perhaps an unhealthy diet without any fibre might save some paper :)

I can remember when it was common to see an outdated phone directory hung by a string through it's spine so that pages could be ripped out as needed. Now in these days of digital info; we might have to go digital.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

we might have to go digital.
Anthony, for shame, that is a low-down-under bum pun. Reminds me of our outback caravan savior; the can branded: "Thunder down under".
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

The problem with the TP calculator is that it doesn't take teenage girls into account!!!!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Sinned wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:51 pm The problem with the TP calculator is that it doesn't take teenage girls into account!!!!
If you have teenage girls in the household you need to divide the answer by 5 for each one to get the right results... :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Thanks Fred, a grand-daughter has come to live with us so that information would be useful. :D
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.