Gas prices...

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Gas prices...

Post by moonshadow »

$2.00 per gallon off I81, Bristol VA.

Haven't seen it that low in probably 20 years....
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Gas prices...

Post by Fred in Skirts »

moonshadow wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:21 am $2.00 per gallon off I81, Bristol VA.

I just filled up at 1.69 a gallon here in town and that was credit, the cash price was 0.10 cheaper...
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Wonder what propane is running? Could be a good summer to fill up...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Oregon seems behind the times; oil down to $22 a barrel today, but I paid over $3.00 a gallon a couple hours ago. The 'lag time' always seems slow in lowering the price, but very quick in raising it! Any implications for hemlines? :?
kiwi_bloke

Post by kiwi_bloke »

Last time I filled up here, worked out to be $8.80 per US gallon. Has been as high as $10 pr US gallon. I’m in NewZealand
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:29 am I just filled up at 1.69 a gallon here in town and that was credit, the cash price was 0.10 cheaper...
It is about 80 cents a litre ($3.60 a gallon) in Australia for automotive use and $2.00 a litre for bottled gas where I am. We have large reserves of gas in Australia that gets sold cheaply overseas by mainly international corporations and the domestic market has to pay a high price due to a shortage.
Governments seem to appeal to the majority to get voted in and then pander to a few. Who's resource is it?
Faldaguy wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:13 am Any implications for hemlines? :?
I think we will be seeing floor sweepers.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Governments seem to appeal to the majority to get voted in and then pander to a few. Who's resource is it?

As much as we loved our couple of years traveling in OZ, one of our key disappointments was lack of governmental integrity in environmental issues -- seemingly very willing to sell their souls for a bit of royalty in the coffers -- be it yellow coal to China; Aboriginal land sourced uranium, fracking NSW farmlands or granting LPG passage through the GBR; and rivers raided dry long before their terminus -- none of it unique to AU or governments in many places, but striking in the boldness in the face of an already evident critical state of environmental degradation. Perhaps some of those 'floor sweepers' are needed in Canberra!
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Been down as low as $1.18/L in Brisbane, Australia in the last couple of days.
Haven't seen it that cheap for a while.

Last week while we were in New Zealand, it was a whopping $2.01/L!!!!!...

$AUD1.00 has dropped to around $US 0.60 in the last 2 weeks or so, and $AUD 1.00 = approx $NZD1.02 at the moment.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

moonshadow wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:21 am $2.00 per gallon off I81, Bristol VA.

London, Ky is probably a couple of hundred miles from you. They had it for .99 cents and sold out very quickly.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Petrol at £1.03 today, it was £1.20 last time. I really wish I hadn't filled my heating oil tank a couple of weeks ago which cost me something like £650. I daren't ask the price just now, too depressing!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

£1.42 per litre today for diesel. Ouch.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Came 200+ miles back from Kerry two days ago and the prices for fuel have indeed fallen significantly. Petrol is generally 10-12 cents dearer than diesel, which is now Eur 1.15.7 cheapest on the way. got some locally today at Eur1.16/liter which isn't bad, considering we were paying 1.33-1.35/ liter until a week ago for diesel.

Heating oil here is considerably cheaper at about 80 cents/liter. Last Summer I bought some marine diesel for my friend's yacht at Cap D'Agde in S. France.....Eur 1.56/liter !, but there they have you by the short & curlies.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Here in grated Britain, diesel is more expensive than petrol, I think about 8 pence a litre more expensive yesterday. For any users of red diesel, didn't the last budget threaten to remove the discount for red (agricultural) diesel?

I wonder what we would be paying if the exchange rate hadn't crashed? Looks like the plague has had more effect than the current exchange rate, at least for now.

Oh and Kirbstone, has Ireland always been dearer that GB for fuel? you are in the Republic aren't you?
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Perhaps someone from the left side of the pond can explain something that has puzzled me for a while: how do Americans distinguish between Gas [gasoline] prices and Gas [domestic fuel] prices?
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

pelmut wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:35 amPerhaps someone from the left side of the pond can explain something that has puzzled me for a while: how do Americans distinguish between Gas [gasoline] prices and Gas [domestic fuel] prices?
I've wondered that myself from time to time, and I think it's implicit based on the context. Gas[oline] goes into cars (and other small engines), [compressed] Gas is used for domestic heating and cooking -- except when it's used to drive vehicle engines when it's CNG (Compressed Natural Gas).

Then there's the other meaning. And that just stinks.

I prefer the term "petrol", but that lust leads to blank looks around here.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!