Corona Virus

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Corona Virus

Post by moonshadow »

Faldaguy wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:15 am They don't get paychecks, and could give a toots darn about such -- the real benefits are much more disguised-- graft, bribes, handouts, gifts and self-enrichment schemes in the revolving door of how to feed at the government trough. It is not the paycheck, but the perks & access to power that drives million dollar campaigns for $100K jobs -- not civil-mindedness. They would not miss a paycheck.
Yeah, and I bet they have their pick on what to eat, unlike the rest of us who just have to make do with whatever we can find that's not sold out. I bet they have plenty of toilet paper and sanitizer, and let's not forget Pence's test results came back in a matter of hours!

The U.S. will probably wind up being the hardest hit by this, I expect we will surpass Italy and even China in overall cases and deaths.

When this is said and done, China will finally be recognized as the world's new superpower. China has been at the top for over two decades now, all that bunk about America being at the top was just horsesh!t. China produces everything. The rest of the world just consumes what China makes.

This virus will bring us to our knees. I wouldn't be surprised if we got invaded before this is finished.

No nation stands a chance against China, they have the most people, and they produce virtually everything. Everything our military uses is made with some level of Chinese components.

Trump got into a trade war with China, and China finally hit back.

Ironic isn't it? Our capitalist ways ultimately led to us being at the mercy of a communist nation...

And here some members thought we were going the way of Venezuela.... bet they never would have dreamed we'd just wind up being Chinas b!tch.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

And I'll tell ya something else...

You can't blame this one on the MILLENNIALS!

Nope!

American jobs were being outsourced to China way back when I was still in elementary school.

Nope... it's the "50s people" that have to own this one!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Bikerkilt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bikerkilt »

My OH and I are self quarantine here on the homestead. I did go out 2 different day before mostly to get supply to do a few project around here. I did go to the grocery store to see a lot of empty shelf and 1 item only signs I did get most of what I was looking for, I try an keep a more then I need here for emergency. We are starting to get infected people about 30 mile from here,we have 90 cases and 3 death here in Missouri this is yesterday numbers. I will sharpen my OH kitchen knifes and get some more thing ready for the garden maybe get some trees out of fence line, I got to do it sooner or later. All this in a skirt of coarse!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Carl, the news indicates that animal trials of potential vaccines are starting this week, with human trials to start next month. Isolation wards are being set up in conjunction with Cambridge University for candidates, who are being offered £3000 a knock to participate. Porton Down has also been involved. So maybe vaccines will be available sooner rather than later. It's amazing what can be fast tracked.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

moonshadow wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:13 am Nope... it's the "50s people" that have to own this one!
I totally agree. No wonder that the Millennials want to wipe us out by ignoring physical distancing and self isolation. ........... :)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

denimini wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:44 am
moonshadow wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:13 am Nope... it's the "50s people" that have to own this one!
I totally agree. No wonder that the Millennials want to wipe us out by ignoring physical distancing and self isolation. ........... :)

Not this one (though by some definitions I'm not a millennial).

I hope and will do my part to bring this to an end with a few deaths as possible...

...but I would like to see a little humility for once... boomers are not God's gift. In fact, they were the FIRST of the "entitled". :eye:
-Andrea
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I'm just so aggravated with the U.S. government right now...

So far as of this writing, the only aid the U.S. has received is from China'a most wealthy man in the form of test kits and other medical supplies, complete with a personal note for our president which basically reminds him to "know your place.".

MEANWHILE the U.S. Congress is still fighting over how much corporate PORK should be included in the aid package!

I guess I shouldn't be dogging on China so much, they're clearly the only ones actually helping.... :|
-Andrea
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well, I'm finished with this for a while. I realize I've probably annoyed everyone with my ranting.

I appreciate everyone not biting my head off.

Gonna try to just roll with it... live off of savings until that runs out, then... don't know...

I do know one thing... I'm finished participating (voting) in this rigged system. I don't give a damn who wins. They're all the same.
-Andrea
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:14 pmI do know one thing... I'm finished participating (voting) in this rigged system. I don't give a damn who wins. They're all the same.
I suspect we're getting to the end of the ones that want to go back to their childhoods in the 1950s (I wish they'd re-enact the sort of tax code that was in force then, though, as the country would be a LOT better off) simply because they're dying off of old age. It's going to take a few more years because their life-expectancy is higher than that of Millennials or Gen-X-ers. But die off they will. Also, as outright degeneracy sets in at the Elite layer (you can only "keep it in the family" for so long) I think we'll see that layer start to falter unless they've got some real young suckers working for them to prop them up.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, so don't completely give up hope. And when it comes to voting, DO, if only to make a protest vote for some random third party or writing in, "No acceptable candidate". Simply tuning out is not the answer.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:39 pm There is light at the end of the tunnel, so don't completely give up hope. And when it comes to voting, DO, if only to make a protest vote for some random third party or writing in, "No acceptable candidate". Simply tuning out is not the answer.
Yeah that's true... guess I could just go back to my old habits (third party candidates)

Seems the main choices this year will be "the rich, city redneck" or "the establishment man" who seems to be in the onset of dementia...
-Andrea
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Sinned wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:33 am Carl, the news indicates that animal trials of potential vaccines are starting this week, with human trials to start next month. Isolation wards are being set up in conjunction with Cambridge University for candidates, who are being offered £3000 a knock to participate. Porton Down has also been involved. So maybe vaccines will be available sooner rather than later. It's amazing what can be fast tracked.
Fingers crossed, but no breath holding from me.

We have to go with methods of flattening the curve at this point. You can moan and whine about it, even argue for other courses, as long as you keep your distance. I almost certainly will catch this virus, most of us will, that's not the point. The point is not all getting at the same time, because if we do, everything goes to **** in a big way.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:00 pmSeems the main choices this year will be "the rich, city redneck" or "the establishment man" who seems to be in the onset of dementia...
Both represent the same controlling forces. I find neither one even remotely acceptable because they stand for precisely the same thing. One will just lie more blatantly than the other.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

partlyscot wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:49 pm ... I almost certainly will catch this virus, most of us will, that's not the point. The point is not all getting at the same time, because if we do, everything goes to **** in a big way.
I'm ahead of the game (for the first time in my life):  I went to a dance on 7 March and four days later started getting a sore throat.  It developed into dry, inflamed airways and has since become a runny nose and a dry cough.  Last week I discovered that somebody at the dance had later tested positive for C 19, so I have almost certainly caught it.

I've been self-isolating for two weeks now and today has been the first time I've noticed a definite improvement in my condition. There's plenty of food in the house, so I'll wait until the end of the week (Day 20) before going out to do a major re-stock.  

I've bought stuff in one of the local shops by 'phoning them with my order and telling them the size of note I would be paying with, so they could put the change in with the goods.  Then I packed the appropriate note in a plastic bag with alcohol and handed it over while it was still wet.  In another shop I have paid with coins from a small plastic pot containing some alcohol and then got them to drop the change directly into the pot.   It may be unorthodox, but it is a simple way to prevent viral transmission by coins and notes.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

pelmut wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:36 pm
partlyscot wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:49 pm ... I almost certainly will catch this virus, most of us will, that's not the point. The point is not all getting at the same time, because if we do, everything goes to **** in a big way.
I'm ahead of the game (for the first time in my life):  I went to a dance on 7 March and four days later started getting a sore throat.  It developed into dry, inflamed airways and has since become a runny nose and a dry cough.  Last week I discovered that somebody at the dance had later tested positive for C 19, so I have almost certainly caught it.

I've been self-isolating for two weeks now and today has been the first time I've noticed a definite improvement in my condition. There's plenty of food in the house, so I'll wait until the end of the week (Day 20) before going out to do a major re-stock.  

I've bought stuff in one of the local shops by 'phoning them with my order and telling them the size of note I would be paying with, so they could put the change in with the goods.  Then I packed the appropriate note in a plastic bag with alcohol and handed it over while it was still wet.  In another shop I have paid with coins from a small plastic pot containing some alcohol and then got them to drop the change directly into the pot.   It may be unorthodox, but it is a simple way to prevent viral transmission by coins and notes.
Smart move. Glad you seem to have got through it.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

pelmut wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:36 pm I'm ahead of the game (for the first time in my life):  I went to a dance on 7 March and four days later started getting a sore throat.  It developed into dry, inflamed airways and has since become a runny nose and a dry cough.  Last week I discovered that somebody at the dance had later tested positive for C 19, so I have almost certainly caught it.
Congratulations for successfully adding to the country's herd resistance and doing it in a responsible manner.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia