Corona Virus

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Corona Virus

Post by Sinned »

Yes, I had seen that site and it's a sad story of lives needlessly thrown away through listening to false propaganda. I still turn up articles of anti-vaxxers who have succumbed to covid. We had our flu vaccines last Sunday and I felt really tired yesterday and get our booster jabs tonight. We do all we can to prolong our lives here so that we can enjoy what we have.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:59 am[...] I had seen that site and it's a sad story of lives needlessly thrown away through listening to false propaganda.
Actually, it may be better. At least several of those were actively spreading misinformation whilst they could. If that's proved, then I'd say they got their just desserts.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Well, my wife and I have just returned from our booster vaccination session. AFAIK we are fully up to date with all our jabs. I don't think I know any anti-vaxxers ( at least none that have admitted to it ) but if I do I would not go out of my way to associate with them.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I still chuckle about the elaborate ruse I played on a good scientist [0] friend back at the start of all this madness when I flatly stated that I was anti-VAX (I hadn't had my jabs yet.). He was, of course, aghast at the matter, but the conversation was a nice circuitous one where I was able to touch back on the topic periodically -- and I was clearly getting to him.

A good 45 minutes later or so, he challenged me directly about being anti-VAX, and I answered him entirely truthfully that, "I was never a fan of that broad-tailed Bronx shirley that DEC (Digital Equipment Corporation) produced in 1977 -- the VAX-11. There was a pause of some several seconds followed by the words of, "You son-of-a-b**ch!" once he caught on that I'd been playing the thing.

Mission Accomplished! (We remain good friends.)

[0] The Observatory Curator for Brown University's (Providence, RI/USA) Ladd Observatory, and former Official Astronomer for the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations -- and who also carried a state-issued licence for the Harvesting of Roadkill. (I am not making this up, and there are other stories that could have come true but fortunately didn't.)
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I found this interesting:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/medica ... li=BBoPWjQ

It starts to make sense and unravel the anti-vax arguments.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

The only valid anti-vax arguments have to do with allergic reactions to the ingredients of the thing. The science is shown as sound; this is low-risk for the vast majority of the population.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

My wife and I had the main short-term effects to the jabs [0] - soreness at the injection site for 48 hours, tiredness the next day and maybe a very mild headache. Didn't stop us putting two sheds together during that time.

[0] Interestingly we had the same effects to the flu jab as to the covid booster which made us think that it was the jab rather than what was in it. There were 48 hours between the flu jab and the booster.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I got my flu shot last week. I recall feeling somewhat icky for a day or so afterwards.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

My younger brother (34) elected not to get vaccinated, reasoning that as a 3:30 marathon runner, he was fit enough to deal with it.

He’s got Covid, and he’s feeling rotten.

The rest of the family are laughing their heads off at this - and winding him up all the time about it.

Serves him right! ;-)
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

My wife and I had both shots a month ago. Third Covid in the right shoulder, 'flu in the left. And I was skirted :-) We were a bit dozy later, but that was all.
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

moonshadow wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:53 am I got my flu shot last week. I recall feeling somewhat icky for a day or so afterwards.
I have the flu jab every year and feel fine, but had the covid jab twice and felt sleepy and feverish the day after; fine with that though, the second day was absolutely fine!
pleated
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pleated »

howardfh wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:49 am
moonshadow wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:53 am I got my flu shot last week. I recall feeling somewhat icky for a day or so afterwards.
I have the flu jab every year and feel fine, but had the covid jab twice and felt sleepy and feverish the day after; fine with that though, the second day was absolutely fine!
I had my annual flu jab early last month.
Last Monday I got my third Pfizer shot from my own doctor (I had received the first two at a mass vaccination centre six/seven months ago)
Some mild soreness in my upper arm from about 12 to 20 hours after. It does not seem to have affected my DNA, as I have not yet begun evolving into either a bat or a pangolin.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

pleated wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:12 pm ... It does not seem to have affected my DNA, as I have not yet begun evolving into either a bat or a pangolin.
I've heard the NHS is so short of supplies they are using old gramophone needles to give the vaccination.  Apparently it doesn't hurt at all ..click...all  ..click...all  ..click...all  ..click...all......
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Ray, there have been documented instances of very fit young men, marathon runners even, who have contracted covid and died. Fitness is no respecter where the virus is concerned. No disrespect, Ray, but he is a fool using such logic to justify not getting the vaccination when his life depends upon it. I don't really have any sympathy for those who refuse or defer the vaccination and get the virus and either get very seriously ill or die.

pelmut, not heard of any shortage. Our local chemist seems a bit spasmodic about supplies of the flu jab. But the local main vaccination centre at an out of town park doesn't seem to have any shortage.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

pelmut wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:05 pm I've heard the NHS is so short of supplies.....
Sinned wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:47 pm pelmut, not heard of any shortage.
Perhaps I should have made it clearer that I was joking.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.