Corona Virus

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Corona Virus

Post by Big and Bashful »

Today, 2 in England, 6 cases of the new one in Scotland, sounds like all in Lanarkshire, Glasgow or around the Clyde (Oh joy!)
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well, I mulled it over this weekend, and I've decided I'd go ahead and book the third jab.

Hopefully it will be strong enough until they can adjust their formula for these new variants.

I do expect that an annual covid shot will become the norm just like the flu shot. There is no way in hell we will ever eliminate this bug like small pox. The world is just too damned spiteful.

*UPDATE*

Third covid shot done and dusted... here's to a couple days of ickyness and hopefully another six months or so of covid free life!

:flower:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Whew! This one has really nailed me to the wall....

I know it will pass, but damn. Achy and running a mild fever, tired, chills....

Probably shouldn't have done this at the onset of an on call week....

Oh well... no pain no gain!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Going for my booster on the 8th. hopefully before the latest variant gets too close!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Big and Bashful wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:05 pm Going for my booster on the 8th. hopefully before the latest variant gets too close!
Well, I'll say this, many people have compared covid-19 to the flu, well I take a flu shot every year, and aside from some mild soreness at the injection site for about a day, I've always breezed through them.

This booster has been a whopper. The covid shots are nothing like the flu shots! I think it's getting better now. Now I believe I'm mostly just tired from not getting sufficient sleep last night, in addition to the anxiety of possible 2AM wake up calls this week...

I was a hair from calling out today, finally I broke a sweat (and likely broke that mild fever) around 11AM today, and the day has been mostly tolerable other than a nagging headache.

I must have gotten the "good stuff" this go 'round! :mrgreen:
Last edited by moonshadow on Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Andrea
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

5 cases of Omicron in Australia. One went on a shopping spree. I am amazed about the number of people who go on shopping sprees so soon after travelling ........ it must be suffering from shopping complex withdrawal.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

denimini wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:53 pm 5 cases of Omicron in Australia. One went on a shopping spree. I am amazed about the number of people who go on shopping sprees so soon after travelling ........ it must be suffering from shopping complex withdrawal.
The girls and I had a family meeting about that the other day. We all resolved to keep it under a hundred dollar budget for all three of us. We really don't need anymore junk around the house, and it wasn't about money, lord knows there's plenty of money this year, just not enough time to actually enjoy anything.

Anyway, the reasoning was that despite ultra high rates of inflation, people just continue to shop shop shop! Thus, prices are just going to continue to skyrocket until consumers have decided they've had enough and downsize their spending habits.
-Andrea
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I see customers spending hundreds of pounds on household goods and they are not even Christmas presents! As for our family we don't really bother with presents. What do you get the woman that has everything? We don't need any more baubles and trinkets. If we need anything we buy it. All we need is each other and the companionship/love/trust of our relationship. Anything else is dross.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Sinned wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:45 am I see customers spending hundreds of pounds on household goods and they are not even Christmas presents! As for our family we don't really bother with presents. What do you get the woman that has everything? We don't need any more baubles and trinkets. If we need anything we buy it. All we need is each other and the companionship/love/trust of our relationship. Anything else is dross.
Some of the best Christmases we've had were the years when we didn't have two pennies to rub together..
-Andrea
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Well going on the news from last night, the 6 cases of omicron (sounds like a Dr Who villain!) identified in Scotland had all been to the same event, and none were identified with international travel. Hmmm!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well, it's now officially here too.

Now they're talking about possible lockdowns again (not likely), and frankly, I don't think they should.

Let the virus run rampant for all I care. That's clearly what Americans want anyway.

I was talking with someone yesterday who is borderline "anti-vax", and generally opposes every measure to try to mitigate this virus (just like virtually everyone I talk to out and about), and I finally just called it like it is with him...

People complain about this virus and the effect it's having on everything, but nobody wants to work together to rid ourselves of our mutual problem... These variants are born out of these third world countries where they'd almost step over their own mother for a jab, but they don't have the resources to procure their own vaccines, so the U.S. offers to help, but then our current president draws fire from right wing Americans (90% of people in my region) for donating covid shots...

So we don't want the damned shots, but we don't want anyone else to have them either. Boy I tell ya... for a so called "Christian nation" we sure have a hell of a lot to learn about the virtues of Christ!

I've just completely given up on it. I do what I can to protect myself and those I care about. I don't have all the answers, and this virus may take me yet before it's all said and done, but you know, it just is what it is at this point. When I hear death tolls rising, I'm just like "meh...." What are you gonna do? Obviously Americans don't give a sh!t about anyone but themselves (individually, we don't even care about each other as Americans). So.... let it burn for all I care.

The world is a trailer park being hit by constant tornadoes...

And I'm just stuck in the field in the back, clinging onto a fence post for dear life...
-Andrea
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Moon,
You have really summed it up well there! I am sorely tempted to give vent to my thoughts on the future of humanity and this here rock we live on, but my thoughts are not jolly and voicing them here isn't going to make any difference, so I will contain myself.

Right, what next? oh yes, I have some cider in the fridge, I think I will put that right! it's better off inside me!
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

moonshadow wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:23 am

The world is a trailer park being hit by constant tornadoes...

And I'm just stuck in the field in the back, clinging onto a fence post for dear life...
I have to share this with you Moon. This is one of my favorite comedians. It is a little humor about tornadoes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlTv3tSN4vw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l1Rn3CbNYQ
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I look at it this way - if they don't care enough about their own lives to get vaccinated then why should anyone else? The only pity is that, unvaccinated, should they catch covid and become seriously ill they take up so many d*mn*d resources to treat them for what is a self-induced condition. Hospitals are so full of the unvaccinated. It is even having an effect on maternity wards as the groups of vaccinated and unvaccinated have to be kept apart now.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Freedomforall wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:27 am I have to share this with you Moon. This is one of my favorite comedians. It is a little humor about tornadoes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlTv3tSN4vw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l1Rn3CbNYQ
Well, that pulled me right out of the anti-vax funk...

Thanks FFA! :lol:
-Andrea