Corona Virus

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Corona Virus

Post by Sinned »

Well, my grand-daughter, who lives with us, has tested positive for covid. A lateral flow was positive so we drove her to the testing centre for a PCR test and that came back positive this morning. At the moment she just feels a bit under the weather. She has had one jab and was due to have a second in a week or so. My wife and I don't have to isolate as we have had both jabs. I have been pinged by test and trace. My g-d has to isolate until 19th October and she can have her 2nd jab 28 days after that. At least we can see the effects of covid at close quarter. I will take a lateral flow test tomorrow. We are not showing any signs.

Here are a couple of msn articles:
This is about gene sequencing of covid.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/medica ... li=AAJt1k3
This is about new treatment that can prevent as well as cure covid.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/medica ... li=AAnZ9Ug
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Dennis, I wish you all well over the next couple of weeks.

My little town is now COVID free, with no new cases for 15 days. 152 people got it in a population of about 600 but thankfully nobody needed ICU or a ventillator. I never could find out how many infected were vaccinated. Stats so far are 83% first dose and 68% fully vaccinated. I don't think that includes any of those who now have some natural antibodies. Started with one person turning up to a funeral from another town.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Covid isn't making headlines on my local channels quite like it used to. It's there, it's just not every other story now.

Just a quick check on WJHL out of Johnson City indicates that the cases are starting to drop for some reason. Considering vaccination rates have stagnated due to hardened politics, I guess it's just temporary before another flare up.

As for the shot... every day I field at least a handful- if not more of people who proudly claim they are unvaccinatedand "ain't getting it no matter what that damned dictator in Washington says!"

The last one I just looked at her, smiled and said "I don't care, get it, don't get it, do what you want".

Damn it felt good to say that.

She asked if I got mine.

"Yep".

And that's all that was said about it.

Honestly, I really couldn't care less about this virus anymore, the vaccine, the cure, of the dog pile of politics that surrounds it.

I mentioned:

"Last night, I took a walk, looked up at the stars, and marveled at the fact that we, as a species will never see that. That is a place humankind will never step foot, and we will never sully it up, and that brought me a certain level of peace and satisfaction. That's why I love the cosmos, it's just so much bigger, and humans will always be to stupid to understand it."

She gave me a deer in the headlight look....

What does this have to do with covid?

Nothing, and that's the point, none of this sh!t really matters.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

If it sounds like I've basically given up, I have.

Maybe I'll get another friendly message basically calling me an idiot. I can't honestly say they were wrong. Though I can't help but chuckle at the pompous arrogance I have to endure from virtually everyone daily. We all think we're so smart... yet the world is so full of problems...

How can this be? How can everyone be so right all the time and yet this world be so utterly screwed up?
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Well Moonshadow, I hear you.

Life is a series of choices and you reap the rewards of the choices you make.

If you choose not to be vaccinated then if you catch it and get really sick and possibly die, that's the consequences of your choice.
If you gat vaccinated and then catch it you may bet very mild of no symptoms like a common cold, and not end up in hospital and gain an even better immunity.

Our state government has said yesterday that basically once we reach a target percentage of the population fully vaxed, that if you won't look after yourself, then the government will not be in a position to help you.
There's the choice. Pretty straightforward right there.

Look at the UK, they've fully opened up, life back to normal living with covid like we do with the common cold.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well that's where I'm at... I've done everything I can to protect myself. If I get it I get it, if I die I die, if I don't I don't.

It's either my time or it's not. I can't help being surrounded by a self righteous, albeit stupid species.

Come what may.
-Andrea
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

6ft3Aussie wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:41 amOur state government has said yesterday that basically once we reach a target percentage of the population fully vaxed, that if you won't look after yourself, then the government will not be in a position to help you.
There's the choice. Pretty straightforward right there.
I wish the various governments in the USA would take that stance as well. Unfortunately, now the game plan seems to allow the socially-irresponsible to push around the socially-responsible and put everybody back into mask-madness. Colour this old boy "not amused".
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:01 am Unfortunately, now the game plan seems to allow the socially-irresponsible to push around the socially-responsible and put everybody back into mask-madness. Colour this old boy "not amused".
I'll be damned.. I have to do what they tell me when I'm on the job... but on my time, I don't bother masking up anymore

When the skirts go on, the mask comes off.

I ain't worried about those who choose not to vaccinate. They made their bed, now let them lie in it.
-Andrea
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Rokje »

I'm vaccinated twice with Pfizer, and the Dutch government decided that the 1,5 meter distance rule was abanded, so did the face mask rule. The result: An increase in hospital numbers.
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Rokje wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:40 pmI'm vaccinated twice with Pfizer, and the Dutch government decided that the 1,5 meter distance rule was abanded, so did the face mask rule. The result: An increase in hospital numbers.
Amongst the vaccinated population or the unvaccinated population?
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

My g-d has had one jab and she had symptoms on day 1, cough, feeling grotty etc, but now she seems absolutely fine. It's as if she hasn't got it. Maybe that's the advantage of youth and a single jab. Anyway, things are fine, life is good.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by Sinned » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:23 pm

My g-d has had one jab and she had symptoms on day 1, cough, feeling grotty etc, but now she seems absolutely fine. It's as if she hasn't got it. Maybe that's the advantage of youth and a single jab. Anyway, things are fine, life is good.
Glad all went well for you and yours, but the consequences for youth is not always so easy, and the appearance of some lingering metabolic organ impact is concerning, so let's not slip into generalizing from a limited sample, but I'm certainly pleased your scare has been averted.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Well one of our team is not long back after a pretty nasty dose of Covid, not hospitalised but properly ill, and still can't taste things. She was double vaxxed. I still say get vaccinated, I am, but it is not 100% effective so you still need to take precautions. I am still not happy being in crowded rooms, did not enjoy the long wait for a disappointing BK burger in a crowded service station today, most people still masking but not everybody, ah well, I was masked and didn't spot any looks at the big man in a long skirt!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Rokje »

crfriend wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:20 pm
Rokje wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:40 pmI'm vaccinated twice with Pfizer, and the Dutch government decided that the 1,5 meter distance rule was abanded, so did the face mask rule. The result: An increase in hospital numbers.
Amongst the vaccinated population or the unvaccinated population?
Mostly unvaccinated people from the Biblebelt. They don't want the vaccin, they don't trust the government
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Rokje wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:10 pmMostly unvaccinated people from the Biblebelt. They don't want the vaccin, they don't trust the government
I thought you were in the Netherlands, not the USA. What you describe sounds like what we have where I live. :(