Corona Virus

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Corona Virus

Post by Sinned »

Somehow one gets the impression ( but is probably not the reality ) that COVID just hasn't the same effect anymore. We are no longer forced to isolate any more if you catch it.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Sinned wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:34 pm Somehow one gets the impression ( but is probably not the reality ) that COVID just hasn't the same effect anymore. We are no longer forced to isolate any more if you catch it.
Well, it's considered no longer a public health issue. It may still be an issue for the health of individuals but that's personal responsibility.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Yes, The public attitude to Covid has markedly changed here. Starting on March 13th 2020 with near-total lockdown and all its consequences, the Authorities were aware that no-one had been immunised and zero Covid was the initial goal.

Fast forward to today, when practically 100% of the population have had multiple jabs, some have actually had Covid and recovered quickly, so it has fallen down the Danger scale to the equivalent of 'flu. Masks are rarely worn now except in Medical facilities and 'normality of social distancing &c has returned.
Perhaps I've been lucky, but I have been a frontline face worker all this time and have never tested positive to date. The PPE we wear undoubtedly acted as a barrier and still does.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !