Corona Virus

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Corona Virus

Post by Big and Bashful »

Last week on the Wednesday I went to a gig (kilted of course), Friday evening started to feel ill, tested, yup, the dreaded walrus had struck, a positive LFT, tested again in the morning because that last test was after half a bottle of proscetto and apparently alcohol can give you a positive result. Second test was a stronger positive. Been feeling horrible all week so far, today I feel like I am starting to improve at last.
Covid isn't all it's cracked up to be, I wouldn't recommend it!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

Big and Bashful wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:22 am ...that last test was after half a bottle of proscetto and apparently alcohol can give you a positive result.
Was that prosecco or prosciutto? Half a bottle of either of them might give interesting results.

Anyway, get well soon!
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

geron wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:58 am
Big and Bashful wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:22 am ...that last test was after half a bottle of proscetto and apparently alcohol can give you a positive result.
Was that prosecco or prosciutto? Half a bottle of either of them might give interesting results.

Anyway, get well soon!
Fizzy white stuff, proboscis? something like that. anyway, feeling better today, just took another LFT, strongest positive yet so I am still officially a plague carrier.
Last edited by Uncle Al on Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quoting format
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Hard luck B&B, hope you get well soon. I work in a high risk category for catching the lurgy [0] but as far as I know I've not had it yet. I had a cold recently but the test was negative on two consecutive days. Over it all now.

[0] shop worker on a checkout.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

From myself downunder, I was recently in New Zealand to look after my 81 year old dad who has been recently diagnosed with bladder cancer, thankfully for him all tests show that it has not spread.

Anyway on arrival through immigration they gave us both a number of RAT tests and told us to monitor the situation, which we did, testing on days 1, 3 and 5.
Anyway on day 5 my wife tested positive, and myself a day later, and it was one of those tests that was very strong and not possible to ignore.
She had a bit of a headache one day and congestion like a cold and the only thing I had was a little congestion, and I've had colds much worse that that.

I only tested negative about 3 days before returning to Australia, and the required negative test the day before departure was negative...

On enquiry I found that most common time from infection until symptoms is around 2 to 3 days, so we're pretty sure when we were exposed.

All good now.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Hi all, well I am still not right but a lot better than I was, still testing positive though. Oh well!

Anyway, to all who are battling with the bug, good luck, hopefully it doesn't turn too nasty!
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Good luck. It's been a month for me now and while no longer positive I have this stupid cough that won't go away :(
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Me too, day 7 and still testing positive.
Physically OK but stir crazy symptoms are a real issue for me.
Thoughts to all in similar straits.
Steve.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Well I work in a high risk occupation as far as covid is concerned. Last night I felt tired with a tickly cough and a bit of a blocked nose. I took a LFL test and it came back positive. Over here we no longer have to isolate if you test positive and I knew that if I took time off the store would be in the sh*t as we are really short staffed and I am alone on the till for the last hour. I know, it could be said that the situation is not my concern as management should be able to cope. As we left there were 5 people to close the store. As it happens I had an easy day and was able to keep away from people while filling shelves and on checkout. I don't feel too bad, I've felt worse having a cold and it's not as bad as the flu. If I do feel really bad then I will stay home, naturally.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Hi, I am still having the occasional coughing fit, I don't think it is covid related, just a cough. To be honest I can't get worked up about covid anymore, other things on my mind.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Like you, I wonder what all the hype was about. I'm not saying that all the deaths didn't occur but I'm puzzled about the millions, like us, that only have mild symptoms and those for whom it proves deadly. I don't know anybody in my social circle who has died from covid. I've had all my shots but to be honest if this is covid then I have had worst colds or unspecified viral infections as they are called nowadays. I have an intermittent cough and I feel a bit blocked up. I tire a bit more easily. Glad you are recovering and future health for you.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Two things….

The variants currently circulating are toned down versions of the original. They can still hospitalize, but it’s very less likely. They more or less present as an upper respiratory tract infection.

Delta and earlier had a much higher rate of hospitalization, and hit people with certain preexisting conditions much harder than regular folk.

My frustration nowadays is that we are still treating the current variants like the originals and haven’t moved on… but we will get there I suppose.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

We got damn lucky that the super-virulent versions and descendants that we have now are much less dangerous. It could have gone either way. I personally know one person that died, but that was pre-vaccine. Two days from a cough to death. I also know people who have tested positive several times yet never noticed anything.

And now everything is back like it was (well, except lots of people are still working from home).

As they say, if you've studied one pandemic, you'll know everything there is to know about one pandemic. The next one will be completely different. The good thing is that advances in the biomedical field stay with us and will go on to improve our lives in many areas.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Well a second test came back positive and I informed my manager. I am off until Saturday at the earliest and need at least one negative test. I have an intermittent cough and some congestion and tiredness. Oh well, the effects are bearable; I'll survive.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well... my tower has fallen. I've been feeling somewhat puny for the last two days. Yesterday being pretty lousy and then today starting off that way, but really no worse than a bad head cold. Jenn insisted that I take one of those at home covid test. The one I took yesterday was negative, so I dosed up on Ibuprofen and went to work.

I actually worked a pretty big shift, not getting home until almost 11PM. I was tired and worn out, but not what you'd say, miserable. I was in bed a little after midnight. I took some NyQuil and slept rather peacefully.

This morning I woke up feeling about the same and running a low grade fever. Jenn administered another test which came back positive, and was confirmed by a third test at a local Urgent Care, so I'm out of work until Wednesday (I guess they're counting yesterday and today towards my five day quarantine time.

When the ibuprofen wears off, I start to feel down, sleepy, and generally crummy, however when on the ibuprofen the symptoms are much more manageable. In fact, I've been doing housework this afternoon. I've had a full appetite. I've have a very slight headache over my eyes, but nothing more than I normally get during any bout of crud. I have a nagging cough, my nose is congested and my sinuses feel stuffy. Fatigue comes and goes, I have no shortness of breath, and the Nurse Practitioner who examined me said my lungs sound fine.

Anyway... so far mild (very) mild symptoms all in all. In fact, I'd actually have no problem working through this if they'd let me, but I know that's not allowed. We'll see how tomorrow goes. I hear day three can be rough.

The grass need mowing... I'm tempted, but no, I don't think I'll push my luck right now... :mrgreen:

By the way, while on my trip to the Urgent Care, I wore my black Macabi skirt and my "West Virginia" tee-shirt. Considering the clammy/sweaty nature of my skin right now, the skirt seemed VERY appropriate.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.