Corona Virus

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Corona Virus

Post by Kirbstone »

Moon,

I am sorry to read of your father's distress, but you say he has been a life-long chain smoker until recently.

(Med. hat on)...Lungs, which transfer oxygen from the breathed-in air to the bloodstream do so through the areolae, tiny little seperate sacks like bunches of grapes which normally have a very great internal surface area, so oxygen is rapidly talen up.

Smoking introduces carbon monoxide into the lungs daily which over time destroys the internal walls of the areolae, making them fuse into larger sacks with vastly reduced internal surface area and reduced oxygen transfer. This condition is irreversible and is described by Medics as Emphysema.

Alas, there is no cure, but those so affected may gain some help from regular use of an oxygen apparatus, which needs to be at hand wherever they are.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Corona Virus

Post by Big and Bashful »

More good news for smokers: tobacco leaves are slightly sticky, nasties in the air setlle on and stick to the tobacco and the washing process does not remove them all. One of the nasties in the environment that sticks to tobacco is polonium 210, this is one of the major causes of lung cancer and is also the stuff that killed that Russian spy in England a few years back.

Hmmm.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!