Comment from new plumber!!

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Comment from new plumber!!

Post by Fred in Skirts »

My whole house water filter was getting stopped up and the water pressure was dropping like a rock. My old plumber has decided to go walk about and was not answering my calls. So I decided to try someone else. So found a plumber near where I live and called them and they came right away. He came to the door and knocked and when I opened it he gave me one of those I don't believe what I am seeing looks.
He then asked me is that a dress, I was wearing a gray knee length skirt and a blue "T" shirt. So I said no it was a skirt. He said something I could not understand and went to work changing the filter. He also did some other work to hang the filter properly as the old plumber did not hang it. Now here is the best part all he charged was $50 USD my old plumber charged $75 USD for less work performed.
I now have a new plumber... :cheers: :thumright: :yellow:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Comment from new plumber!!

Post by crfriend »

OK, you presented the new guy with an eyeful and he stuttered a little bit.

However, the job got done well and you're happy with the result. In other words, a win. He'll probably not be flustered next time you have plumbing problems.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

But I can imagine the conversation he had with his wife at dinner. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall.. :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Reminds me of the time when I was still less public, but not hidden, that a woman friend of ours arrived at our house for a scheduled visit- ---a warm day and I answered the door in a miniskirt -- her reaction was so TV over-the-top -- a stuttering comment along the lines of 'if you're busy with something I can come back" -- clearly she thought something kinky was going on. I assured her she was expected and we had a good visit. Not many weeks later she was staring at the skirt I was wearing, making me wonder if she had more doubts than expressed -- but it turned out she wanted to borrow my skirt to see if she could make a similar one for herself as it had an interesting bunch of bias cuts that caused it to move and flow easily with my movement despite being a denim fabric! I've subsequently learned the initial startled response was more due to thinking we might be having some 'extra fun' than any condemnation! One never knows -- indeed it would be fun to be the fly on the wall in so many situations.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

You could have replied "It's a skirt and at least it doesn't show half of my butt" .........but then he might have charged you $100.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Last Friday we had a maintenance guy come to our office to do some repairs, I was wearing my green utility kilt that day, he came in, I said Hi and introduced myself, he did a half second double glance as if to say "you don't see that every day", but made no comment, and not any other second glance, we discussed a couple of issues and what needed to be done. Not another second glance, or any hint of other than normal interactions from him, although I could tell he took a second to think about it. Another guy we had doing some plumbing didn't even second glance or react in any way.

99% or people give you no visible reaction that I've seen.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

denimini wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:53 am You could have replied "It's a skirt and at least it doesn't show half of my butt" .........but then he might have charged you $100.
He was an older gentleman and was one plumber who wore his pants high enough the the "Plumbers Crack" was not seen!! :tmi: :rofl:

He was also very nice and a pleasant sort of fellow. I have decided he is my new plumber going forward.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:10 am ... Now here is the best part all he charged was $50 USD my old plumber charged $75 USD for less work performed.
I now have a new plumber... :cheers: :thumright: :yellow:
My last encounter with a plumber cost me $300, but they did replace a cracked and leaking disposer.
I was wearing graphic printed leggings and a T-Shirt that day.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I needed to do a little plumbing myself down at our holiday bolthole last w/end. After a mere 46 years MOH decided that we needed an outside tap for a garden hose. Problem was the thickness of the 200 year-old stone walls. I brought down my SDS drill and a 3-foot long augur and after some careful measurements selected a site for the through pipe from the rising main in the kitchen.

To my surprise it took only about 15 minutes to break through 29 inches, so efficient are those SDS drills at getting through stone. The weather was so b.-awful cold & windy that I didn't wear anything exotic, but MOH wouldn't allow that anyway. I myself was wearing my plumber's hat and once the hole was drilled the hook-up was a piece of cake....just a compression T on the main, a couple of right angles and careful measurement of lengths, so everything slotted together.

Plumber's comment? About time. Better late than never!

Tom
Rs SDS drill & 3-foot augur to get through stone wall.jpg
Rs 29 inches to the marker ribbon. Some stone wall..jpg
Rs Outside tap installed (after 46 years!).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Cement and copper is a bad combination. Chemicals in the cement will eat the copper. The copper pipe should be covered to shield it from the cement. In the Netherlands by code, all copper pipe through walls should be insulated with plastic or rubber. With those couplings you still can do something about if you like.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak