pocket / Scientists Say Your “Mind” Isn’t Confined to Your Brain, or Even Your Body

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

pocket / Scientists Say Your “Mind” Isn’t Confined to Your Brain, or Even Your Body

Post by Coder »

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/scie ... -your-body

Neat article, got me thinking, though I'd share. I realize this article doesn't look at the "mind" from a spiritual aspect, but it can speak to how we are present in this world aside from our souls.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: pocket / Scientists Say Your “Mind” Isn’t Confined to Your Brain, or Even Your Body

Post by Sinned »

There are instances of patients receiving a donated organ, particularly but not exclusively confined to the heart, and experience a change in tastes in which they now liked things that they previously disliked and which the donor liked. Or felt sensations and feelings that they previously had not felt before. The are theories that the human body exhibits holographic characteristics and hence what makes us what we are is not confined to just the brain. Michael Talbot wrote a book called "The Holographic Universe" which I have a copy of and have read. Food for thought.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Re: pocket / Scientists Say Your “Mind” Isn’t Confined to Your Brain, or Even Your Body

Post by pelmut »

Sinned wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:05 pm There are instances of patients receiving a donated organ, particularly but not exclusively confined to the heart, and experience a change in tastes in which they now liked things that they previously disliked and which the donor liked. Or felt sensations and feelings that they previously had not felt before. The are theories that the human body exhibits holographic characteristics and hence what makes us what we are is not confined to just the brain. Michael Talbot wrote a book called "The Holographic Universe" which I have a copy of and have read. Food for thought.
There are some recent theories that gut flora play a much greater rôle in health and illness than was previously recognised, but you may not want to look too closely into how they are administered ---- 'Food for thought' indeed! :-(
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Yeah, I'd heard of faecal transfusions for cases where the patient had to have their gut microbes killed off and to put in place some good ones!!!!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.