Another bites the dust......

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Another bites the dust......

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Kirk Douglas, the renowned actor, dies at 103.
curt douglas.jpg
By Jackson Danbeck |

MADISON, Wis. (WMTV)-- Kirk Douglas, the actor whose career spanned more than 60 years, died Wednesday at the age of 103, according to a statement from his son, actor Michael Douglas, and posted to Instagram.

“It is with tremendous sadness that my brothers and I announce that Kirk Douglas left us today at the age of 103,” reads the younger Douglas' statement.

Kirk's health had been in decline since 1996, when he suffered a stroke but recovered most of his faculties.

Douglas was raised in Amsterdam, about 30 miles (48 kilometers) northwest of Albany, New York, according to AP.

He graduated from St. Lawrence University in northern New York and served in the U.S. Navy during World War II.

His lengthy film career included starring roles in “Lust for Life,” Spartacus” and “Seven Days In May.”

He was nominated for three Academy Awards and received an honorary Oscar in 1996.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Re: Another bites the dust......

Post by beachlion »

That is indeed sad. Kirk Douglas was also well known on the other side of the big water. I still remember seeing Spartacus in the Netherlands in the most expensive cinema of The Hague.

1916 must be a good year. My mother was born in that year but died in 2004. By coincident, last Sunday we went to a viewing of a family member of my wife. She was also born in 1916.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak