Happy 39th Birthday Moonshadow!

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Happy 39th Birthday Moonshadow!

Post by oldsalt1 »

Happy Birthday hey 39 ain't bad you got a lot of time ahead of you . Things seem to be changing and by the time you reach my age maybe the forum will be Pants café and we, I mean you will be talking about your adventures wearing pants :lol: :lol: :lol:

Again happy birthday
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Happy birthday for the 27th as well from downunder, hope you had a good day and it wasn't too cold in your part of the US.

Many more years ahead for you too, you're lucky to have a supportive wife with Jenn as well.
BTW you've got 8 years to go to catch me and I'm still young!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:thewave:
:hb:
:thewave:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOON!!
And many more as well!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

I skip coming to the café one day, and see what happens, I miss your birthday.

Happy belated birthday to ya.

I'm just ahead of you a few years (I'm 43)
Just a heads up, your warranties expire at age 39 then stuff starts acting up. Getting old is not for wimps.

:hb: :thewave: :hb:
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

A belated "happy birthday". My birthday is this time of the year also, but I think it just helps people remember it. We don't need to complain.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Moon: Happy belated birthday
F4All: Happy belated birthday
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Jim wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:34 pm A belated "happy birthday". My birthday is this time of the year also, but I think it just helps people remember it. We don't need to complain.
Also congrats for you.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Wishing you a belated :hb: :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

Happy belated birthday old man! Skirt on!
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

Spotted whilst back in the UK visiting family. We were on a daytrip to Dartmouth down in Devon. Was this tub a present to self to celebrate your birthday? :laff:

moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

FranTastic444 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:52 pm Spotted whilst back in the UK visiting family. We were on a daytrip to Dartmouth down in Devon. Was this tub a present to self to celebrate your birthday?
Not quite. Moon isn't exactly a seafaring man.

Nevertheless, a trip to the U.K. would be cool!

Thanks again for all the birthday wishes guys!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Fran,

It is lovely for you to be able to get back UK side and visit that truly glorious maritime gem, Dartmouth. I was bemused by your description 'Tub' for what is clearly a very fine sailing yot indeed, 50 foot if she's an inch, with teak laid decks, boom & vang and covered binnacle &c. Name well spotted, I must add.

As an amateur very part time leisure sailor I'd give a lot for a fine ship like that.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

Yes, Tom, it's great to get back to the UK from time to time to see family and also to see some of the British countryside. Although we have been down to the tip of Cornwall a couple of times, we have not really explored the wider south west of England. My brother has moved to Paington, so this gives me an excuse to be in that area from time to time (if one were needed).

Unlike gin palace, I thought that tub was a friendly term for a boat rather than being anything derogatory. I should have stuck to the phrase used in the 12 months that I worked in software for the containerised shipping industry - vessel. Any other description would get corrected by one of my colleagues.

On the other forum I frequent, there are two statements made about boat ownership -
1. There are only two happy days in boat ownership. The day you buy it and the day you sell it :-)
2. If it flies, floats or (I'll leave out the third 'f' to keep it family friendly) - hire it!

Here is Moonshadow in all of her glory.

crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

FranTastic444 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:15 pmUnlike gin palace, I thought that tub was a friendly term for a boat rather than being anything derogatory.
No, "a tub" when applied to a boat (or even ship) is definitely quite derogatory, especially in New World parlance. I'm thinking of the little tub that my father bought in the 1960s when he had fantasies about being a sailor -- a Mirror Dinghy, in which was sailed ponds where when he tipped the thing over he could stand up to right it. I being much smaller than I am today got to swim to keep afloat until the deed was done. That was a tub, and put me off sailing for decades. For all of the above, it was still demanded of me that I learn celestial navigation. I went into computers.
On the other forum I frequent, there are two statements made about boat ownership -
1. There are only two happy days in boat ownership. The day you buy it and the day you sell it :-)
2. If it flies, floats or (I'll leave out the third 'f' to keep it family friendly) - hire it!
Thank goodness I didn't have a mouthful of beer when I read that!

Boat: noun: A hole in the water into which one throws money.
Here is Moonshadow in all of her glory.
That is one impressive yacht.

I have a question for the experienced: "What happens when an in-mast furling system jams? Especially in a heavy blow."
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

From my perspective and upbringing the term "tub" is what might called an affectionately but very mildly derogatory term for any boat. Used in the same sense that you would any derogatory term for someone/thing that is loved. Another case of same language, different meanings/nuances.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.