A bridge too far?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Re: A bridge too far?

Post by beachlion »

I just read the bridge was build by a Dutch company, Royal BAM. In one of the videos I saw a familiar color combination on equipment, green with a small corner in orange. I hope the bridge is better engineered than some buildings in the Netherlands. Floors in some buildings they build were collapsing. But the company are still Royal. ;)
https://www.khl.com/construction-europe ... 61.article
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

They had to ask the Dutch to build it, BL. There is no-one in Ireland who has anything like the experience to pull off a project like this.

Two years ago I had the pleasure of cruising around the Ijsselmeer and Markenmeer on a sailing barge and we traversed the lock at Enkhuizen between them. Although the levels were the same there is provision there for disparate levels either way. Fascinating too is the motorway which dives under the whole lot, locks and all.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Kirbstone wrote:They had to ask the Dutch to build it, BL. There is no-one in Ireland who has anything like the experience to pull off a project like this.

Two years ago I had the pleasure of cruising around the Ijsselmeer and Markenmeer on a sailing barge and we traversed the lock at Enkhuizen between them. Although the levels were the same there is provision there for disparate levels either way. Fascinating too is the motorway which dives under the whole lot, locks and all.

Tom
Maybe something akin to the Holland Tunnel in New York City ?
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !