UFOs

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

UFOs

Post by moonshadow »

So I hear tell the U.S. Navy has declassified a mystery of sorts that could be evidence of extra terrestrial life.

I wait for further updates eager with anticipation! :P

Perhaps it won't be much longer now, the evidence will be obvious that the human race is not the most advanced species in the universe. In fact, I'd wager we're nothing more than a bunch of galactic retards. :lol:

Steven Hawking and Carl Sagan never died... they just went home! :alien:

...and every night when I look up at the sky, I beckon for them to take me with them!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: UFOs

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I have been asking them to do that for many years now. I am not meant to be on this planet :alien: :alien: :alien:

I do believe in UFOs. I have seen many strange things in the sky both during the day and at night. Stars don't shoot across the sky then stop and do a sharp right turn, at least that is what physics has taught me. :ugeek:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:Perhaps it won't be much longer now, the evidence will be obvious that the human race is not the most advanced species in the universe. In fact, I'd wager we're nothing more than a bunch of galactic retards. :lol:
At this juncture I am reminded of Terry Bisson's little story on the matter, They're Made out of Meat -- which I heartily recommend. (Or a video version if one's reading skills are less than adequate.)
...and every night when I look up at the sky, I beckon for them to take me with them!
It's going to be a very long wait, I suspect.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

While I love science fiction, and think it would be cool to see aliens from other planets, I highly doubt they exist.

The odds of any planet out there having any life at all, much less intelligent life are so slim, that even with the vast numbers of stars and planets out there the odds were against life existing on even one of them (ours), much less multiple.

To Fred's point, I too have seen odd things, but that doesn't necessarily mean aliens. Shooting stars are meteors, which sometimes break apart as they burn up in the atmosphere. This could send pieces in multiple directions, and look like a sharp turn from the right angle...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Dust wrote:The odds of any planet out there having any life at all, much less intelligent life are so slim, that even with the vast numbers of stars and planets out there the odds were against life existing on even one of them (ours), much less multiple.
Billions of galaxies with billions of stars in each one?

While I'll grant that there may not be any intelligent life within our immediate area of the galaxy, also granting that the light speed barrier may just be flat out impossible to break, not only for us, but also for any other alien life, thus rendering us (and them) "alone" for eternity, I believe odds are favorable that there are other species out there.

We may not be able to ever actually meet each other, but we might at least be able to send communication. But bear in mind, due to the light speed barrier, basically, anything that's beyond a hundred light years away just hasn't had a chance to see what we've sent out yet, and that doesn't even account for any signal loss. I saw a image once, that our entire history of radio signals have only crossed but a tiny fraction of the milky way alone.

NASA estimates the Milky Way to be 100,000 light years across, so if you plan to get a signal to the other side in less than one tenth of a million years, you'd have to find a way to send a signal faster than the speed of light... and that's just to communicate. Actual travel is another matter all together.

No doubt any other alien lifeforms have grappled with the same limitations.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I mean think about it... how do we know that our first radio broadcast isn't just now being received on some distant alien world? And they are just now replying with "we're here!"

We won't know for a hundred years, because the signal will take that long to get back to us!
-Andrea
Jetblasted

Post by Jetblasted »

The navy did released this info about two months ago, I believe. There’s been a slow trickle of news stories by the cia the last few years. There’s certainly been an uptick in Alien related news stories articles, eyewitness, etc. The navy also pretty much confirmed the TR-3 of the Phoenix Lights, fame. This is an amazing craft. Lots of stuff is happening now. Lots of chatter. My favorite is the Rod of God Kinetic Energy Weapon that collapsed the North Korea Nuclear Mountain. Space Based Lasers were used to knock down missiles fired from Yemen into Saudi Arabia. Times of war is when all kinds of interesting stuff is revealed. Personally, I don’t believe in Aliens. But, the chatter is that they do exist. One Weird “theory”, is not that they live in outer space, but they live in inner earth and they enter & exit at the poles. Admiral Richard Byrd reported this. Supposedly Hitler had a base there, and just why have a slew of VIP’s gone to the South Pole in the last few years? The Pope, Prince Harry, and on. When Buzz Aldrin was there, he tweeted, "We are all in danger. It is evil itself”. He was then air lifted out on a medivac flight. Why is Marina Ambrovich on the board of directors of an Antarctica Corporation. Why is it illegal to travel (alone) to Antarctica without prior government approval? There’s something fishy going on in relation to both Ayys & Antarctica. They’re not telling us and the stories fly. Supposedly President Eisenhower has had contact with the Ayys. I don’t know what to believe. There’s a lot they don’t tell us. Ancient civilizations, etc. The people that control all this info have controlled it for hundreds of years. We’re Just passing through. It’s their world, we just live in it. I’d say one of the craziest stories about the Ayys, (but they’re all crazy to me), is that the DS/NWO as a last ditch effort to gain control of the populations of earth, is to unleash (reveal) the existence of aliens, to coerce the public to clamor for governmental help save us vote communism. Supposedly the Ayys are not friendly. They’re not hostile either. Supposedly they make visits all the time. Supposedly they are among us. It’s hard to know what is true if not. But when you start noticing patterns of legacy media stories, pay attention to the patterns. Nothing is fluid with them. Remember, these days up is actually down.
Jetblasted

Post by Jetblasted »

Oh, and the whole storm Area 51 is a psyop diversionary tactic. Look here. Don’t look there.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Why are scientists looking for intelligent beings away from Earth?

Because there are none here on Earth.

John
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

"Beam me up, Scotty. There's no intelligent life here."
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

I regard this topic as an Unsolved Mystery.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

JohnH wrote:Why are scientists looking for intelligent beings away from Earth?

Because there are none here on Earth.

John
So, if there is no intelligent life here....then how are the scientists smart enough to know to look for "intelligent life?"
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

With trillions of trillions of stars out there in space, why would we think we are so damned special to be the only form of intelligent life there is?

What makes us so special??

Are we so arrogant to believe there is no intelligent life some where in the whole universe?

I personally believe that they are already among us hiding in plain sight. Watching to see if we will self destruct and destroy the entire planet.

:alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :cyclops:

And the way it is going they will not have to wait long!!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Freedomforall wrote:So, if there is no intelligent life here....then how are the scientists smart enough to know to look for "intelligent life?"
To turn that one on its head, what happens if life is possible using components other than hydrocarbons and water? In that case, we'd not even recognise something as alive, never mind possibly intelligent.

I'm not sure what the chemistry would look like, but what happens if it's possible to get life using silicon and nitrogen instead of carbon and oxygen?
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

I recall something I came across in UFO lore. The question is...if the aliens are here, why don't they proclaim themselves to the world? Why don't they communicate with humanity?

Answer-the aliens are visiting. The reason that they don't want to talk to us is...because they think the human race is a bunch of idiots.