The real flux capacitor

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

The real flux capacitor

Post by moonshadow »

https://youtu.be/PnpX8d8zRIA

Watch to the end.... it's there!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Re: The real flux capacitor

Post by beachlion »

Very interesting.
It was a competitor to the Philips Videodisc, sort of.

I like to know about those forms of retro amusement electronics. At some time there were three competing systems of video tape, VHS, Betamax and V2000. V2000 from Philips was technically the most advanced but VHS survived the battle because of better marketing, lower price and the availability of more pre-recorded movies. Do you also remember the 8-tracks?
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

beachlion wrote:... VHS survived the battle because of better marketing, lower price and the availability of more pre-recorded movies.
I heard a slightly different slant on that:
In the U.K., it became apparent to the public that VHS was by far the worst of the three (engineers had known that all along) and stocks of unsold machines began to pile up in a warehouse. One of the major rental companies did a deal and bought up the entire warehouse full of unsold machines for a bargain price  A lot of people were uncertain which system to buy, so they decided to rent one for a while until the winner became clear and, because the rental company was offering cheap VHS machines, that was what they rented.  

This meant that by the time they finally decided to buy their own machines, they had a stock of favourite programmes and family recordings on VHS, so they had to buy a VHS machine to be able to play them.  Such is the perversity of business.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.