prez experiments with golf kilt look

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Re: prez experiments with golf kilt look

Post by JohnH »

crfriend wrote: To Dave's point about not "wasting a vote" on a 3rd-party candidate, what happens when the "two" major parties both field candidates that are so thoroughly repulsive that one cannot in clear conscience make a mark next to the name? Usually I find myself voting for the lesser of two evils (with one exception where I actually voted in the affirmative -- and in hindsight it was an error), but 2016 set a new low in that the task was impossible. The United states really needs a way to indicate, "no acceptable candidate" and if that option wins the election they get to select new candidates and we retry the matter. In 2016, Trump was unacceptable (and unfit), Clinton was unacceptable, the Libertarians with Bill Weld running as VP were unacceptable (due to the way that Weld bungled things in Massachusetts), and the Greens were unacceptable as being too far out in the weeds -- and there was no way to tell the controllers, "No, idiots. Go back and find acceptable (and fit) candidates."
I agree with what you wrote, particularly where I bolded the text. I also would say Hillary Clinton was unfit with the corruption and the Benghazi situation. We also need to be able to hold recall elections to remove unfit elected officials and appointed judges.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I am goin g to stay out of this fray. with just one comment CR if 50 % of the populace agrees with your opinions that means that 50% of the population doesn't so you tell me which half is right.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

oldsalt1 wrote:I am goin g to stay out of this fray. with just one comment CR if 50 % of the populace agrees with your opinions that means that 50% of the population doesn't so you tell me which half is right.
There are times when nobody's "right", and that's where it's vital that we remain civil in our discourse and behaviour. What ever happened to the notion of agreeing to disagree and moving on? Ultimately, it's not about "me", nor is it about "you" -- it's about us. We're supposed to be on the same team.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Jetblasted

Post by Jetblasted »

The US magically became a 50/50 Nation in 1992.
That is not a coincidence.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

oldsalt1 wrote:May be but I will be the one laughing. Pelosi is already saying the Democrats are going to loose the house in 2020
FOX.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Jim, sometimes if you have a name that is known you can get a directorship on some private or public company. Or maybe a "consultancy" somewhere. That is if your political and job experience is a good fit for their immediate needs. Otherwise they get a parachute payment and they are on their own. Hopefully they will have squirrelled away enough with salary and "expenses" to tide them over. Oh, they do get a generous pension as well so I doubt that any of them will starve.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Or:

Is it true,

--- Or ---

Did you see it on CNN?

I believe the main goal of the media is to sell advertising and to make sure people see the ads, and a low priority is to tell the truth. They embellish and slant things so to draw attention from the public.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I believe everything I hear and see on the news!!!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Actually the only news I watch at all anymore is the local news so the stories are easily verified. I watch mostly to see what the local poli-tics of the town are up to, and to get the weather prognosticators idea of telling me what the next days temperature will be.

As for the national news media they all lie like hell just so some of us will watch the advertising so they can make more money. They all have their own agendas and horses to whip.

Actually we would probably be better off if the news media were totally gone and no longer exist....
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

https://youtu.be/3Q2EPKKVrqI

It's a little dated... but no less relevant.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Jetblasted

Post by Jetblasted »

JohnH wrote:Or:

Is it true,

--- Or ---

Did you see it on CNN?

I believe the main goal of the media is to sell advertising and to make sure people see the ads, and a low priority is to tell the truth. They embellish and slant things so to draw attention from the public.
The main goal of the media is to brainwash the public.

"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false" - CIA Director William Casey

Rothschilds > CIA > DNC > MSM
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Let's just let this thread drop and just concede that Trump is not the sharpiest tool in the shed... :D
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

oldsalt1 wrote:I am goin g to stay out of this fray. with just one comment CR if 50 % of the populace agrees with your opinions that means that 50% of the population doesn't so you tell me which half is right.
Trump's polls range from 37% approval to 42% approval. If you find one higher, it must be a Fox News poll. So, to be generous, he has a 40% approval rating...and that's substantially less than the 50% you claimed. Proceed with your wishful thinking; your crushing defeat will be even more delicious.