Current events

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.

Re: Current events

Postby oldsalt1 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:13 am

Dillion I don't give a s--t what you really think . Originally I asked a simple question trying to gain some insight to your train of thought.

You are the one who started with the insults.

So let us have it I am sure that the world is waiting with batted breath for you FAHL words of wisdom
User avatar
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 2107
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:25 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Current events

Postby Uncle Al » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:47 am

This is a clip of a sweet lady who barely survived "Gun Control".
She was 84 years old when this clip was made.

Hitler Survivor Condemns Gun Control - KEEP YOUR GUNS, BUY MORE GUNS

To the members on the West Side of The Pond, does what she
say ring any "bells" with the current level of political candidates :?:
How about the "Lifers" in politics, the ones pushing for a Socialistic
Government for America :?:

How about the "Media" leading the way to discord among our citizens :?:
A warning by Malcom X JPG 2019-08-08.jpg


This is a good explanation of the 2nd Amendment - - - -
A good explanation of the 2nd Ammendment JPG 2019-08-08.jpg


LEARN FROM HISTORY SO YOU DO NOT REPEAT HISTORY :!:

From an Italian Observer,
A Europeans thoughts on Gun Control 2019-08-08.jpg


OK - NOW can we get back to what this Cafe' is all about :?:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
( A P.O.'d American who is tired of the 'unwashed' not learning from history, who are
becoming brain-washed by the media and can't see the forest because of the trees :twisted:
I see & hear enough of this garbage on a daily basis without having to read about it here. )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-2020(and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
User avatar
Uncle Al
Moderator
 
Posts: 2473
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:07 pm
Location: Duncanville, TX USA

Re: Current events

Postby Fred in Skirts » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:56 pm

OK - NOW can we get back to what this Cafe' is all about :?:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


What we need is a good leg holster we can wear under our skirts to make it easy to draw and fire. :lol: :lol:
Fred :kiltdance:

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
User avatar
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:48 pm
Location: Southeast Corner of Aiken County, SC USA

Re: Current events

Postby Uncle Al » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:28 pm

Carrying a Gun in My Skirt? Yes! And you can too!
Found on Amazon.com -
Image
This model is wearing the holster over jeans, for modesty.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-2020(and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
User avatar
Uncle Al
Moderator
 
Posts: 2473
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:07 pm
Location: Duncanville, TX USA

Re: Current events

Postby beachlion » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:35 pm

As far as my education from the American movies goes, a lady wears a Derringer in her garter belt if she wants to arm herself.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
User avatar
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 1295
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:15 am
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Re: Current events

Postby Fred in Skirts » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:25 pm

beachlion wrote:As far as my education from the American movies goes, a lady wears a Derringer in her garter belt if she wants to arm herself.


2 shots and you are out of ammo!!! :(

I prefer much more ammo so I can keep firing if I need to. :lol:
Fred :kiltdance:

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
User avatar
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:48 pm
Location: Southeast Corner of Aiken County, SC USA

Re: Current events

Postby crfriend » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:43 pm

Gents, May I please remind folks on the western side of the pond that divides the Old World from the New that this is not a firearms forum and that our brethren on the Eastern side are likely confused and possibly rather appalled by the attitudes in the New World.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
User avatar
crfriend
Master Barista
 
Posts: 10654
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: New England (U.S.)

Re: Current events

Postby Ray » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:32 pm

Likely? Possibly?

No. Absolutely appalled - but more saddened.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:03 am
Location: West Midlands, England, UK

Re: Current events

Postby Jim » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:36 pm

Someone somewhere wrote:
Uncle Al wrote:This is a good explanation of the 2nd Amendment - - - -
A good explanation of the 2nd Ammendment JPG 2019-08-08.jpg




Or one could look at what a conservative Supreme Court Justice said
Image
User avatar
Jim
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:39 am
Location: Northern Illinois, USA

Re: Current events

Postby john62 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:13 am

Just very sad, but the really sad part is that everywhere seems to be heading full steam into chaos, some countries faster than others. In the post Christian world
human life has no value.

John
john62
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:13 am
Location: Australia

Re: Current events

Postby dillon » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:44 am

oldsalt1 wrote:Dillion I don't give a s--t what you really think . Originally I asked a simple question trying to gain some insight to your train of thought.

You are the one who started with the insults.

So let us have it I am sure that the world is waiting with batted breath for you FAHL words of wisdom

OS, I have no intention of taking your bait and getting this thread locked. You’ll just have to pitch your little hissy-fit alone. Nice try though.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
dillon
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 2687
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:12 pm
Location: southeast NC coast

Re: Current events

Postby crfriend » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:36 am

john62 wrote:Just very sad, but the really sad part is that everywhere seems to be heading full steam into chaos, some countries faster than others. In the post Christian world human life has no value.

I think a lot of it is down to the level of isolation that many find themselves in on a constant basis, and the only recourse to it is to find like-minded types on the Internet which then becomes an echo-chamber. I find it very paradoxical that in this eternally-connected world that that's possible, but that's certainly what seems to be happening?

Whatever happened to the art of face-to-face conversation? It seems to be a dying relic of a bygone age. Everything now seems to be TXT or twits and personal acquaintances have become "Farcebook 'friends'" who give you grief. Personally, I find the give-and-take of good old fashioned conversation enjoyable, sometimes challenging, and always enjoyable (at least until you run into the occasional miserable zealot).

As we become detached our brains lose traction and our sense of reality diminishes -- and cell' 'phones and the 'Net can't help that.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
User avatar
crfriend
Master Barista
 
Posts: 10654
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: New England (U.S.)

Re: Current events

Postby dillon » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:09 am

Uncle Al wrote:This is a clip of a sweet lady who barely survived "Gun Control".
She was 84 years old when this clip was made.

Hitler Survivor Condemns Gun Control - KEEP YOUR GUNS, BUY MORE GUNS

To the members on the West Side of The Pond, does what she
say ring any "bells" with the current level of political candidates :?:
How about the "Lifers" in politics, the ones pushing for a Socialistic
Government for America :?:

How about the "Media" leading the way to discord among our citizens :?:
A warning by Malcom X JPG 2019-08-08.jpg


This is a good explanation of the 2nd Amendment - - - -
A good explanation of the 2nd Ammendment JPG 2019-08-08.jpg


LEARN FROM HISTORY SO YOU DO NOT REPEAT HISTORY :!:

From an Italian Observer,
A Europeans thoughts on Gun Control 2019-08-08.jpg


OK - NOW can we get back to what this Cafe' is all about :?:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
( A P.O.'d American who is tired of the 'unwashed' not learning from history, who are
becoming brain-washed by the media and can't see the forest because of the trees :twisted:
I see & hear enough of this garbage on a daily basis without having to read about it here. )


Thanks, Al, but I’d rather avoid relying on memes for any reasonable understanding of history. Especially unilaterally partisan memes.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
dillon
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 2687
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:12 pm
Location: southeast NC coast

Re: Current events

Postby Ray » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:42 am

In an effort to steer this into calmer waters, I’d be interested in the views of North American’s on the disparity between Canada and the USA on gun death stats. Sometimes, from a European perspective, there seems to be little cultural difference between the two - but there must be.

Thoughts?
Ray
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:03 am
Location: West Midlands, England, UK

Re: Current events

Postby howardfh » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:47 am

Ray wrote:In an effort to steer this into calmer waters, I’d be interested in the views of North American’s on the disparity between Canada and the USA on gun death stats. Sometimes, from a European perspective, there seems to be little cultural difference between the two - but there must be.

Thoughts?

From the outside Canada appears to have a different zeitgeist than the US - example, they have a proper public healthcare system, they have better gay/lesbian rights etc. The mindset over weapons seems to be they are necessary for protection - against bears and other wild animals out there that see Canadians as dinner!

Love to read a Canadian's perspective. But one thing I can bet on - they love not being "american" as in the US!!
howardfh
Active Member
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:43 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest