word humor

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

word humor

Post by kingfish »

Something that popped on my facebook feed...
englishlanguagehumor.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: word humor

Post by Sinned »

Very good. Some of them really need quite a bit of thought and knowledge of English grammar.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Ye Tortures......From a document found in the archives of Bude Monastery during a squirting excavation. It shows a complete list of tortures, approved by the Ministry of Works in the year 1438, for failure to pay Leg Tithe, or Sockage.

The prisoner will be:

Bluned on ye Grunions
and krelled on his Grotts
Ye legs will be twergled
and pulled thru' ye motts.

His Nukes will be Fongled
split thrice on yon Thulls
Then laid on ye Quottle
and hung by ye Bhuls

Twice thocked on the Phneffic
Yea broggled thrice twee.
Ye moggs will be grendled
and stretched six foot three!

By now if ye victim
show not ye sorrow
Send him home, tell him
"Come back tomorrow".

My thanks for that to the late Spike Milligan, whose gravestone is actually inscribed with:

"I told you I was ill"

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Kirbstone wrote:[...]
My thanks for that to the late Spike Milligan, whose gravestone is actually inscribed with:

"I told you I was ill"
...but not in English.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I must have spent too much time this week working with nuclear emergency legislation, too tired to think about that first offering, love Spike but there is so much better out there, I can't even be bothered trying to get my satellite picture to work (Probably needs some hedge trimmed back again).
Bit of mandolin practice, a gin and tonic or two, then an early night I think.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

B&B. I too find Spike a little difficult to get my brain around.
I do however approve of Mandolin practice and a G&T or three.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Kirbstone wrote:B&B. I too find Spike a little difficult to get my brain around.
I do however approve of Mandolin practice and a G&T or three.

Tom
Hi Tom, Actually, I think Spike is my number 1 comedy hero, his work with the Goons (Before my time but my English Lit. teacher was a fan and got me hooked. His TV series, were mad, much was funny, bits were not brilliant but his low points were much better than Python's low points (I think that makes sense!). I loved his war "memoirs", some of the funniest books I have ever read. I also liked Python but there is quite q lot of Python which doesn't hit the sweet spot for me, you can keep the Parrot Sketch, but I love stuff like the Fish Slapping dance or Bicycle Repair Man. It is the mad stuff that I like.
On paper, it has to be Terry Pratchett (RIP), his Discworld is a fantastic place to lose yourself in!
Best comedy writer on TV these days? I think Graham Linehan (Father Ted, Black Books, The IT Crowd), then BBC Scotland had Still Game and Chewin' The Fat, best TV comedies from the Beeb (Scotland). Ooh, what else? The Fast Show was great, was that BBC Englandshire or Channel 4? There was Absolutely, fantastic but a bit patchy.
Finally, I get the most laughs these days from Would I Lie To You (We need new episodes!), Mock the Week, then from radio- The News Quiz and The Now Show.

Can you tell I am trying to stoke up my happy gland? I'll get my coat!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!